Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watched this movie for the umpteenth time on TCM.  MY GOD I love this movie!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
LOL I thought you were talking about the weather. Its gotten below 0 here in Michigan for the first time in years.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I love that movie too.  And the soundtrack.  I haven't seen or listened to either one in years so it's time for a revisit.  Thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Now I have another song stuck in my head.

I heard it through the grapevine, and I'm just about to loose my mind...

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Jeff said:
Maybe this will help unstick it...
"Joy to the World" I like this one even better! And yes, I now have this in my head (at least those darn California Raisins aren't dancing through my mind any more)

I knew it wouldn't take long for somebody to add sound to the thread :)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Just watched this movie for the umpteenth time on TCM. MY GOD I love this movie!!!
One of my all time FAVORITES!! I can watch it over and over. I have almost worn my CD out also and have the soundtrack on my ipod.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I actually own the Anniversary Edition of the DVD. But I found myself unable to turn it off when it came on TCM last night. It's my second favorite movie, after Lawrence of Arabia..

[EDIT: I should mention that LR bought me the DVD as a present (Valentine's, I think) but put off doing so for years because, in her words, the movie is already constantly playing in my head, so I had no need for the DVD.]

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Did you read my essay?
No, because I am supposed to be *working* but I get off in 45 mins and will read it at home.

Okay I lied, just finished it. Great job! I love the pic's, look at that young Kevin Kline. You wrote this on 01/09/09?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
No, because I am supposed to be *working* but I get off in 45 mins and will read it at home.
*plays "Sixteen Tons" in tribute*

"I owe my soul to the company store."

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jeff said:
I did. It was was very well written. I really like this movie too. How many is that?
Either three or five in a month, depending on your counting. ;)

And thank you. :) While none of my fiction has ever been published (only articles and a poem), I did make extra income as a writer for a while. You and I may have our differences of opinion, but I worship what you do, and praise for my writing from an actual author means a lot to me. :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jeff said:
Jeeze, be careful, Jim, you'll ruin your image as an iconoclast.
Little chance of that.

Published fiction writers are gods! Even though a huge chunk of them suck.

See? ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts