Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.amazon.com/The-Caliphate/dp/B002BMLGFI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1245770344&sr=8-2

My thriller, The Caliphate, is currently offered for just 10 cents on Kindle.

When Trent Lambert, a New York hedge fund manager, takes a run at the Indonesian Rupiah, he needs more than just money to make the currency decline. Amidst the glory of his billionaire status, he loses the support of his long time friend and investor. Then his son is kidnapped. The ransom: The destruction of the U.S. dollar and the ruin of the fragile American economy. Trent knows he can do it. But the FBI are now investigating him, and he must flee to Indonesia to save his son. On the world's busiest shipping lane, in its pirate-infested waters, Trent, a pirate, and a grade-school teacher, must confront the planet's most dangerous religious leader whose vision of a new superpower Trent is fulfilling with American-style capitalism.

I hope you and enjoy it and will consider reviewing it.

Thanks,

Michael F Stewart (writing as Jack)

Still not convinced? See Soleil Noir's review of my forthcoming 24 Bones currently available for Kindle via Mobipocket. http://soleilnoir.wordpress.com/2009/06/21/24-bones-a-review/

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
And how did you get your book priced at 10 cents on the Kindle store when other authors can only go as low as 80? Inquiring minds wanna know. :p

(BTW, I bought your book when it went up last week. Seems like an interesting mix of action and finance.)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CS, not sure how it happened. I just set the price at 0.10 and it worked. I did this through Mobipocket, however, which feeds Kindle, so perhaps that's the way to go. On the other hand, Mobipocket isn't recording any of the Kindle sales, so I've probably found a bug of sorts. In the meantime, what I'm really trying to do is generate interest and reviews. I do hope you enjoy it. As for finance and action, absolutely correct, but I don't dwell on the former. Though, I worked as a venture capitalist for 10 years and have a pretty good handle on the financial side, so it is accurate. Enjoy!

CS said:
And how did you get your book priced at 10 cents on the Kindle store when other authors can only go as low as 80? Inquiring minds wanna know. :p

(BTW, I bought your book when it went up last week. Seems like an interesting mix of action and finance.)

·
Registered
501 Posts
The story sounds intriguing, and for 10 cents, how can I go wrong!

Purchased, and on the short-list of my TBR collection!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi, All, just wanted to give fair warning - The Caliphate's price is going up to (I know, I know an extortionate sum) of 0.99 cents. It takes a few days to works its way from Mobipocket onto Amazon, but please buy it now if you're interested at 10 cents but not at 99!

Happy reading.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts