Kindle Forum banner

34241 - 34260 of 34585 Posts

·
Registered
22,056 Posts
Good morning.

There was frost on the top of my car when I arose. Google said it was 35 degrees while Accuweather said it was 33. All I know is it was cold enough I didn't venture outside when II got home.

No specific plans for the day. I might manage to get some dusting done while II sleeps a while. He doesn't work again until Thursday night.

Hope your short work week goes speedily, or if you are on vacation, it doesn't go too fast. Retirement means weeks don't have quite the same impact they used to. Stay safe.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Woke up at 8am after 3 hours of sleep and noticed it was cold inside. The temp on my phone was 57 but Alexa said it was 55. After an hour went by, I sent a text to the super. We had heat later. I reset my alarm from 12:15pm to 1:55pm. Just made it to my hand therapy. It's in my neighborhood but always takes longer than I expect.  Before I left home, the temp was 49, so considering recent experience, a long-sleeve T with down vest. It felt much colder than expected because the wind was blowing hard. Nice and sunny though after a rainy morning.

I worked my hand and wrist so hard at therapy that I didn't want to do any more of it this evening. Same as last Thursday. I have my next session Wednesday, so only one day in which to do those exercises. She gave me a few new ones today.

Mostly cloudy now at 43 degrees. Tuesday will be sunny, high of 50 and low of 41. Enjoy your day.

·
Registered
22,056 Posts
Good morning.

37 this morning and warming to 65 with rain moving in late this afternoon. There is a possibility of thunderstorms overnight.

Some dusting and a slight bit of decluttering was done yesterday. More of same today, I guess.

Hope your day goes well. Stay safe.

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
Good morning from southern Arizona.

DH is driving to central Arizona after breakfast for what will hopefully be the last task for the sale of the relative's lot in northeastern Arizona. He will stay at our daughter's until after Thanksgiving.  I will head up tomorrow. I am thankful that our daughter and granddaughters are in our bubble.

Hope your day is wonderful. Stay safe. Be excellent to each other.

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
Good morning (somewhere)
DH and Ginger are at my MIL's with the trailer.  I had to come back to work through Wednesday.  I am enjoying having the house to myself.  I've actually gotten a lot of stuff done.  Not sure I'll get around to cleaning the carpet in the entry and on the upstairs landing, but I have good intentions.
I also ran a load of dishes through the dishwasher for the first time since cleaning it and replacing some little part.  Everything came out nice and clean, so I am off the hook for a new one right this minute.
The car is at my mom's; my brother will look at it on Friday.  He will also change the thermostats in DH's truck (a little excitement there - the check engine light came on when I was driving home from work yesterday).  I bought the thermostats today at lunch.  Apparently the truck is running cold - the coolant temperature is lower than the thermostat can measure.  I had no idea that was a thing...  I am learning all kinds of stuff this year.
I ordered from la Madeleine for lunch today.  I ate the avocado toast and salad earlier and will have the soup and quiche for supper.
I am doing a 60-day challenge at the gym (remotely).  The first week the extra "thing" was to hit 10,000 steps a day.  Week 2 was "eat protein at each meal."  Week 3 is "write down three things for which you are grateful."  I am grateful for all of you.
Stay safe!

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
Good morning from southern Arizona.

After I bake a single batch of GF butterscotch brownies and pack, I am driving to central Arizona to be with DH, our daughter, and granddaughters for Thanksgiving. I will try a recipe for apple cobbler and substitute the same combination of GF flours that I use for the brownies (1 cup brown rice flour, 1 cup sorghum flour, and 1/4 cup millet flour).

The lot sale is final but it appears that a couple things may have been paid for twice (septic inspection fee and property tax). Fortunately those should be easy to resolve from central Arizona without heading to northeastern Arizona. I am thankful the lot is sold and the relative has one less thing to worry about. I am thankful that all the travel, starting last year pre-COVID, related to this lot sale resulted in us creating a bubble with our daughter's household. I am thankful that the result is that the five of us get to spend Thanksgiving together. I am thankful that our large normal Thanksgiving gathering will be able to meet via Zoom from more than half a dozen much smaller gatherings in different locations across North America.

I hope your day is wonderful. Stay safe. Be excellent to each other.

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
Good morning.  52 and partly sunny here to start the day.
I am hoping for a rather boring uncomplicated day.
Stay safe.

·
Registered
22,056 Posts
Good morning.

The sun is supposed to be out around noon with a high of 65. Close to an inch of rain fell overnight. We heard thunder a few times and there was a little wind, but at least around us it appears no severe weather involved.

I'm going to try to vacuum and do a few other little chores today. Otherwise, it should be quiet around here.

Hope your holiday preps go smoothly. Make it a good day. Stay safe.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving!

It has started raining and will keep on with that today. 57 degrees, possibly going up to 61, so there will be no heat in my apartment today. I sent a text to the super Wednesday at 6:30pm to let him know there was no heat, despite it being only 52 degrees outside. The heat did not come up until about 8:15 and it stopped at 10:00.

Wednesday after my hand therapy I took a walk over to Rockefeller Center and saw the undecorated tree and the ice skating rink. Saks Fifth Avenue had impressive lighting all over the front. I didn't go across 5th Ave. to see the individual windows but saw them later on a youtube video.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10224793197603269&set=pcb.10224793210723597

·
Registered
9,181 Posts
Good morning. May we all find something to still be thankful for on this unique Thanksgiving day.

Stay safe. Be well.

·
Registered
22,056 Posts
Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving.

As Crebel says, it is a unique one and hopefully we can still capture a part of what the day means.

II works tonight and tomorrow night so we decided to have our Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday. There have been times in the past when we didn't do our eating on Thanksgiving Day. This year my menu isn't going to be the traditional turkey and fixings, but it will still be special.

Make your day special. Stay safe.

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving from central Arizona.

I have many things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. The most unusual is that Roxie, the rescue dachshund that my youngest granddaughter adopted about 2 years ago, came up to me to let me pet her. She has been afraid of me from the beginning as I apparently remind her of the older woman who abused her. She has had behavioral training to help her not be terrified of, and aggressive towards, strangers. About 6 months ago she stopped barking every time she saw me. A few weeks ago, she stopped shaking when she saw me. This morning, she approached me while I was sitting on the sofa. I told her that she was a good girl. My daughter said that I could pet her. Roxie let me pet her for a couple minutes and then left. I told my daughter that Roxie deserved some treats. After my daughter gave Roxie a couple treats, I was able to give Roxie some treats.

·
Registered
22,056 Posts
Good morning.

Cloudy today with a high around 61. I'll be spending some of my time in the kitchen preparing a couple of things for our slightly special Thanksgiving meal tomorrow. That should override the gloom outside a bit.

Anna, glad to hear you are winning Roxie over. Having had a dachshund I can understand it being a slow process.

The gold finch have arrived. They had been showing up over the last 2-3 weeks. I have 3 quart jar chicken feeder style feeders that are now being filled twice a day due to the number of birds using them. During the summer I had only 2 feeders hung and sometimes only filled them every other day.

Hoping your day is a restful one. Stay safe.

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
Good morning from central Arizona.

Roxie has made it clear that she can make the advances but that I  cannot yet. I am glad that she feels comfortable with me around as long as she controls the distance.

Delicious leftovers for breakfast and also planned for lunch. I will drive home this afternoon. DH headed home early this morning  to feed the cats.

·
Registered
22,056 Posts
Good morning.

We're in for a rainy day with an expected high of 45. Looks like we'll be having close to wintry temps this week.

II lugged all the tubs of Christmas decorations down from the loft in the shop last week. So I started decorating the house Friday and did some more yesterday. Also got the Santas my mother painted displayed yesterday. A long way to go, but I am determined the house will look festive this year. Not sure I'll get much done today. Don't really have a desire to traipse out to the shop in the rain.

Hope you have a peaceful Sunday. Stay safe.

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
Good morning. It is 53 and sunny in Victoria this morning after several rainy days. We were supposed to head home yesterday but decided to try for better weather today. We are leaving the trailer since we will have go come back for my car in December. My brother says one of the injectors is leaking. So he is going to see where he can get them for the best price. Apparently you don't really replace just one - because they will fire differently - so I need 8 of them!
Take care and stay safe.

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
Good morning from southern Arizona. We finally turned the heat on yesterday as we have had multiple nights in a row below freezing. DH was up to three blankets and a snuggle sack, in addition to his thermal underwear. As for me, I had just stopped turning on the overhead fan and was no longer throwing off my single blanket.  ;) :D ;D

More sewing for me as well as sanding, filling,and painting what DH did on the loft bed yesterday. Today he starts on the steps and the slide.

I hope your day is wonderful.  Stay safe.  Be excellent to each other.

·
Registered
22,056 Posts
Good morning.

Anna, the temperature extremes between spouses sounds like ours, only in reverse.

It was 32 when I got up this morning. The thermostat was definitely raised once I arose.

We had to get out this morning to take II's car in for service this morning. He has a tire with a slow leak. Hopefully it can be patched. Once upon a time he would have just taken the tire to the shop. He has decided it is now worth paying to have all of the work done. Later this morning he goes to the dentist to get the permanent crown put in. He's counting on it fitting tighter than the temporary one.

More Christmas decorating on the agenda for this afternoon. We really have too much, but I haven't found anything that I am willing to get rid of yet.

Hope your week is off to a good start. Stay safe.

34241 - 34260 of 34585 Posts