Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
But but but I never lost the UK nor DE one for this month.  :'(

Oh well... at least I wound up with a record breaking 2 in the US.  ;D (wish we had a happy dance smilie)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only faith in Baby Jesus will keep the howlings of the dark forest from the front door.
The Brown Bar appraoches on the mid night hour. 

Medieval superstitious metaphors aside, we really are in the fickle hand of fate.  :eek:

·
Registered
691 Posts
the brown bar always scares me. I've gotten used to having it permanently for the .de domain, and don't mind it too much - but its always a nerve-wracking time when US and UK shown nothing but brown bars. Wish Amazon would just accumulate the numbers instead of resetting them each month... *chews fingernails*

·
Registered
258 Posts
Each month the sales of last month disappear and it leaves you with a brown bar until you get sales for the new month.  It's like starting over again. 

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ian Fraser said:
the brown bar always scares me. I've gotten used to having it permanently for the .de domain, and don't mind it too much - but its always a nerve-wracking time when US and UK shown nothing but brown bars. Wish Amazon would just accumulate the numbers instead of resetting them each month... *chews fingernails*
We will be visited by three ghosts at midnight. It's that last ghost we have to watch out for. Even Tiny Tim left his wooden crutch behind.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Ian Fraser said:
I wouldn't mind having both displays, side by side: this month's sales and sales for all times. But I like having the monthly sales right there, so I can easily track how I'm doing compared to last month, and to my monthly goals.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Tara Maya said:
Before you have any sales to count in KDP, it just shows a blank brown bar. It's a glaring reminder that you have no sales yet for the month!
Ah. I haven't seen that yet. My book's not been up that long, and I of course had immediate sales from friends and family. Kindle is slow for me, though, so I guess I'll be getting intimately acquainted with said brown bar. (Wait, that sounds a little wrong.) Oh well, back to work on another book.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Aaaargh, stop it! I was so happy this morning, with the upsurge in sales over the last couple of days. And then I remembered the numbers will all be gone tomorrow.  :'(

·
Registered
513 Posts
Argh! Thanks for the reminder!

These garlic wreathes won't hang themselves, after all...

*makes the sign of the cross*

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Aoohhh!!!
The clock of fate is ticking ever closer.
Can you hear the grisley howl from the dark forest. :eek:

As Doc Emmet Brown said to Marty McFly....."Erased from Existence"

1 - 20 of 56 Posts