Kindle Forum banner

34781 - 34800 of 34821 Posts

·
Registered
20,203 Posts
thanks mlewis. i thought she was going home right after the surgery (she HATES staying in the hospital after surgery), but she opted for an overnight stay, so she'll be going home today. she's arranged for my nephew to get an uber and pick her up.

and please, be careful... i don't like hearing you fell.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
Good morning. Our weather remains above-average warm, which is lovely. Windows stayed open all day and night.

For about 2 weeks we have been having trouble with our house phone. I can call out just fine, but anyone who tries to call in gets an immediate "this number is unavailable" message. The phone never rings, doesn't show a missed called or a voice mail. Our cable company is the provider of the digital phone service and continues to give DH the runaround. Not too big a deal as we each have a cellphone and most anyone who would regularly call knows they can reach us that way.

Yesterday afternoon when DH was home for lunch we realized our 2nd vaccinations had not been scheduled (4 weeks was last Friday) and thought uh-oh, if the pharmacy has been trying to call they haven't been able to reach us! I called them and we will get our shots this afternoon, YAY! Hopefully it won't hit DH too hard as he has a pretty busy court schedule Thursday and Friday, but it was either today or not until the next Friday to wait for a weekend. 🤞 We're not going to worry too much about food today and tomorrow and just work on staying fully hydrated with Gatorade and coconut water. I'll also get a pot of chicken noodle soup going this morning.

Mlewis, glad you are getting along better with your knee and arm, but darn it on falling again! Thank goodness you didn't do any real damage this time.

Andra, I have tried various natural sweetners, but they don't count much differently than real sugar and for me at least, honey/agave/etc. add their own tastes to tea and change it in a way that is not as satisfying to me. I'm getting used to the Splenda in hot tea (a little aftertaste) and it doesn't have any count. I'm also cold brewing more tea and drinking it iced which I enjoy unsweetened. I'm weird, I know...

Too long a post this morning. Everyone stay safe, be well.

·
Registered
22,097 Posts
Good morning.

It will be a dreary day of cloudy skies today, but the rain (somewhere around an inch is predicted) isn't supposed to start until around 10 PM. The forecast is for a high in the 80s .

My trip to the dentist yesterday wasn't quite as smooth as I had planned. On the way down, a warning light came on. I went ahead and drove to the dentist's office, then looked up the meaning of that particular light. Once I read it, I decided I did not feel comfortable driving to the dealer, so I had it towed. Since II was working last night, I didn't want to awaken him early. I rode in the tow truck, then had the dealership give me a ride home. It may not be anything major, but when it mentioned possible harm to the catalytic converter if not checked out, I wasn't taking any chances. There has been a recall on some 2020 Souls, but our VIN# hasn't been listed, yet, at least. No telling how long before I hear something. We have been spoiled in recent years by not having to have vehicles in the shop for anything but routine maintenance.

II trying to get a few hours sleep this morning; doesn't work again until Saturday. I've always got some chore I can get done while he sleeps. Doesn't always mean I'll do it, though.

Hope your day goes well. Stay safe.

·
Registered
9,632 Posts
Good morning! I got home from my road trip with no issues. Arrived in the early evening last night to beat expected thunderstorms today. I’m back on my job today. I am glad Crebel is getting second shot, and hope the car and fall and hospital issues work out for everyone!

Reactions: mlewis78

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Good afternoon. We are at 82 right now with a front and possibly some bad weather blowing through tonight. If it looks like we may be in the path of any hail, the car will go in the garage overnight. I'll just open the door to air it out first thing tomorrow. I have to drive to office again tomorrow as we continue to test the setup of our Live Commission Meeting (except for letting people call in to make public comment). Sigh...
Good luck to all of you with second doses of vaccine. DH gets his tomorrow afternoon.

Crebel, I have started doing to cold brew for things I know I an going to ice anyway. And the blacks don't need as much sugar when brewed that way. I read something that said it's because the colder water doesn't make the tea as acidic maybe? Whatever the case, I'll take it. I am trying to get back to no sweeteners in the blacks.

Be careful mlewis - you don't need to be falling any more!
Glad you made it home Claw. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Take care. Stay safe.

·
Registered
20,203 Posts
afternoon. phone says it's 70 degrees out, but my apartment is chilly. or it might just be me, i'm always cold.

i had a long "day". had an on-line meeting at 4:30 PM to get trained in another daily task they want me to pick up. sometimes having people know you know how to do things means you end up getting more work. basically, i now have to review a daily report to make sure that patients that have prior cases are linked together. my boss said that the report was usually done around 3 AM, so that fit into my current schedule (i try to work 8 PM to 5 AM).

after my meeting i stayed on line and did a bit of my project work. logged out at 6:30, ordered from Papa John and hiked to pick up my wings and bread products (* passes more breadsticks to crebel *).

logged back into work around 8:30 and started my real work night. not a lot of new work, so i was doing on-going project work. when i checked with the night supervisor (the boss i refer to is her boss also), she told me the report was actually run between 5:30 and 6 AM. which means i can't end my day until almost 7 AM.

which is what happened, i ended up working until 7:15. had breakfast and hit the hay. i was planning on not going for my walk today, but i'm awake and it's sunny out and supposed to rain tomorrow, so i think i will take a little bit of time and get some air before starting my night again.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Thanks for your concern about my fall Monday night. I think it was because of the knee not functioning (wouldn't straighten) and not a balance issue. Pretty scary. I was fine again today and took a walk to Central Park, just from 59th Street to 67th Street. Walked back along Broadway. I thought it would be too late for Breads Bakery, because they were closing at 7pm for months, but they were open a bit after 7 and the price of the loaf of sourdough was reduced. They are open at 8 and the price goes down at 7. I bought blueberries for first time in months at a produce stand outside. I had stopped buying certain things after my wrist fracture in September if it was out of the way or heavy to carry.

On the way home I stopped at Justino's for a slice of pizza. I ate it at a table outside and it tasted so much better than when I bring it home. So yummy. It is close to home, but on the way home it cools off and coagulates. Microwaving takes away the flavor, but I do that.

·
Registered
20,203 Posts
justinos---- yum.... buffalo chicken slice, please.

got a question for you, mlewis. is Cozumel, the tiny mexican place a couple of doors down from justino's stil open? i loved their chicken tortilla soup, i could go through 3 orders of it in one day.

i got good news today, i passed the drug test and background check, so my overnight shift differential should start kicking in next week, and i'm eligible for health insurance as of May 1st. unfortunately, it looks like the company only uses bc/bs, which is not my favorite, i've been uhp for so long. i'll have to double check that my endocrinologist will take bc/bs. and i think it's bc/bs of new jersey, so....

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
Good morning!

Mission accomplished on 2nd vaccinations!! We both had sore arms last night, but as of this morning there do not seem to be any other side effects.

Yesterday we ended up with rain off and on most of the day and it is still wet this morning. The farmers are very happy and our only downside was grandson's first baseball game of the season being postponed until tonight, followed by another game Friday night, followed by granddaughter's dance recital Saturday afternoon. We are getting back to normal!!! There are still distancing requirements and we will continue to wear masks for the foreseeable future when outside our home, but I am beyond excited to see family who have also been vaccinated on a regular basis again.

LL, I hope your vehicle concerns turn out to be minor or at least not too costly! Claw, I'm glad you're home safe and sound; thanks for taking us along on your trip.

I will be watching for a package from NYC today, I have no clue what will be arriving, but I'm sure it will be a great surprise!

Everyone stay safe, be well.

·
Registered
22,097 Posts
Good morning.

Raining here - I'd guess more than an inch has already fallen with more to come. Tornado watch in effect until 8 AM. I did hear thunder during the night and really strong winds for a very short time.

The car issue was apparently due to them not resetting the computer when it was in for it's 11,000 mile checkup. Sounds sort of weird, but they didn't find anything else wrong.

Glad to hear of people receiving their second dose of vaccine and hope the side effects remain slight.

Claw, glad you are home safely. We did enjoy your adventure tales. Certainly makes me ready to head out, although we probably won't do anything until our stay in Hot Springs toward the end of May.

I actually went in to Kroger yesterday for just bread. Seemed almost normal, instead of planning the trip for minimum time inside the store or just doing a curbside pickup.

I think today will be a stay at home day. Have no interest in going out in the rain.

Take care and stay safe.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Good morning. 71 and stormy here. Apparently we had a tornado watch last night from 10:22pm-5am... I was already fast asleep by then, so I'm glad we didn't have any twisters in my area. The car stayed in the garage just in case and I opened the door as soon as I got up to air it out. I had to drive in to office today, but should be able to leave nooonish. This would be a good day to stay home and read a new book.
Looks like we may have rain for the next few days. I don't mind the rain. I'd just rather pass on the hail and tornadoes.

Take care. Stay safe.

·
Registered
20,203 Posts
it's grey and gloomy here, with a thunderstorm watch for the next few hours, so it looks like i won't be going out today.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Cozumel on 10th is closed. I looked it up just to be sure. Starting with Jake's Saloon, a number of places in that location are now gone, including a bagel shop. Walking up that block from 57th St., I think Justino's is the first place that is open. Then Chipotle and Greek Kitchen on the corner of 58th. I have not been to that Chipotle. Too many bad memories of cold "hot" sauce that they served cold from fridge at the Chipotle on Maiden Lane at Pearl Street.

I didn't go out today. Used the bike 21 minutes and it was in small increments. I opened the windows again today and later I realized it was pretty hot in here from the humidity. I am usually cold inside this time of year. It got no warmer than 73 and is 70 now. I thought it was going to rain, but I didn't see it.

The young couple next door, who were away for 3 months at a time over the past year, moved out on Saturday. I learned online that they moved to Ft. Greene, Brooklyn. She posted pictures taken inside the new apartment. Two bathrooms, in-unit washer and dryer. It's quiet now, but I expect there will be major renovation, because that apartment didn't yet have a dishwasher. They make a lot of noise taking out a closet in the hallway to extend the kitchen. I've heard them do it with the 4 apartments below me.

·
Registered
20,203 Posts
is chipotle where boston market was?

i guess the rain missed you, but it did hit my area, so i didn't go out. i'm thinking of going to one of the nearby bagel places when i finish my work night.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Happy Friday even though it's gray and gloomy and wet here.
DH is complaining of aches and chills. It might be a long day.
I started the morning with no internet, so at least that's resolved. I used my work phone as a hot spot so I could work before DH got up. I don't like messing with the hardware in his office because I'm always afraid that I will hit something by mistake. He's sitting in front of the TV right now with a pup in his lap.
Have a great day and stay safe.

·
Registered
20,203 Posts
good afternoon. they actually ran the report that is my final task of the day early, so i finished before sun up and didn't go out. it's sunny but howling wid now, but i am going to have some breakfast and take a walk to the grocery store.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
It was nice out when I walked to PT, but it was raining and very windy when I got out. Too bad. I was thinking of taking a walk before I realized. I did have an umbrella with me. After I got home, it was sunny and cloudy with no rain, but more sun and very windy. I never went out again. I was very tired by 4pm. Getting up at 10:30 is early for me, even though I slept OK. I set up a lot of appointments for the next three weeks. I'm going 3 times a week. There are two offices where the same PT man works. This one's entrance was at Equinox in Time Warner Center (W. 60th). He's at the other place on Tues/Thurs on West 52nd. They are equally distant from my apartment, 1/2 mile.

I am starting to get my hopes up of my pool/health club opening. The Mayor said (yesterday?) that he wants everything open by July 1st. It's the governor's call. Cuomo says health clubs 50% on May 15th, bars and restaurant 75% by May 7th. (You can sit at a bar starting May 3rd, no restaurant curfew). I guess it's safer to sit at a bar for hours than swim in a chlorinated pool?

I asked someone at Equinox today what their pool lanes rules are and how they reserve a lane. He said you show up and then they tell you how long a wait it is and it usually works out. I think more people want to swim at my club. He said another Equinox with a larger pool (like ours) is experimenting with two people per lane.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
is chipotle where boston market was?

i guess the rain missed you, but it did hit my area, so i didn't go out. i'm thinking of going to one of the nearby bagel places when i finish my work night.
Yes, they put Chipotle where Boston Market was. I may have missed the rain yesterday if it happened when I was asleep.

34781 - 34800 of 34821 Posts