Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rules of the game:

- Name the book and author quoted in the previous post, bonus points for naming the character and double bonus points for not having to use Google.  ;D

- Post a quote from one of your favorite books, for the next person to guess.

Hopefully this will be fun.  I'll start it off with an easy one.

"I am in love. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love."

·
Registered
216 Posts
Forster said:
Rules of the game:

- Name the book and author quoted in the previous post, bonus points for naming the character and double bonus points for not having to use Google. ;D

- Post a quote from one of your favorite books, for the next person to guess.

Hopefully this will be fun. I'll start it off with an easy one.

"I am in love. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love."
Travels with Charley?

It's in your signature

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Googlegirl said:
Travels with Charley?

It's in your signature
lol, told you it was an easy one, now come up with a quote for the next person to guess.

·
Registered
22 Posts
"LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?"

The reason for the capital letters is that this character always speaks in capitals. And that is also the hint as to who said it, and from where it comes.  :)

I really like that quote, it's stuck with me for years.

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
“Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can.”

Edward C. Patterson

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
edwpat said:
"Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can."

Edward C. Patterson
Ishmael in Moby Dick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.