Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Amazon is doing changes to the look of the KDP reports page.
The BBOS are gone. There is no brown left.

This makes me sad. :'(
A part of the indie publisher culture goes away.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
1001nightspress said:
... maybe it's a change they're rolling out?
Yeah, probably, or just a server-sync issue. I see the new design. Farewell, oh brown confirmation that I am not a well-known author making multiple sales every day throughout the world!

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Instead of the Brown Bar of Shame, it's the White Box of Shame.

WBOS

(We could keep calling it BBOS.  Then we could really confuse the newbies when we explain what it is.)

Camille

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
White - how dull. I'm hoping they will replace it with a grassy field with daisies in it.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Farewell, farewell, oh bar of brown
No longer will I feel so down
When I regard the bar of white
Which tells me that my sales are shite.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Lydniz said:
;D

I love the way so many British swear words get through the filter. It's like when I was a kid watching Buffy at 6pm on the BBC and Spike said wanker. Oh the hilarity.

I'm going to miss the brown bar.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Daphne said:
White - how dull. I'm hoping they will replace it with a grassy field with daisies in it.
Well done, Daphne - the perfect response - love it!

AA2014 said:
What was the brown box of shame?
It was the Beige Bar Of Shame which reappeared on the first of each month, until it was banished by your first sale. Of course back in the day there was only the US bbos to taunt you.

Well, my bars are now all blue! Assuming it stays blue and isn't one of those Amazon testing things they're so fond of, it can be the Blue Bar Of Shame Or Not BBOSON (b-boson has a nice Physics-y ring about it). Sad to see the BBOS go, such a staple of indie life.

1001nightspress said:
Oh, there we go. Australia now looks like Nathalie's example. Maybe they heard us complaining about the BBOS, and assumed it was the color we were objecting to. Had we made it clearer, they might be giving us sales there now instead ... dagnabit!
Indeed! An algo which actually had the potential to boost sales, rather than trashing them after a month would be good. As someone who has just published the fifth in a series, I can say with feeling - 'thirty day cliff, who needs it?'

Lydniz said:
Yay!

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
I have the new version.  Not sure if I prefer it or not.  It's harder to tell, at a myopic glance, whether you've actually sold anything!  :p

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I'm going to miss snuggling up against the cozy brown bar.  :'(

The new format looks very utilitarian to me... cold, stark and silent.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts