Kindle Forum banner

34581 - 34600 of 34750 Posts

·
Registered
20,095 Posts
it's another howling wind day here and temps in the high 30s. i've been a little down the past couple of days and am trying to not get annoyed at work, so i've just been staying in bed. but now i'm going to watch Queen Latifah beat up some people.

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
it's another howling wind day here and temps in the high 30s. i've been a little down the past couple of days and am trying to not get annoyed at work, so i've just been staying in bed. but now i'm going to watch Queen Latifah beat up some people.
😁

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
I had more sleep issues the past two days. I was planning to take my tax documents to the Fedex store to photocopy. Some of them are PDFs I took from my financial services website and put on a thumb drive, and I need to take it to FedEx and have them print them out for me, so I can send all of this to a CPA who has been doing my taxes for a few years. I got up too late to go over there on Friday. I could have rushed, but I had a leisurely meal and then it was about an hour 15 minutes before they were closing. They close two hours earlier on the weekend, so I will do this on Monday.

Although I went to bed very late, I was sleepy only until I went to bed. Ugh. I got up now and then after being awake over an hour and I did not fall asleep until about noon. Woke up at 4 and soon went back to sleep until 6.

It's 30 degrees F. at 11pm. My weather app has sunshine for the next five days. Tuesday week it is forecast to get up to 67. Sunday and Monday, low 40s to 30s and 20s.

·
Registered
22,088 Posts
Good morning.

Mostly sunny skies in today's forecast with a high of 65.

Yesterday was a lazy day after spending Friday doing housework. Not sure yet what I might tackle today. II works the next two nights so whatever I do or don't do will be up to me.

Hope you have a peaceful Sunday. Stay safe.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Good morning from southern Arizona.

DH and I drove to our daughter's house Friday to finish the backyard plumbing and start moving the raised bed garden. By the noon on Saturday, only one tiny leak was left to fix, the new garden layout was decided, and the 5 year old dwarf orange tree was pruned for the first time. Our daughter hopes to submit the paperwork this week to her HOA for the preferred location for the backyard studio along the side wall. If that isn't accepted, the next option will be with the proposed structure rotated 90° to be along the back wall. That option will require moving large bushes. Serious yard work, especially leveling the yard, won't take place until she gets HOA approval. We will head up for another Friday/Saturday trip later this week. My goal is half of the raised bed moved and my asparagus transplanted. Now that we are fully vaccinated, we are planning weekly trips. After so many delays, our move will probably occur this year. 🐢🐢

Today I plan to be sewing, organizing, and working in the garden.

I hope your day is wonderful. Stay safe and healthy. Be excellent to each other and also to yourself.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
It's Sunday night and I found the KB icon on my homepage so here I am. Got my first COVID shot a week ago, with the next in 3 more weeks. I feel a bit more protected and looked at it as being halfway to visit my good friend on Orcas Island in the San Juan Islands NW of Seattle!

In the sleep department, a friend of mine sent me a weighted blanket. Anybody use them? It's actually quite comforting and I wake up not wanting to get out of bed (which isn't new, really).

DH is in the living room watching the Oprah interview. Not me! Finding it hard to believe that Meghan actually says she knew nothing about the Royal Family and what would be expected of her. Wow.

Have a lovely Monday, folks! Hope Queen Latifah helped satisfy your urges, telracs!!

·
Registered
20,095 Posts
i got text from a friend about the Oprah interview. i have absolutely no interest in any of it. i think harry wanted to break with the family a long time ago and this is just him being him. i never understood how he and Meghan met and married and who she really is.

thanks Spotsmom, the new Equalizer show got me a bit out of my funk, but work is still annoying.

and i've learned that watching food network show when you're hungry is not a great idea.

·
Registered
22,088 Posts
Good morning.

Looks like a lovely day in store for celebrating my 70th birthday. (Really? I'm really that old?)Of course, no real celebration planned as II will be sleeping most of the day and working tonight. We'll bring supper home tomorrow night from a restaurant of some sort that will probably include dessert in celebration. I still have no desire to eat inside any place. I will also probably go someplace and get me some lunch today. Any excuse to not cook or dirty dishes, you know. We're also pretty low key about birthdays. We use it as an excuse to eat at a little nicer place, but that is about all we do.

Otherwise, I will be taking it easy and staying quiet.

Glad to hear others are making progress on the vaccine front. Our numbers continue to decline, but I'm afraid part of that is due to a large decline in people getting tested.

Hope your week is off to a good start. Stay safe.

I

·
Registered
6,197 Posts
Happy birthday LL! I hope you have a wonderful day and a yummy dessert!

Good morning. We are up to 53 degrees with bright sunshine. Our high should be in the low 70s. It looks like we have rain coming in for the weekend.
My brother took my car back with him this weekend. I don't know when he will get a chance to work on it, but I hope it's soon. It needs to be inspected and registered this month - and he can't do the inspection since his county does not do the emissions test... I am ready to have my car back. But my side of the garage has turned into a catch-all storage area. That needs to be fixed before I get the car back home.
Take care. Stay safe.

·
Registered
20,095 Posts
happy birthday LL.

i can't seem to get myself going again. it's still a little chilly here, but should be warmer tomorrow and i'm hoping to do a chinese food and grocery run.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
I hope that your birthday was a happy one with a yummy meal and dessert!

I finally got around to cutting down last years dead fronds from the asparagus beds. Three stalks had already sprouted this year with the two largest ones consumed by local wildlife. I now need to research if it can be moved when it isn't dormant.

Stay safe and healthy. Be excellent to each other and also to yourself.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
Happy Birthday LL, a little late!!!

I made it to the Fedex store to do printing, copying and sending my tax papers to CPA. I had to wait until last week to receive one of the necessary documents. I was relieved to get that done. From there I walked to Target on Broadway. The Target stores in Manhattan are small. This one has two levels for shopping and both are below street level.

Later I played flute (after three days of not playing). The flute on its stand fell over onto the rug. It seems OK, but I'm ready to have a clean, oil & adjust (COA) anyway.

Hope everyone stays well!

·
Registered
20,095 Posts
good morning... or actually good night as i'm heading off to bed.
a bit irked at a couple of things.
1. if there's a whole long set of things to be done, why don't people do them in chronological order to make life simpler for everyone else?
2. why the frick won't my Buffalo Wild Wings order go through!
3. why am i getting this black women business ad that is blocking my ability to hit post!

okay, it's gone....

okay, i'm going to sleep for a bit and then hopefully when i get up i will be able to order my wings. or else i'll just go to the mall and order in person and maybe go to bath and bodyworks while waiting for my wings.

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
Good morning. A belated most Happy Birthday, LL!!

DH and I are finally on a list for the vaccine. It may be a month or more before either of our names come up, but officially being on a waiting list is progress.

Telracs, I had that same add on my screen a couple of days ago and I couldn't find a way to make it go away either. I do not have much in the way of ad block on my laptop and it can be irritating. There is a lot of screen real estate taken up with ads in this new site set-up. It's one of the reasons I don't spend as much time here.

Everyone stay safe and be well.

·
Registered
22,088 Posts
Good morning.

Our high today is to be 72 and it will get a little warmer later in the week. And overnight lows are to be in the 60s.

Thanks for the birthday greetings. I did venture out to Kohls and Target yesterday. It was the first time I had been to Kohls in over a year. Enjoyed just wandering about a bit. Not busy at all; I'm not sure how they are keeping the doors open.

II's relief this morning was going to be late so I'm sitting here waiting for him to let me know he is on his way home. He'll eat a bite of breakfast, then probably sleep for a few hours. He doesn't work again until Saturday.

Additional groups are now eligible for the vaccine in Arkansas, partly due to lack of demand from those already eligible. I interpret that to mean a lot of people are declining to be vaccinated.

Have a pleasant day. Stay safe.

·
Registered
6,197 Posts
Good morning. We are up to 60 here and it was pretty foggy once I crossed the river coming south. I am at the office today trying to get 2021 Inventory finished. I have more finished than not, but some folks just can't follow directions and their managers don't enforce stuff - very frustrating. This is the 5th year I have to do the Inventory and it's the same folks every year who can't get their stuff done (OK - rant over). I just had to send out polite emails reminding people and I had to rewrite them multiple times to get it to sound not snarky.
We are also gearing up for the next Commission Meeting the week of the 22nd.
I had my echocardiogram yesterday and I have the follow-up with the cardiologist tomorrow afternoon. I didn't know that my heart sounded squishy - I hope that is normal.
Take care. Stay safe.

·
Registered
20,095 Posts
well, i was finally able to order my wings, so i'll be heading out around 3 PM to take a nice walk to first/last stop of the train to take it to the mall.
if i'm early to pick up my order, i'm going to stop at bath and body works for hand sanitizers.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
You crack me up, telracs! I also had zero interest in watching a woman in a $5000 dress talk to a multi billionaire about her perceived wrongs. I also am irked with an ad blocking part of this screen so I can't see it all.

Still cold here, in the 40's. Actually snowed some last night. I'm hoping for warmer weather!

·
Registered
20,095 Posts
You crack me up, telracs! I also had zero interest in watching a woman in a $5000 dress talk to a multi billionaire about her perceived wrongs. I also am irked with an ad blocking part of this screen so I can't see it all.

Still cold here, in the 40's. Actually snowed some last night. I'm hoping for warmer weather!
this may be blasphemous, but i never got the whole Oprah thing.... i never watched her show (but then again, i never watched any of the audience participation talk shows that started with Phil Donahue).
i'm sure she's a lovely person and has done a lot of good for a lot of people, but sorry, not interested.

and i have never been a big "royal" watcher, so had no clue who Harry was dating or that he was engaged and still have no real clue who Meghan is, expect that it seems she was Harry's way of rebelling against his family.

the weather here was nice today, so i had a nice walk to the train, but it took longer than i expected, and the train sat at the first stop for a long time, so my thought of going to Target went out the window, but i did go to Bath and Body Works and got a couple of candles, since i'm kind of tired of the apple spice one in the living room. it was odd to see snow still on the ground in places, i kind of figured it would have melted.
Buffalo Wild Wings was a zoo. they only had one girl working the take out counter and she was definitely overwhelmed. and i'm sure i annoyed people because i kind of cut the line and just asked for my stuff because i knew it had to be ready already.
the train ride home was more crowded than i expected, i ended up standing the whole way. but i took the express and then took a nice walk home, stopping along the way in a park to eat my fried pickles.

well, there's actually a bunch of work tonight, so i'm heading back to work....

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
I overslept until about 4:30 and missed the beautiful day. Guess I could have gone out in the evening. I started out using the exercise bike.

34581 - 34600 of 34750 Posts