Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shockingly, Amazon finally caved and made the first book in my young-adult fantasy series, Powerless, free! It looks like my hunger strike worked! I only had to go without eating for 28 days.  :)

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
You, and Michael Hicks, and Lisa Yarde, and a few other non-KB authors... I posted 7? of them in the free book thread. (along with comments on the 3 I had read.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BTackitt said:
You, and Michael Hicks, and Lisa Yarde, and a few other non-KB authors... I posted 7? of them in the free book thread. (along with comments on the 3 I had read.
Thanks, Bev, I appreciate it!

·
Registered
597 Posts
BTackitt said:
Thank you, Beverly! I'm very happy they made mine free as well. Thought I'd have to hold my breath for another week before it happened. I'm a little confused though, I thought other authors here had been notified beforehand that their books would be freebies.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Awesome!!  Who else has one that just recently went free?  I've been trying to post them all on the Breakout Books page!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, everyone!

lyarde11751 said:
Thank you, Beverly! I'm very happy they made mine free as well. Thought I'd have to hold my breath for another week before it happened. I'm a little confused though, I thought other authors here had been notified beforehand that their books would be freebies.
I didn't get any kind of notification either. I guess some people in the first wave did, and then they seem to have given up on that practice.

·
Registered
199 Posts
*sigh* Any idea why it's 0.99 in Canada?

Good luck with sales, Jason!

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Michael R. Hicks from here on KB has one of his "In Her Name" books for free now too Dawn. If you go look in the sticky thread at the top of the Bazaar about freebies, Lisa's, Jason's and Michael's are all listed there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ryl said:
*sigh* Any idea why it's 0.99 in Canada?

Good luck with sales, Jason!
Do all books sold to Canadians have a tariff attached to them, making the books slightly more expensive? That's unfortunate that the extra cost still applies. :(

·
Registered
199 Posts
foreverjuly said:
Do all books sold to Canadians have a tariff attached to them, making the books slightly more expensive? That's unfortunate that the extra cost still applies. :(
No, Canada doesn't have a tariff attached. Sometimes prices vary by region, but I thought that was due to publishing rights, and shouldn't apply in this case. Oh well! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cidneyswanson said:
That's great news, Jason. Now go eat something, for the love of mike.
What? Where did this come from? Trust me, I eat plenty and always have. Primarily because fat kids are harder to kidnap.

Ryl said:
No, Canada doesn't have a tariff attached. Sometimes prices vary by region, but I thought that was due to publishing rights, and shouldn't apply in this case. Oh well! :)
Sorry!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Janie Dyes Her Hair just went free within the hour on Amazon US.  Been free in UK for about a week or so!

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
Jason,
I have had your work on my "buy it sometime soon" list for a while now.
So this pushed me over the brink.
Now I just have to move it up in the to-be-read list.
Soon.

Keep up the good work.
Just sayin....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts