Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A posting from Amazon's Kindle Blog:

Journeys to the end of the world, fantastic creatures, and epic battles between good and evil--what more could any reader ask for? For the past fifty years, The Chronicles of Narnia have transcended the fantasy genre to become part of the canon of classic literature. Each of the seven books is a masterpiece, drawing the reader into a land where magic meets reality, and the result is a fictional world whose scope has fascinated generations. And now, you can enter that world on Kindle!

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Prince Caspian

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

The Silver Chair

The Horse and His Boy

The Magician's Nephew

The Last Battle

Strangely, the books' prices range from $1 - $3.95. I downloaded a sample of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, but didn't see any illustrations beyond the cover page and the map prior to the first chapter. If anyone gets the books, please let us know if there are more illustrations.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have these in paper books and audio books.  I loved them as a teenager.  So glad they are Kindled!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Good news, pidgeon, thanks for letting us know.

These are favorite family books.  I can't even count how many times I've read the whole series aloud to my kids -- at least four times over the years, probably more.

Great books and wonderful memories, sweet!

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
This is hot news, especially at those prices. I read the first couple of books as a child and saw the first movie a few years ago. Loved them all.

G

·
Great books. Haven't read them in a long time. They must be brand new because I looked for them only a week or so ago and they weren't there then. Thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I remember my sixth grade teacher reading "The Lion, ..."  to us.  Got me to read the entire series.  I haven't read it since though.  I'm not sure if I should or if I should just keep it as a great memory.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
^ John, did you go to school in Canada? My Grade 6 teacher there read the The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe to us, and the Aslan death scene really had an impact on me.

It's probably not allowed to read C.S. Lewis in public schools anymore.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nope, in the US in Oregon.  Yeah I guess the Christian undertones might not fly today in public schools?  Though I'm not Christian I personally wouldn't care if it were read in public schools.  My teacher did not use it to preach. I just thought it was a really cool, engaging story, great for the imagination of a sixth grader.  And as I said above it did prompt me to read the rest of the series.

G

·
John, you really should re-read them. They are wonderful books, and as an adult, you will appreciate they on a whole different level.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Anyone read the Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis? I don't like it as much as the Narnia books but still an interesting series to check out for his fans.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
snapcat said:
Anyone read the Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis? I don't like it as much as the Narnia books but still an interesting series to check out for his fans.
I have this in paperback that I picked up at a "reps samples sale" but have not read it. I was saving it for a gift to the grandson.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts