Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for opinions on my blurb, so where better to go than kBoards?

The book is a coming of age/rockstar/romance.
Book 1 in a planned series of 4.
102k words.
1st person, he said/she said.

I've teased the blurb to death, and now I'm wondering if it's even any good. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance.

SUMMER of 88
A Glam Rock Love Story

PREPARE TO BANG YOUR HEAD. AND FALL TENDERLY IN LOVE.

High School Graduation. The year, 1988. Fritch, TX.

Shea

After graduation, I totally needed a vacation from this dusty, little town. And like an answered prayer, I got the chance. House sit for my rich aunt in California? Ab-so-lutely!

So my three best girls and I headed out to spend all summer basking in the sun. But when we discovered California nights is where the action is… well, our plans changed.

Now it’s the biggest party on Earth. Sunset Strip, Los Angeles, California in the summer of 1988. It was ker-aaaazy! Power ballads, guitar smashing, leather pants, big hair bands, high-octane nights and fast boys—who could say no?

For a country girl like me, I was a fish out of water. Especially when HE walked into my life. What a fox! He made me feel things I never had. And now he's all I want.

Will

Yeah, me and the boys were following in the footsteps of the greats—Motley Crue, Poison, those new guys called Guns N Roses, and all the rest. All we needed was a shot to get signed.

But then I laid eyes on HER. This little girl from podunk nowhere was love walking.  She was everything I wanted. Man, I had to have her.

And then my band started falling apart and my dream unraveling. Now I’m left wondering if the summer of 1988 is going to be the worst summer of my life… or the absolute best.

No matter what, with Shea at my side it’s going to be a total riot!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts