Kindle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harry's in more trouble than he knows, and he knows he's in a lot.

His freedom depends on covering his tracks, and uncovering the truth before the police do. One person holds all the pieces. Unfortunately Harry killed him last night.

Murder, manslaughter or self-defence? When Harry agreed to a light spot of 'insurance work', he didn't know what was really planned. Then the bomb went off. Now he's confessed to burglary, could be on the hook for murder and is desperately trying to dodge a terrorism charge. On his side, a bunch of crooks and the solicitor he's dubbed Ms. Pitbull. Against him are his former accomplices, the police, and the inspector who sent him down for ten years.

"So much detail and fast paced. Great short story that I highly recommend and I look forward to reading more from this author!" Can't Put It Down Reviews

"I definitely recommend The Docks for a fast, entertaining read! How else can you get a glimpse into a life of crime without ever having to pay a lawyer or wear an orange jumpsuit?" Gathering Leaves Reviews

The Docks, a crime novella, is available from Smashwords or Amazon, at 99 cents (or equivalent overseas).
Available from: Smashwords or Amazon.co.uk

CONFLICT OF INTEREST:
A new job, a fresh start, and things are looking up for Harry. Maybe going straight isn't so hard.

He didn't expect to stumble over a job aimed at his new employer, for the kind of money a crook could retire on. It should be simple enough: tell the police, let them arrest the criminals, claim a reward. Sorted.

Except Harry's not a snitch - and it's being organised by his mate...

The sequel to the Docks can now be read on Smashwords. It has been approved for distribution and will be appearing in Barnes & Noble, and other stores, soon.

For more about the Conflict of Interest, including samples and trailer, please see Conflict of Interest

Also in paperback:
Size: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 96
ISBN: 978-09569198-0-9
Publisher: Ragged Angel Ltd
Release date: 24th November
Distributor: Central Books

·
Super Moderator
67,558 Posts
Welcome to KindleBoards, VH, and congratulations on your book!

(If you've gotten this welcome before, it's just as a matter of housekeeping. We like to put a copy of the "welcome letter" in each book thread. It doesn't mean you've done anything wrong, it just helps us know that you know the rules.)

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New update on Smashwords: the epub file should now be fixed. Anyone who has already purchased it can get the new version free.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The first chapter is available to read online:

Bob had told me we were going to sink the ship, but what he hadn't mentioned was that it wouldn't be empty when we did it. My jaw dropped in horror as I saw the arm, smashing out the cabin window, black against the flames behind it as it fumbled for the door handle on the outside to escape the inferno. Fumbled at the door that Bob had blocked.
Click here to read Chapter One.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A busy week for The Docks. First, a great review from Can't Put It Down:
"So much detail and fast paced. Great short story that I highly recommend and I look forward to reading more from this author!" Can't Put It Down Reviews

and then featured as an Undiscovered Gem on Lovethyauthor: Feature here

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A good review from the Gathering Leaves review blog, who admit they don't usually read crime thrillers:

"I definitely recommend The Docks for a fast, entertaining read! How else can you get a glimpse into a life of crime without ever having to pay a lawyer or wear an orange jumpsuit?" Gathering Leaves Reviews

And the sequel Conflict of Interest is now up on Smashwords for sample or preview. Another 99cent crime thriller, this time at 30,000 words. Harry's trying to go straight, right up until he finds the job targetting his employer is being planned by an old colleague. When his old life meets his new job, there are hard choices to make.

Conflict of Interest on Smashwords

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Docks, a well-reviewed crime novella, will be coming out in print soon. Print publication and distribution are currently underway, and a book launch event is being planned.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Docks will be coming out in print on 24th November. It can be pre-ordered now from Waterstones.

The Book Launch will be at Farthing Books on 24th November. The Launch Party is in the evening although signed copies will be available through the day. If you are interested in coming please contact the shop for details. Entry is free, but they need an idea of numbers for catering.

Size: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 96
ISBN: 978-09569198-0-9
Publisher: Ragged Angel Ltd
Release date: 24th November
Distributor: Central Books

1 - 16 of 16 Posts