Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Was the listing removed? I wanted to see what it ended at, or if it was still going and couldn't find it. I followed the link an article listed as the official hat and it led me to a page that said the listing had been removed. ???

Ooh, I found it. Apparently it did get cancelled temporarily yesterday (which was all the old links led to), but it restarted and is ending in an hour!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Princess-Beatrice-Royal-Wedding-Hat-Philip-Treacy-/230624681772?pt=Women_s_Accessories_UK&hash=item35b24d5f2c

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
jmiked said:
Wow! A hat with a UHF antenna on it. :eek: :eek:

Mike
LOL a UHF antenna on it. Now the question is, what does one say about what/who is under it? I'm scratching my head over the intellect and/or taste (or lack thereof) that would cause someone to wear a UHF antenna on their head AND in public AND at something where their photos will appear all over the world. ::)

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Val2 said:
The bidding for 'The Hat' ends today, as of right now the amount is at 81,000 pounds! Any more offers here?
Gasp, that is over $131,000 !! You can buy a really nice sailboat for that !

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I think the hat was to keep everyone from noticing how ugly and age-inappropriate the outfit is....

Betsy
I must disagree, Betsy. I think the hat was to keep everyone from noticing the eye makup applied with a trowel. The outfit was just a bonus.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
JRTomlin said:
I must disagree, Betsy. I think the hat was to keep everyone from noticing the eye makup applied with a trowel. The outfit was just a bonus.
;D

Betsy

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Geoffrey said:
... and if I needed something both hideous and fabulous to put on my head, this would definitely be in the short list, I'm just afraid it will make my ears look big. Just as an aside, if I get the hat, do I have to wear that lacey top? that just might be a dealbreaker.
You also have to have bad posture and 60's overdone eye make-up.

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
I think the rest of the outfit was very bland and conservative. Taupe.  How was it age inappropriate?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts