Kindle Forum banner

34761 - 34780 of 34821 Posts

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
I used the exercise bike for first time in a week. I'd told the doctor that it was starting to hurt my left knee and he suggested raising the seat. I think that helped. I didn't do to much. Total of 21 minutes.

My brother got his friend home at 3pm after she had knee replacement today. She was told that pain would set in tomorrow.

Yesterday it got up to 73 degrees and now, after some storms, it is 45 degrees. I haven't been out. I did make a trip downstairs with the garbage. I heard that there was some hail. I just heard one thunderstorm.

·
Registered
20,203 Posts
it was deceptive today, mlewis. it looked nice when i decided to go out, but in fact it was cloudy and windy and cold.

hopefully going to see my sister tomorrow. she has a pre-op appointment near me tomorrow. i think i'll go to TJ and katz's again after seeing her, even if she doesn't want to go.

·
Registered
9,632 Posts
Good evening from Moab, Utah, my road trip continues and I’m now at my final dest which will hopefully keep me entertained for five nights! Then I will head home, a two day drive.

Reactions: mlewis78

·
Registered
22,097 Posts
Good morning.

We could get a couple of inches of rain over the next 12-15 hours, but it hasn't started raining yet. Thunderstorms possible this afternoon and early in the morning. Won't complain if it stays to the south of us.

Had a blood pressure recheck appointment yesterday. She upped the dosage on the medicine. It had been down quite a bit on my daily checks, but of course was a little higher in the office. We'll see how it goes.

We did a little shopping yesterday at Target and TSC, followed up by seeing what shops were still open in the downtown area of our county seat (Benton). Then stopped at the Farmer's Market which is open from 4-7 on Tuesday and Thursdays again this year. I think I'll be more successful at shopping there with those hours than I did getting there early in the morning.

This cat is a bit of a thief/packrat, carrying off a variety of items. Last night was one of the most surprising though. I bought a flat of strawberries and, while I was fixing them for freezing, she managed to steal one and carry it to the bedroom. At least she had just left it on the floor and hadn't stuffed it under something. Also, I found it before one of us stepped on it.

Hope you have plans for something over the weekend. Stay safe.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Happy Friday. We have a gloomy, dreary day here. Temps are in the 60s, it is drippy, and there is no sun. I put the car in the garage in case we get any severe weather this afternoon.
Nothing else to report from here.
Take care. Stay safe.

·
Registered
20,203 Posts
it's nice out today, and i needed TP, so i took a walk to the grocery store.
on my way out, i checked, and my latest sugarfina order came, so i also checked my mailbox and i had a greeting card (thanks crebel), so i took my stuff upstair then went out and got my TP, a spinach miso salad mix, some crackers, chocolate oat milk and tropicana caribbean sunset juice.

·
Registered
20,203 Posts
nice weather again today, but i was feeling a bit under the weather and didn't really want to go out, but i want to keep my streak going, so i ordered from one of the italian places. had to put in the order for an hour later than i was ordering, so i went for a walk to the park and read a bit then picked up my chicken rice soup, fried zucchini and garlic bread. i really like this chicken rice soup, and the garlic bread is good, but the zucchini got a bit soggy.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Good morning. It is a nippy 55 here right now. But the sun is already peeking over the houses. Looks like it will be a pretty day.
I have a little housework on my list today and I need to do some sort of resistance workout. I have gotten pretty consistent about at least 30 minutes of cardio six days a week, but my efforts to add a day of resistance are not going as well.
There is a new tea store in Cedar Park called HTeaO. They sell tea that is already made and some tea bags. It is pretty much iced teas. Yesterday I got a citrus black that was pretty yummy. I need something for the days I have to drive to office so I can avoid McDonald's and a coke.
Have an excellent day.
Stay safe.

·
Registered
22,097 Posts
Good morning.

Our forecast high for the day is 76 with multiple days in the coming week to be in the 80s. Guess that 2 1/4 inches of rain that fell Friday into Saturday will be dried up quickly.

II said he was really tired after working last night so he headed to bed immediately after breakfast. He is off tonight, then scheduled for Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday he'll have to split his sleeping time as we have dental appointments in the middle of the day.

Still trying to decide if I'm going back to work. Event staff did receive an email this week about when events are scheduled and inquiring who will be coming back to work. A major rebuild of Interstate 30 (including the river bridge) in the area does not make it any easier to make a decision. Parking for the arena plus traffic clearing out after an event will definitely be affected.

Some laundry and seeing that we are fed are the only things on my agenda today.

Have a peaceful Sunday. Stay safe.

·
Registered
20,203 Posts
we had rain overnight, but it had stopped by the time i left the apartment to take a long walk to the train to meet my sister who was taking the long island railroad back from my niece.
we met outside whole foods, did a bit of shopping there (i'm more a Trader Joe fan), then we went upstairs and hit the vegan burger place. they have added "chicken" dishes, so i got hunny hickory tenders which came with french fries and cole slaw. i also got a mud pie soy shake.

the tenders are yummy, sweet and a little tangy, but i think they give too much in the way of french fries.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
I got a hair cut on Friday, the first since early January. From there I went to Whole Foods for spinach, frozen salmon and boneless chicken breasts. Thought maybe I should get back to eating that stuff. Been losing some weight. As of Friday I am down 14 pounds. I had gained 27 over the past year, so I need to lose more. My knees feel comparably better since I had the cortisone shots last Tuesday. I know it won't last, but it should be good for a few months.

My brother Stan had his 74th birthday Saturday in Georgia.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Happy Monday! We are up to 77 this afternoon and I can see the sun through the windows on the other side of the building.
I think I did slightly better with my Sunday-getting-ready-for-going-to-office-on-Monday routine, but it still needs a little work. The hardest part is actually turning the lights off early and going to sleep. I guess I should not start new books on Sunday...
Nothing else going on here this week.
Stay safe.

·
Registered
20,203 Posts
i was going to get up REALLLLLY early and go do laundry, but i've got a sniffly/runny nose and just wasn't feeling it. but, i had a package that needed to go to Iowa, so i finally got my act together, walked to the UPS store, then stopped at the bakery and grocery store.

apple turnovers for everybody! and cute little cranberry walnut rolls.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
Good evening. Gorgeous weather here today if a little breezy, still at 84 degrees right now.

DH took me to the grocery store this afternoon. Healthiest total cart of food we've ever bought at one time, I think :D. He started back on Weight Watchers and since I'm doing most of the food prep and cooking, I might as well follow along. My biggest problem is getting rid of sugar in my hot tea since that equals almost my entire point count for a day in the quantities I drink. A box of Splenda made it into the cart, it will take some getting used to, but it is doable.

DH has an evening meeting, and when he gets home we are going outside to see the super moon that is supposed to be out tonight.

Oh, and I got the wedding music by email today!!! I'm very excited to have it again.

Everyone stay safe, be well.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
My right knee is doing a repeat of what happened in November. It won't straighten, and I can only walk by dragging or sliding the other foot. If I move the other foot normally, it puts a lot of pressure and pain on my right knee. This started about 9:30 tonight. When this happened before, it was fine when I got up the next day. Hoping this will resolve itself for now.

I have an appointment Friday for knees PT.

This afternoon I used the bike 21 minutes and it was OK. Later I took a walk, just 1.6 mile. Got home and played flute for 30 minutes while standing (which is my usual way of doing it). After that I got on the floor to fix my back and that was when the knee locked. I had no trouble getting up, but walking was weird and painful. Whatever is happening with my knee, the cortisone shot is not affecting one way or the other (it has helped in other ways over the past week) and taking Nsaid for inflammation is also irrelevant to it. My left knee is very good right now.

I watched a few youtube videos about straightening the knee. One said that being able to straighten the knee is one of the challenges after surgery.

It was sunny but quite chilly Monday. Going into the 60s today and maybe 80 something on Wednesday. Monday morning it was only 43, so the heat came on. Later as the temp got into the 50s, it went off and was cold inside for me.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Good morning. It was damp and 68 when I drove in today. We are supposed to have rain this afternoon. That should make the drive home even more entertaining.

crebel - have you tried the "natural" sweeteners instead of Splenda? I've been trying various combinations of stevia and monkfruit. Stevia works better in some teas than others. I only drink black tea in the morning and then I switch to herbals for the rest of the day and I don't need sweetener for most of those. I think you drink WAY more actual tea than I do though. Good luck.

mlewis, sorry to hear about your knee. I hope it's better when you get up today.

I have a pouty puppy at home. She is not happy that I had to come to office today. When I have to come back full-time she is going to be a handful. I think she needs a cat :)

Hope your week is going well. Take care. Stay safe.

·
Registered
22,097 Posts
Good morning.

mlewis, hope your knee is better this morning.

We're to be in the 80s again today, but with cloudy skies. The possibility of thunderstorms in the forecast for tomorrow and Thursday. Clouds rolled in early enough last night to block viewing the full moon.

II's seasonal allergies have kicked in so he canceled his dental appointment for today. Bad thing is he couldn't reschedule until July. I'm keeping mine for today. At least he'll get more sleep today before working again tonight.

I'm sure I'll stop and get something for lunch on my way home from the dentist. Not sure if I'll make any other stops while I am out.

Andra, I'd agree with you on the cat. I'm so glad I adopted another one. II interacts with this one more than he ever did with previous ones.

Take care. Stay safe.

·
Registered
20,203 Posts
i went out last night around 10 to look at the big moon. i guess it would have been better if i'd gone out earlier when the moon was near the horizon, all i saw was a very bright moon, but nothing spectacular.

i planned to go out around 5 AM when nearing moonset, but when i looked out the window it was clouded over, so no go.

my sister had knee surgery this morning, and is staying overnight at the medical center. says she's feeling good.

i have a 4:30 on-line meeting, so am trying to decide if i want to walk before it, or order papa john after and walk for that.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Thanks Loonlover and Andra. My knee has been good today. Something about sleeping helps to make it relax, duh. I did not go out at all or even downstairs for mail. Hope to enjoy the warmth today (Wednesday) when the temp should be at least 80. It will also be nice to open windows and let the warm air in. It's been cold inside lately.

While I was getting ready for bed last night and moving a few items from living room to bedroom, I fell in the living room (I'd been hobbling with the cane and the pain). I hit the left knee, so that's tender now. It turned pink first. Just a light bruise on the kneecap. I'm just relieved that I didn't break anything. Right hand is a little tender below the thumb, but it's OK. I played flute for a little while in the evening.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Telracs, all the best to your sister. I realize she is a pro at knee replacement recovery.

34761 - 34780 of 34821 Posts