Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first book is out (in my signature), so I wanted to say hi, and take a moment to thank the KBoards.

I’ve been following and reading everything here for a past few months, learned a lot, and have most likely already avoided some mistakes I’d otherwise made without all the amazing people posting these forums, so thank you!

And for those interested, a few more points below of tips/ideas that I've found helpful. As I’m new to this stuff, all the comments and feedback are more than welcome.

Not in any particular order:

- Newsletter plug-in for the Wordpress(.org) powered websites. This is amazing, and very easy to set-up.

- A sneak peek to the next book. As I don’t have much content to offer in exchange of signing-up for a newsletter, I’m offering a sneak peek to the next book in the trilogy (cover and tag-line), reasoning that everyone reading to the last pages are already at least in some level interested in signing-up, so hoping to give them a little push for actually doing so.

- KU. This is difficult, but I finally gave-up and enrolled the book for now. Not planning to keep it there after the second book is released, but instead go wide and also free with the first book, hoping to start building some traction in stores outside amazon. When taking a long-term view, majority of the global readers will be reading with android/iOS devices (okay, kindle apps, too) and I don’t want to miss these opportunities. But right now, as a new author, I’m okay to keep the first book enrolled at least for the first three months.

- Never stop writing. When the first book went to editor/proofer, I started with the second book right away. Now, when I’ve just published the first book, the first draft of the second book is almost ready, and it will be released early this summer. It’s amazing how the words pile-up if you keep writing every day. Might even do a pre-order in a month or so, depending on how many readers I might have at that point.

Could add more, but I suppose this is enough now. Thank you again for keeping the conversation going here.

·
Registered
751 Posts
We miss you, Harvey Chute.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all, it's sure been a ride so far.

I think the hardest part has been to convince myself that it's ready for release, and that I can always go back tweaking stuff, covers, blurbs, later..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts