Kindle Forum banner

34561 - 34580 of 34750 Posts

·
Registered
20,089 Posts
Our super puts the rent bill under the door. Since April, they have enclosed a note saying it will be due on the 15th instead of the 1st due to Covid. Got the new one Friday and the note says due on the 8th and that this will be the last note and it will be due on the 1st of April. They have also asked us not to mail it but to give it to the super, who lives next door. At first they said we could either mail it or give to super and then asked us to give to super and don't mail it.
We no longer have a super living in the building, so we have no choice but to mail it. what's confusing me is that they're claiming i owe them a month. i can't get my bank to let me set up an online account, so i have no way to check if/when they cashed my last check.

·
Registered
22,087 Posts
Good morning.

44 degrees heading to 53 with cloudy skies for most of the day. Thunderstorms rumbled through yesterday evening dropping another 1/2 inch of rain on top of the 1/2 inch received earlier in the day. The ground is so saturated there are still some sizable puddles in the yard. At least it isn't snow again.

Going to try to sort through some things in the kitchen today while II sleeps. He said this morning he is glad he doesn't have to work 5 days a week. He is feeling tired after two in a row with one more to go before he does have 5 days off. I'll do my best to keep him busy for part of those days.

Restaurants here can now function at 100% capacity. The news states some immediately went to that, but a lot of them are still following what became guidelines instead of a mandate. Either way, we think we will wait a little longer before we eat in. Masks are still required at least through March 31.

Hope your week is off to a good start. Stay safe.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Analog, thanks for reporting back about your reaction to your vaccine. We will be getting our second in 2 weeks, and I have to admit, I am nervous of the reaction, even though I have never reacted to any vaccine before. We will just take it as it comes and be very relieved when it is over. Our children and spouses are medical providers and are already vaccinated, so it will finally give us a chance to visit together.

The good news is that the sun is shining in the PNW. Yesterday it was almost 50 degrees! That got everyone outside for yard cleanup. We blew off the patio and trimmed the roses. We put some dead potted plants in the waste bin, which will be collected tomorrow. The grass needs some tending too since year old puppy has decided digging is fun, so we spread some soil with seeds. I am sure she will find some new places to enjoy digging. Aaarrgh!

Weather prediction today is for 56 degrees and sunny skies. We have not seen this in months, though our weather has been much more mild than other parts of the country. I am expecting DH will want to go down to the marina today and visit the hotdog truck!

Hope all are well! It is surprising what a bit of sunshine will do for my soul! Being born and raised in southern California, I guess I am just not ever going to be acclimated to clouds and rain in the winter, though I sure do enjoy our clear skies when it is sunny. Jane

·
Registered
20,089 Posts
weird dreams are weird enough, but dreaming that i've called a friend to discuss them is even weirder.

reading LL's post made me realize that i have little desire to sit in a restaurant and eat. which kind of made me feel bad for the serving staff at restaurants (NY has reopened dine-in at 50 percent, i think). but honestly, the only times in 2018/2019 that i ate out was when i was visiting with friends, so until my friends and i are comfortable being together, i'll just keep doing take out.

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
Happy Monday!
It has been around 53 and wet all day. I am at my mom's and we just got back from her appointment in Victoria. The Equinox that I rented is all-wheel drive, so it was pretty easy to handle in the rain. I head back home tomorrow. I hope my brother gets my car fixed soon - I am ready to have it back.
Take care. Stay safe.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
I was going to return to swimming this week, but the sign-up on the website for reserving a lane is cruel and insane. You have to wait until 48 hours before the time you want. I tried for 3pm on Wednesday. It won't reserve when you go on at 2:59. Then when I went on it at 3, there were no lanes, all taken. It think it's as bad as the vaccine appointment sign-ups. So you would go through this every single time you try for a lane. No, thanks. I just froze my membership for March. But this is going to be going on into more months, unfortunately.

I also tried for 3:30pm Wednesday. Had to wait until 3:30 and the same thing happened. I don't have contact information of other swimmers I knew when I was swimming there, but I am curious about how anyone is handling this other than to wait until they open up to full capacity. It could be several months.

I haven't eaten out either.

·
Registered
20,089 Posts
i had planned on working until 6 am this morning and then staying up a bit and going out and do laundry.
well, listening to the wind howl all night and realizing that our temps would not be going above freezing today, i just going to go to sleep....

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
Happy Texas Independence Day! It is 50 and sunny here. I am getting things packed up to head home. I need to see how late I can return the rental tomorrow - I have to go to the office and I wasn't planning on that when I scheduled the vehicle... But it looks like a nice day for a drive.
Stay safe everybody.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Good morning from southern Arizona.

My advice in reference to COVID-19 vaccinations: Drink plenty of water for the day before, the day of, and the day after your vaccination. Hydration is your friend! When I forgot, the headache would come back and go away when I was hydrated again. Try to give yourself the opportunity to take it easy for the day or two after the vaccination. Your body is busy becoming an antibody factory. That is enough for it to focus on. 😉

My sister in California was able to get her first vaccine! She will have some protection before she needs to be back at school in person. ❤

I have autoimmune issues and DH doesn't. His reactions were limited to muscle aches and getting tired more easily. However, yesterday he was outside digging ditches to put in new water lines for the garden! As I was the first, and oldest, of my sisters to get the vaccine, and as we all have various autoimmune issues, I sent regular detailed updates to them. This is a shorter version. The times are post injection.

22 hours: Arrived home to cold weather. Wore a sweater in the house while attending a 3 hour origami Zoom meeting during which some fatigue set in.

25 hours: Went to bed and fell asleep quickly.

30 hours: Woke up overheated with slight fever. Lymph node under arm swollen and tender on arm that had injection. Got up, cooled off, went back to sleep.

36 hours: Fever gone but headache back. Got up, drank water, went back to sleep.

Monday (injection was Saturday afternoon): Muscle and joint aches not bad. Headache gone. Underarm lymph node sore. Slightly fatigued. Felt good, just no motivation to do anything active. Did some organization in craft room and saw DH digging trenches outside. 😆

This morning: Feel back to normal except for lymph node which is much better than yesterday. I will be driving to town to pick up prescriptions.

I hope your day is wonderful. Stay safe and healthy. Be excellent to each other and also to yourself.

·
Registered
9,615 Posts
Good morning! My apartment lets you pay by credit card online for a fee. I have a Citi card that earns “reward points” that about equal the fee, that way I don’t have to worry about passing little slips of paper around, I started it during the first lockdown last year and have found I prefer doing it that way. Nothing really going on here. Sunday I went out and photographed birds at a lake here in one of our city parks, and that has been maximum excitement.

Reactions: Annalog

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
Good morning. 39 in Austin, and I saw the sun coming up as I was pulling into the parking lot at the office.
We are probably going to curtail our activity even more in the next few weeks, since Texas is lifting most of its covid restrictions - just in time for Spring Break... I don't have words (that I can write in public). We will continue to wear our masks and stay away from other people.
I really wish Texas lawmakers were not in the spotlight so much. They are making the entire state look bad.
Take care. Stay safe.

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
Good morning. We are going to climb to 60 degrees today! I think I will sit on the deck this afternoon with my Kindle just to breathe in fresh air. The remaining snow should be completely gone today or tomorrow.

Andra, I know just how you feel. Iowa has done the same thing (not that our government did much mitigation the whole time), it's discouraging when progress has been made to risk blowing things up again before enough people get vaccinated. We will also maintain masking, social distancing, and avoiding gatherings for the forseeable future. Sigh ...

Everyone stay safe and be well.

·
Registered
22,087 Posts
Good morning.

It will be sunny here today. I will be very glad the sunglasses I purchased are here when we leave the house shortly to drop my car off for an oil change. Never dreamed we'd only have around 10,500 miles on the car after owning it for 22 months.

We will continue to do the same as Andra and Crebel when it comes to mask wearing, social distancing, and restricting contact with other people. Just don't understand why the politicians can't hang onto the restrictions for another couple of months or so. I'm sure when our mask mandate ends at the end of this month, there will be a whole lot more people not wearing masks out and about.

Not sure what we'll get up to after dropping the car off, but I am sure we can find something to keep ourselves occupied.

Hope your day goes well. Stay safe.

·
Registered
20,089 Posts
it's 50ish here, so i'm going to put on my outside clothes and go for a walk, i don't really NEED anything, and don't really want to spend money, but i am feeling a little cabin fever and just want to walk. i'll take my plastic bag with me in case i do hit the grocery store. or maybe a bakery run....

apple turnovers sound good?

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Good morning from southern Arizona.

DH and I will continue to do as Andra, Crebel, LL, and others with good sense. I will be sewing some new masks today. I saw a YouTube video by ShannieMakes for Talking Bird Mask with Free PDF Pattern. It looks as if I can modify it very slightly to include the nonwoven layer, nose wire, and adjustable loop style that we prefer. I will post how these turn out.

I hope your day is wonderful. Stay safe and healthy. Be excellent to each other and also to yourself.

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
Good morning. 70 and sunny here right now.
I don't know why it surprised me, but since I work for a state agency and our governor just rescinded all the covid mandates, they are going to be changing things at our office also. sigh...
Take care. Stay safe.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
At 5:00 AM it is 25 degrees F. here in New York. It was 36 when I went out about 8pm to get a few necessities at D'Agostino on 10th Ave. It was a very short walk and didn't seem that cold. I had two masks on and wore the lighter of my two winter coats. I have a thinsulate parka and a down long coat.

Been hearing the wind howling all night.

I must get to bed, but I have on a video that 4k Wanderer made yesterday at Harbourfront in Toronto at sunset that is beautiful.

·
Registered
22,087 Posts
Good morning.

47 degrees heading to 54 or so. A possibility of a shower or two this morning, then just cloudy skies. Yesterday was really pleasant with a high in the upper 60s.

I went grocery shopping at Kroger yesterday. Decided it was time to do my own shopping as I hadn't gone in the store since sometime in January. Not busy at all. I was a little surprised at how empty the paper goods aisles were. I hadn't seen them that depleted in quite some time. The only thing I really needed that I couldn't get was Worcestershire sauce. Didn't expect to find that slot on the shelf completely empty. I did enjoy wandering about a bit instead of just powering through to get the items on my list. But, I'm not sure I will ever go back to weekly trips. Some of the smaller stores will still get most of my in person visits.

Laundry to be done today. Not sure what else I might tackle.

Plan something to make the weekend slightly different from all the other days. Stay safe.

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
Good morning. Our weather continues to drop below freezing overnight but reaching 40s/50s during the day with a couple of low 60s thrown in which really does wonders for people's spirits after a long winter. Next week we may get a day in the 70s! I was overly optimistic about snow on the ground disappearing completely this week, but more and more of the yard is visible every day. :)

Isn't it weird which grocery items continue to be sparse in different places? Here, Worcestershire sauce is available, but we have gone months without any kind of bullion cubes anywhere. Laundry detergent has always been available (maybe not the size and brand you want, but you haven't had to be without), but bleach and bathroom cleaning products are still scarce and when available, limited to 1 or 2. Only specific chicken pieces - breast and legs, but no thighs or livers. Plain frozen fish filets, but no prepared (like Gortons) frozen fish. The specialty Campbells soups you use in casseroles and not available in generic brands - forget about it. Our paper products no longer seem to be in short supply, but the price increases - HOLY COW. I think we were more spoiled in the beforetimes than we realized.

Vaccine availability is supposed to open for our age group in Iowa next week, so I am more hopeful about being able to get signed up or at least on a waiting list than I have been!

Everyone stay safe and be well.

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
Happy Friday! It is already 64 and sunny here. Our high should be 78. It is nice to go outside and stand in the sun. But it does make it more interesting to regulate the temperature in the house.
I agree with the prices on paper goods. I think I paid over $12 for a 12-pack of tp. Granted, that was at Target and they tend to run a little high on some things, but over $1 a roll seems crazy.
Bottled water is still in short supply here, but most other items are stocked.
Have a great day.
Stay safe.

34561 - 34580 of 34750 Posts