Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I've just published my first short story. I'd appreciate any response or review, good or bad. Thank you!

The death of DEATH

Death guides, those who ferry the freshly dead to the other side, often remember their own demise, and usually have a very interesting story behind it all. But there's one problem for one particular death guide: she cannot remember a thing about details behind her own death, and thus has no tale of her own. One fateful night on a new job, she meets a young girl that may change her death forever.

Amazon.com:The death of DEATH

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Elfmanguy,

Welcome to KindleBoards and congratulations on your book!

KindleBoards is a Kindle fan and reader forum. As you browse KindleBoards, keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed in the Book Bazaar. (You've posted your book thread in the right place; this is just our standard welcome that we place in all book threads. :))

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then. You may modify the latest post to reflect new information.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread: Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,36.0.html. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello all. I've just posted my first short story. It's a sweet little fantasy tale about the subject of death and it's 99¢. I think it would resonate mostly with the young adult set, but it's for anyone ages 13 and up. Please check it out and if you do, any review, good or bad, would be appreciated. Thank you.

The death of Death

Death guides usually have rather normal names like John, Mary, Harry, and Jessica. And even ones not quite so normal, like Bartholomew or Ambrosia. They also have the most interesting tales behind their deaths. But one particular death guide has a few problems: she cannot remember her name or the details of her demise, and thus has no story of her own. One fateful night, she meets a young girl that may change her death forever.

http://www.amazon.com/The-death-of-DEATH-ebook/dp/B00AVJUGQI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357164238&sr=8-2&

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Here are some reviews and a new description. If you like Tim Burton, this might be up your alley. It's cheap at 99¢. There are descriptions of deaths but they are few, and I think anyone the ages of 12 and above can handle it, despite the somewhat macabre subject matter.

"How can death be so touching? Read this story to find out. The author uses a poetic prose as he pulls you into not only the story, but also the characters. Written against the backdrop of death this story (ironically) is full of magic. Opposites of life and death come together, giving context to the full spectrum of the human condition. This story touched me in many ways, and I am so glad that I stumbled upon it."

"I found this story to be a refreshing change in its uniqueness. Very well thought-out. In fact, the story has an essence of Tim Burton-esque, in the terms of creating beauty from tragedy, that sets the tone from the onset and is one of my favorite aspects. The whimsy and tragedy combined were carefully written with a beautiful plot that succeeds in building a sort of suspense throughout the story. The characters were well written, thoughtful and eccentric, in a successful attempt to draw me into the characters emotion! This is one of the writer's first efforts and, all in all, is an admirable effort and was well worth the read. I would highly recommend this being adapted into a short film and would be the first in line to view it!"

"Very touching story about a topic that most of us don't like to think about. The imagery was beautiful. It was if I was "reading" a movie, if that makes sense. This story is highly recommended!"

Death guides usually have rather normal names like John, Mary, Harry, and Jessica. And even ones not quite so normal, like Bartholomew or Ambrosia. They also have the most interesting tales behind their deaths. But one particular death guide has a few problems: she cannot remember her name or the details of her demise, and thus has no story of her own. One fateful night, she meets a young girl that may change her death forever.

Inspired by and in the style of Children's tales of old, The Death of Death is a tragic, yet sweet little tale about loss and acceptance.

Suitable for ages 12 and up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you or your children are into Tim Burton or Neil Gaiman, this may be right up your alley. ;D

The Death of Death

Inspired by the works of Tim Burton and Neil Gaiman, and in the style of Children's tales of old, The Death of Death is a tragic, yet sweet little tale about loss and acceptance.

Here are a couple of 5 star reviews.

"5.0 out of 5 stars How can death be so touching?

How can death be so touching? Read this story to find out. The author uses a poetic prose as he pulls you into not only the story, but also the characters. Written against the backdrop of death this story (ironically) is full of magic. Opposites of life and death come together, giving context to the full spectrum of the human condition. This story touched me in many ways, and I am so glad that I stumbled upon it."

"5.0 out of 5 stars Tragically Beautiful

I found this story to be a refreshing change in its uniqueness. Very well thought-out.

In fact, the story has an essence of Tim Burton-esque, in the terms of creating beauty from tragedy, that sets the tone from the onset and is one of my favorite aspects. The whimsy and tragedy combined were carefully written with a beautiful plot that succeeds in building a sort of suspense throughout the story. The characters were well written, thoughtful and eccentric, in a successful attempt to draw me into the characters emotion!

This is one of the writer's first efforts and, all in all, is an admirable effort and was well worth the read. I would highly recommend this being adapted into a short film and would be the first in line to view it!"

"5.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected - in a good way

Very touching story about a topic that most of us don't like to think about. The imagery was beautiful. It was if I was "reading" a movie, if that makes sense. This story is highly recommended!"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello. My short story, The Death of Death, will be FREE on Smashwords for a short time, so please give it a gander. What could be better than free? :) It includes a mobi file, which can be viewed on kindles, just in case you didn't know. ;)

The Death of Death
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/270332

Here's the synopsis:

Inspired by the works of Tim Burton and Neil Gaiman, and in the style of Children's tales of old, The Death of Death is a tragic, yet sweet little tale about loss and acceptance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My paranormal fantasy novelette, The Death of Death, is still on sale for 99¢. If you enjoy the works of Neil Gaiman and/or Tim Burton, this is neither, but it may very well resemble both. And this might be up your alley.

The Death of Death

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Death of Death

My novelette, The Death of Death, is FREE on Amazon for a limited time, so please feel free to download your self a copy. ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts