Kindle Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Terrific news! Was it free on Smashwords or something? Because, it was my understanding that an authors' book needs to be free somewhere else for Amazon to "cave."

Nice~!  ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Wow, this thread got hilarious since the last time I looked at it. Props to Modwitch for revealing my early Alzeimer's, Charliegirl for that image I wish I had a week ago because I would've plastered it everywhere, and Geoffrey for that good-natured jab at the expense of computer techs. :D

Tamara Rose Blodgett said:
Terrific news! Was it free on Smashwords or something? Because, it was my understanding that an authors' book needs to be free somewhere else for Amazon to "cave."

Nice~! ;D
And the book was free everywhere for months. I hope people who get a chance to check it out find it suits their tastes!

geoffthomas said:
Jason,
I have had your work on my "buy it sometime soon" list for a while now.
So this pushed me over the brink.
Now I just have to move it up in the to-be-read list.
Soon.

Keep up the good work.
Just sayin....
No worries, thanks for the click, Geoff! It'll be there when you're ready for it. :)

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
If I keep getting all the free books that are announced on KB, I will never read them all!
Now I am off to get yours, Jason.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
40 new freebies tonight. http://www.jungle-search.com/US/kindle.php.. Some are by KB Authors, some aren't.. I know I saw Kevis Hendrickson's Gaia books 2 & 3, A. Sparrow's book Lethe, one of Danielle Bourdon's kid books, Christopher Smith's Fifth Avenue...

Some of the others are short stories, and there's a pre-order for a cookbook.

·
Registered
685 Posts
foreverjuly said:
What? Where did this come from? Trust me, I eat plenty and always have. Primarily because fat kids are harder to kidnap.
Sorry!
This:
foreverjuly said:
Shockingly, Amazon finally caved and made the first book in my young-adult fantasy series, Powerless, free! It looks like my hunger strike worked! I only had to go without eating for 28 days. :)
Seriously, though, very cool about the Free Book Fairy. I went and downloaded and look forward to reading!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a question, which is probably a dumb one. But since I have never uploaded any of my books to amazon I'm not to familiar with the process. I thought you have power to price your books whatever you want, so how come you say amazon finally caved in to let you give your book away for free. If it's up to you what you are going to charge for your book how come amazon was holding off letting you set the price as free?

·
Registered
438 Posts
The lowest you can price  your book is at .99 cents. Amazon will only lower a books price to 'free' if they detect that its free on another network like "Smashwords".

Authors who have more than one book, like having at least one Kindle book available for free. This is because giving away one book in a series (usually the first one) can lead to a nice boost in sales of their other work.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts