Kindle Forum banner

Tell us about the tree in your house, if you have one (you may select up to three answers).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell us about your tree traditions!

In our house, we always have a real tree, purchased from the Rotary. Because our house is small, putting up the tree means we have to move furniture, so we get creative with where we put it. This year it's in the dining room! Not sure how that will work with opening presents tomorrow, but it looks nice.

L

·
Registered
168 Posts
Small artificial tree, no room for anything else. On the mantel where it has a fighting chance of surviving the cats.  :p I always decorate it in a nature/bird theme with a string of green mini-lights.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I am not doing a tree this year.  Nor did I do any other decorations.  I am leaving today to go to my home town to see all of my family, and then tomorrow, after dinner at my mom's with my two youngest (24 and 23), I'll be heading to Altoona to visit my oldest and his family.  So I didn't see a particular reason to go to all the trouble for just me. 
Next year hopefully I'll have found a nice house and will be all moved and can decorate twice as nice to make up for this year. 
debbie

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I have a 4ft artificial tree. I keep  it on a table in my Living room. I bought it about two years ago it is one that comes with the lights already on it. Before this tree I had a 2ft tree.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
We have a real tree. Whoever gets up first waters it. One year we moved the tree onto our deck, stand and all, and it looked good right through the spring.

Here's this year's placement:

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I got a new artificial tree this year because my old one was just too big for this house.  That one is in front of my sliding glass doors so the neighbors can enjoy it too.  It's done in silver, crystal and white, although I added some very pale pastel poinsettias this year.

I have a table tree that I did with plaid ribbon, cranberries, pine cones and a red bird. 

Another table tree is done all with boxes (bought it that way). 

I didn't put up my ceramic tree this year, or my two wall trees.  The wall trees are peach Victorian and mauve Victorian. 

I had another table tree that I did all in jewel tones, but the tree gave up the ghost.  I'm making a wreath with the ornaments.  A wreath will work better since I'm definitely running out of room. 

My plan is to start preparing for next Christmas on 12/26/08.  Sounds good, doesn't it?  :D

·
Registered
509 Posts
I don't have the energy or motivation to decorate for Christmas. It's not so much putting the stuff up....I don't want to take it down and pack it away. Mrs. Ten gets a friend to decorate and I'm happy with that.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, if we're going to post pictures, here's my tree in the dining room.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Harvey, Jeff, and Leslie,

Thank you for your Christmas Tree Pictures.

I don't put up a tree in the house - with cats who drink the water, climb the tree and knock it down, break the ornaments, rip open the wrapped gifts and just make a nuisance of themselves, it is easier to go without.

When I had my dog in the house, he used to whizz on it. I'll just enjoy your trees.

Merry Christmas,

-sailor

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I have a vintage aluminum pom pom tree I bought on eBay about 3 years ago. I love it,
because I love vintage, have a lot of vintage ornaments and I do not have to worry about lights. I do miss the smell of a real tree but
only a bit! I always put it in the same place, a vintage table in my entry way...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Wow, guys, thanks for sharing the photos. Makes me wish I had a tree. Seems silly to me to put up a tree when its just me that lives in the house. But then mom and dad moved up here a couple of years ago so I got to see their tree, but this year mom didn't put one up so no tree for me.  (Dad passed away a few years back and she doesn't see the need- LOL maybe I should have just put it up for her so I'd get to see one live again!) 

Anyhoo I plan on a tree next year!!!! I'm starting fostercare/adoption next year and plan on having a child in the home before Christmas so guess I'd better figure out where it will fit and then go out and buy one on sale. Or maybe steal mom's since she doesn't use hers anymore!!! ;D ;D :eek: :eek:  hmmm would have all the trimmings too LOL!! Maybe if I ask for it for Christmas???

Theresam

·
Registered
157 Posts
We have a potted real tree.  There is a tree farm around here that keeps trees growing in these big pots and they deliver them, pick them up, and when they get too large they replant them on their lot.  That way we don't have to be killing a real tree and don't have to deal with the fakey-ness of an artificial tree. 

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Scathach said:
We have a potted real tree. There is a tree farm around here that keeps trees growing in these big pots and they deliver them, pick them up, and when they get too large they replant them on their lot. That way we don't have to be killing a real tree and don't have to deal with the fakey-ness of an artificial tree.
What a great idea!

L

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Mom didn't feel like going through the storage so she just thought it would be easier to buy a new art. tree. The family voted against it, but mom came home with a new tree the day before yesterday. She one up'ed the usual tree. She had to get the rotating tree that has lights attached to it. If I had much of a say...I'd go with a real tree its more eco-friendly than the chemical filled art. ones

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
bkworm8it said:
Anyhoo I plan on a tree next year!!!! I'm starting fostercare/adoption next year and plan on having a child in the home before Christmas so guess I'd better figure out where it will fit and then go out and buy one on sale. Or maybe steal mom's since she doesn't use hers anymore!!! ;D ;D :eek: :eek: hmmm would have all the trimmings too LOL!! Maybe if I ask for it for Christmas???

Theresam
That sounds wonderful. Good luck with the fostercare/adoption. My cousin went that way and got two wonderful children.

I always look at houses with two things in mind; does it have large enough bedrooms for the kids, and where can I put my Christmas tree. Hope you've got that covered.

And yes, Mom should give you her tree and ornaments.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts