Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, I downloaded an absolutely awesome book called The Elvis Interviews by author Glen Bonham from Smashwords.com.

The price: only $5!

Brief Description

A handsome, sixty-something Kansas sheriff, Jesse Smith, pulls over a 1955 pink Cadillac for speeding. No sooner has the sheriff sent the driver on his way with a speeding ticket and a warning-when something about the caddie begins to bother him.

What do this southern sheriff, the car thief disguised as an Elvis impersonator, the Japanese Yakuza, the Mafia, a locked metal briefcase, a couple of beefy goons and a washed-up investigative journalist on the brink of a major breakthrough…all have in common?

A Pink Cadillac!

But not just any pink Cadillac. We're talking about what might well be the most valuable car in the world. After all, the gleaming pink showpiece was a young man's gift to the most important woman in his life. It didn't matter that Gladys Presley had never learned to drive.
You can sample 50% of the book for free at Smashwords, which is awesome. I was hooked long before the halfway point and I happily purchased the book to find out what happened after that. You don't need to know anything about Elvis to enjoy the novel (I am not very knowledgeable about "The King" myself). In fact, you'll learn a lot just by reading this. The Elvis Interviews is exactly the kind of book I love. It's fast-paced, action-packed, has great characters and memorable locales, and something's always happening! I give Glen Bonham's novel my highest recommendation.

I also have to praise Smashwords for amazing customer service. I noticed a minor formatting issue with the book, so I e-mailed the owner of Smashwords - Mark Coker - about it. He got back to me after only a few hours, promising to e-mail the author. Within days it was fixed. I love Amazon, but try getting that from Jeff Bezos!

Author's Website: http://www.glenbonham.com/
Link for Purchase: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1612

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
That's a great recommendation, Chris. I downloaded the sample. I just finished two good books and I have been casting about for my next read. This might be it.

L

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Thanks for the review, I downloaded the sample and will give it a try soon.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leslie and Forster, I think you'll both enjoy it. It was definitely an unexpected surprise for me. I can't even remember how I found it. It might've been through ebooksjustpublished.com but I'm not sure. Either way, I'm glad I did.

Anne, you need to download it to your computer and then transfer it over to your Kindle. I don't think there's a way to do it from the Kindle itself.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
CS said:
Leslie and Forster, I think you'll both enjoy it. It was definitely an unexpected surprise for me. I can't even remember how I found it. It might've been through ebooksjustpublished.com but I'm not sure. Either way, I'm glad I did.

Anne, you need to download it to your computer and then transfer it over to your Kindle. I don't think there's a way to do it from the Kindle itself.
How do I transfer it to my kindle and do I just download the e book ?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anne said:
How do I transfer it to my kindle and do I just download the e book ?
You download the Mobi/PRC version from smashwords.com, then transfer it to your kindle either by connecting the USB plug from your PC to your Kindle OR by e-mailing it to your Kindle.com address for a small fee.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
CS said:
You download the Mobi/PRC version from smashwords.com, then transfer it to your kindle either by connecting the USB plug from your PC to your Kindle OR by e-mailing it to your Kindle.com address for a small fee.
Thanks I will download it when I get home.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
So far I'm enjoying it, I'm quite sure I'll end up buying the novel.  I really like the 50% of the book sample size at smashwords.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts