Kindle Forum banner

The Glorious Battle - Road Map To Armageddon

413 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  watchman220
Not sure if any of you have written some Ebooks yourselves, but I just went through the intense learning curve of the Kindle formatting adventure. To be honest it's actually quite interesting...although it was very time consuming to learn about this process without even owning a Kindle. I had to borrow one at first. Then I used the Amazon Kindle App on my Android Charge Phone. Then I found Kindle for my PC.

In the midst of all of this I wish I had pushed forward with learning more about writing for a printed version using Amazon's Createspace.com service because it was at least well explained every step of the way. I particularly appreciated Createspace.com's book reviewer, showing you how to set the gutter of the book, the margins, the cover with it's spine, and they even provided templates for Photoshop design. Nice. In the midst of it all I learned as a noob that most artwork for such things like covers needs to be submitted in standard 300 DPI format. That's a big file! The TIFF file did not even meet the less than 25 MB requirements.

I look forward to owning a Kindle but can't afford it yet. Instead I will just limp along with my Kindle Apps I suppose. Perhaps my career as an author will take off and I can afford whatever Kindle I choose. For now...just thought i would share with you the development process. It's been fun. I will probably tweak things a few more times and upload revised version of the Kindle Book.

Also...I went through building the ever popular Epub format of the EBook, using such tools as Calibre, Aspose, and of course Smashwords.com which may or may not be the best course of action. The formatting is really complicated when it comes to building table of contents into an epub and not using Microsoft Words automated table of contents. Unlike Kindle format through Amazon conversion....Smashwords.com refuses to let you use a TOC from Word. You have to build your own with HTML anchors and such. I am even very well versed with HTML...and I got lost. Still working out the Epub kinks.

Kindle is a good thing. I only hope the learning curve was worth the time. Cheers!

Here is the book cover I put together in Photoshop. Tell me what you think?

The Glorious Battle Website
The Glorious Battle - Amazon Kindle Version
See less See more
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Welcome to KindleBoards, and congratulations on the book! :)

This is just a friendly reminder that KindleBoards is a Readers and Kindle Fan forum. Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows: (Note that this doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference, so post this note in every thread. :) )

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators
See less See more
I am the author of "The Glorious Battle - Road Map To Armageddon" and I am very proud to have completed this book. It took me nine years to write it, partially because it's a complicated subject, and partially because I had no idea what I was doing for the longest time.

The book covers the history and root of Bible Prophecy, the order of events in the last days, and how we can prepare ourselves for the times that are coming.
Many people seem to be realizing that things are changing dramatically in the USA and in the world...and that we can not go on this way forever.
How do we know what is coming?
What does the Bible have to say about it.

Some of the topics covered include: The last seven years, the antichrist, the abomination of desolation, the persecution of the saints, the rapture of the saints, the wrath of God, the end of the age, the Milliennium, The New World Order, Islam, The Days of Preparation and much more.

I took this book very seriously and my reputation is on the line with such a heavy and serious subject.
I pray you enjoy the book. It is available on Amazon in Paperback and in Kindle Format. It seems to be getting out to Expanded Distribution Channels as well.
There will be some free days of Kindle downloads as I have enrolled it in KDP Select on Amazon Kindle.
If you would like to seriously discuss this book I would be happy to make it available to you for free in digital format.
You can contact me at: [email protected]

Thanks all!

The Glorious Battle - Road Map To Armageddon

<merged with existing thread. Please, one thread per book. Bookmark this thread so that you can find it again, thanks! --Ann>
See less See more
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.