Kindle Forum banner

34701 - 34713 of 34713 Posts

·
Registered
9,259 Posts
Good morning. April showers will be the theme of the rest of the week, the farmers are happy.

Spotsmom, I thought politics might be what you were questioning! In keeping with the longstanding KB policy of avoiding political discussion, I will just say our state motto of "Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain" is, IMO, under siege by our current legislature (see crazy politicians as one of the options in my prior post). Who knew that meant maintaining rights of a only a very specific sub-group?? Now I've probably said too much. :censored:

Everyone stay safe, be well.

·
Registered
20,053 Posts
afternoon....

after waiting a 1/2 hour at the lab yesterday, they couldn't find me in the system and ended up leaving without getting the test done.
couldn't decide where i wanted to shop, so i just started walking, eventually ending up at a grocery store that i rarely go to. good part was that they had fresh made sushi, so i got a sweet potato roll, an avocado roll and a veggie roll.

finally had a meeting with my supervisor about my "extra" work, so that's finally settled and i can get up to working full time.

now i have to try and figure out how i'm going to schedule my work/life balance.

today after the meeting, i took another nice walk, sat in the park for a while then hit the bakery.
* passes apple turnovers, cheese danish and chocolate pound cake *

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Telracs, thanks for virtual goodies.

Been wasting time this sunny afternoon. Going to head out, maybe to Central Park, but I'm not going to walk far like I did on Monday. It will get dark in about 2 hours.

·
Registered
20,053 Posts
i made sure that i put on my "outside" clothes before taking my meeting so that i would make sure i'd go out today.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Good afternoon. I have had a crazy week.
We have been in Victoria with the family since DH's aunt and uncle are visiting. I guess the last time we saw them was in 2017, so it's been nice to visit.
I did taxes for my mom and MIL. Both of those were harder than they should have been.
I took my mom for her covid shot yesterday. The local pharmacy had a sign out that they were doing them. She called Monday and got a Tuesday afternoon appointment. It was the J&J one. She was fine yesterday. She was running a little fever today and was kind of tired.
This morning was an early trip to the cardiologist for her. Then we met everybody else for lunch.
I am reading like a maniac to finish re-reading the St Cyr mysteries since book 16 came out on Tuesday. I just started book 14.
Glad to hear you are all mostly doing well. Take care. Stay safe.

·
Registered
22,081 Posts
Good morning.

Sunny skies forecast for today after thunderstorms yesterday. Our high should be around 76.

We were going to try eating out yesterday at someplace with a patio but the rain made us change our minds about that. We'll try another time.

We're making plans for a trip to see our friends in Georgia in the fall. Nice to have something to look forward to.

I bought new blinds for the bedroom so hopefully they'll get hung today. Doing that will also make me do a little deeper cleaning, at least under the windows.

Hope your Thursday is a good one. Stay safe.

·
Registered
20,053 Posts
i had planned to get up around noon and go for a walk, but when the alarm went off i wasn't feeling it, so i slept a bit more, then i got my kindle and read in bed for a while. finally went out around 6 PM, doing about a mile and picking up sicilian pizza and garlic sticks on the way home.

i'm planning to start working around 8 PM and with the "other" work, i can maybe be nice to other people and leave them some data entry so they stop complaining i'm doing too many batches

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
I haven't been out. Used the bike and called laundromat to pick up my laundry. Simple life. We will probably have rain tomorrow. Over the weekend there is a virtual flute fair for the New York Flute Club. I think most of the flute clubs around the country are doing their virtual fairs this weekend. My friend from PA emailed me today about the Seattle fair on the same days. Registration was free, so I plan to see one of their events on Sunday afternoon. The NY one is only free for members with a fee for everyone else.

When the NY Flute Club holds in-person fairs, they charge everyone. I registered last year but didn't go. It was about $25 for seniors. It was on February 29th and I was already feeling very covid-conscious after having been on the subway on the 28th. The fairs have a lot of people in one place. I was still swimming then, however, until they closed the clubs on March 16th.

·
Registered
20,053 Posts
it's cloudy here now, but i am going to eat my cheese danish and then go for at least a 10 minute walk so that i can keep my streak going.

i keep telling myself i want to walk to the water, but then i think about the hill on the way back and balk....

·
Registered
9,259 Posts
Good morning. It's raining, it's been raining, it will continue raining all day. I have the distinct impression that productivity will not be high and my inner sloth will rise to the occasion. 😊

MIL made it home safe and sound on Thursday. I actually drove a car Thursday afternoon for the first time since October 2019, just so I could get to the grocery store and restock her kitchen so she didn't have to worry about it for a few days. The store is not far and my bad eye was cooperating very well. I'm not about to jump back into long or highway driving, but it felt quite liberating to have an outing on my own time frame.

Stay safe, be well.

·
Registered
22,081 Posts
Good morning.

A thunderstorm rumbled through in the wee hours of the morning. Not sure how much rain actually fell. The original forecast for yesterday was rain beginning shortly after noon. But when that changed to later in the day, I hit high gear and mowed the yard. Sure felt good to get it done instead of waiting another couple of days for the yard to dry out after the rain.

The boss forgot to schedule someone to work last night so II agreed to do it. He was ready to hit the sack this morning since he didn't sleep any extra yesterday. He is scheduled for tonight, off tomorrow, then works Monday and Tuesday. A couple of concerts have been scheduled for early 2022 and they are hoping to add a couple of more shows for the fall besides those that were postponed from earlier this year. It also looks like a group will be using the arena for rehearsals next month. Guess I'm going to have to make a decision about going back shortly. Apparently the announcement the arena was hiring drew a large number of applications.

Finishing the laundry and some food prep on my agenda while II sleeps. Otherwise, it will be pretty quiet around here for the next few days.

Enjoy the weekend. Stay safe.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Good morning. It's a nippy 56 in Austin this morning. I have just gotten home from a haircut, and I have an appointment to get the Camaro inspected at 2pm.
I am not sure if it's totally fixed; we have too much junk on my side of the garage to pull the car in. I am a little scared to test it. I don't want to argue about trading it in earlier than I want...
Only other weekend plans include laundry.
Take care. Stay safe.

·
Registered
20,053 Posts
i was supposed to have a phone call with a friend this evening at 6 PM my time, but he had to reschedule, so instead i went for a walk. That makes 5 days in a row. my goal today was to take pictures of a couple of catholic churches in my area to play "name that church" with a friend of mine.
tomorrow it is going to rain all day, so i'm planning on staying in, and maybe doing a couple of hours of work to get some overtime.

34701 - 34713 of 34713 Posts