Kindle Forum banner

34801 - 34820 of 34821 Posts

·
Registered
20,203 Posts
today's rain started just as i was about to go out, so i napped a bit, and then when it stopped i went out to the nearer grocery store and got a rotesserie chicken and this new Caribbean Sunset juice i've taken a liking to. on the way back home, there was a sun shower, which caused confusion to the guy who came out of his building, felt a some rain drops but there was not a cloud in the sky.

tonight the wind is HOWLING and it's driving me crazy, it's distracting me and making me feel cold.

·
Registered
22,097 Posts
Good morning.

A high of 80 today with rain and thunderstorms beginning around 2 AM and forecast to continue for around 24 hours. The last time rain was forecast for a long span of time didn't happen. Hope the same thing occurs this time.

II works tonight, then off for 3 nights. Not sure why he was switched from working Monday and Tuesday next week to Wednesday and Thursday. Can't say it makes that much difference. Not sure what will happen when shows start up again, scheduled to happen in June at this time.

I realized yesterday morning that the yard needed to be mowed before it rained again so that was my chore for yesterday. So glad it is done. Found one really large anthill - the area around it did not get mowed and it has been treated. I am always on the alert for them any time I walk around the yard.

One prescription to pick up today. The notification it was ready came in about 3 hours after I had picked another one up Wednesday and I just didn't see the point in making another trip that day.

Hope you have some weekend plans. Stay safe.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
Good morning. Dry, windy, and temperature expected to hit 80s today. It will be nice to eat and play cribbage tonight on the spring-cleaned, screened-in veranda tonight instead of the basement mancave.

Last night we finally made it to grandson's baseball game. The evening was beautiful t-shirt weather, and we were able to watch unmasked being outside and well socially distanced from others while next to our fully vaccinated family. It felt so "normal" and really raised my spirits after a day where my mood hand swung pretty hard downward for no apparent reason. His team is kind of a "Bad News Bears" group this year and they lost, but he played really well - had an RBI hit, walked and scored, had 2 steals, pitched 2 innings and struck out the side with bases loaded. Gma was appropriately impressed and he had fun which is all that really matters!

This afternoon we will attend our granddaughter's dance recital. That will be masked since it is indoors, but out of the house 2 days in a row!!

Stay safe, be well.

·
Registered
20,203 Posts
afternoon
* passes rolls and cream cheese *

it looks nice out, so i'm hoping to take a walk. trying to decide if i'm going to log on and catch a few hours of work or just go back to sleep..

·
Registered
20,203 Posts
i managed to go for my walk before it got full dark and sat in a park for a little bit to get my vitamin D.

i wasn't planning on going to the grocery store, but i wanted something to go with the rotesserie chicken i bought yesterday, so ducked in to the store and got a dole ceasar salad kit for today and a blueberry bliss kit for tomorrow.

* passes chicken ceasar salad and papa john's garlic sticks *

i'm thinking of doing an outback run tomorrow, i have a 50 dollar GC to use.

·
Registered
20,203 Posts
okay folks, need some advice. fun advice......
i'm trying to decide my food/walking exercise options for the week and you can vote....
either post here or you can PM me.
choices:
1. Outback. I have a GC to use. I was thinking of going there Monday, but it says rain, so that might have to be Sunday instead. Would get a steak, a blooming onion chicken dish and some sweet potatoes to keep me for a few days. (walk is about 2 miles each way)
2.Buffalo wild wings. Again, I have GC to use. This would be a Tuesday trip because Tuesday is BOGO wings And I might also get a burger for immediate eating and have the wings on Wednesday and Thursday. This would be about a 1 mile walk.
3. Katz's deli. This would let me do a Trader Joe run to pick up stuff as well as hitting the deli. Again, I'd probably go on Tuesday, since that shows as the dry day. But, this would be out of pocket paying, no GC. IT would be the same 1 mile walk as BWW.
4. Next Level burger. this is a vegan place near whole foods. i have a dollar off to use, and i like supporting them. Again, this would be a one mile walk.

Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
22,097 Posts
Sorry, telracs, I have enough trouble figuring out what we're eating; don't dare try to get involved in giving advice to someone else.

So far the forecast rain has not materialized. I'll take it.

Made a trip to the arena this morning as II forgot to leave building security's keys and phone. Guess I'll start sending him a text when I get up to remind him to get them out of his pocket.

No specific plans for the day.

Have a peaceful Sunday. Stay safe.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
Good morning. Rain is in the forecast, but you sure wouldn't know it from the sunny, clear skies out there right now. Maybe these showers will pass us by.

Yesterday afternoon and evening were great. The dance recital was lots of fun, supper and cribbage were fun, the horse I was cheering for won the Derby, my sister and her spouse got their first shots and we now have firm plans for me to spend a week at their house in July!

Telracs, my suggestion is to go in order you typed your choices, alternating gift card/out-of-pocket. So, Outback today, Katz/TJ on Tuesday, then BWW/Next Level next week (or flip with NL for the coming weekend and BWW next Tuesday). :)

No particular plans here for today, it should be quiet and restful with plenty of time for naps and reading. Stay safe, be well.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
It was 81 degrees last time I looked (may have cooled a degree or two since 5pm -- it's 6:00 now). I want to get outside in a few minutes. Looks like possible rain over the next few days. I will get out tomorrow, though, because I have an appointment for PT at 4:00.

Telracs, what did you get today? I would have opted for Outback because of the GC.

If it were me, though, that might present a problem with my recent efforts to lose weight. I've lost 18 of the 27 pandemic gained pounds as of last Tuesday.

While I was on the exercise bike I watched part of Dutchmazz's youtube livestream on Governor's Island this afternoon. There is a ferry from the end of Manhattan to go there.

My brother said that his woman-friend went home today after a week and a half of staying at his place for care post-knee replacement (and good cooking). He is expecting our 4th cousin and wife (friend from when he was in high school) tomorrow. The friend is driving from FL on their way up to New Hampshire for the season. I share a brother's stories, because I have no social life of my own!

·
Registered
20,203 Posts
Ultimately decided to take the hike to outback. i know GCs don't expire, but a lot of things have been closing and i was afraid that if i didn't use it, something would happen and i'd be out of luck.

placed the order for 6 PM pick up and left here around 4:30. walked about 1/2 way to a park and sat for a bit, then walked the rest of the way. as some of you may remember, the route is very hilly and i went the long way and ended up hitting more hill than i would have liked, which slowed me down.

got to outback just as my order came out. i ordered a ribeye steak, their new bloomin' chicken entree and 2 sweet potatoes per entree. i caught a bus for 1/2 of the trip home but all in all, i did 3.5 miles walking.

mlewis, my sister and i have done Governor's Island a couple of times in 2018 and 2019. there are multiple ferries, so we can start in Manhattan but go home to Brooklyn directly from the island. but you have to make sure you watch the schedule or else things get dicey.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Good morning. We started in the 70s today and the forecast claims highs in the 90s... But the rest of the week the lows are back down in the 50s. This is weird weather. It's also very muggy outside.
DH got his second covid shot on Thursday and was miserable all weekend. Fortunately he is back to normal today.
Finally got the new registration sticker put on the car yesterday.
Have a great week. Stay safe.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
Good afternoon. Our current weather is much like Andra's. After being in the high 80s over the weekend, our morning temperature of 63 is now expected to be the high for the week, but it's very muggy. Crazy is right!

Nothing interesting happening here to speak of. Everybody stay safe and well.

·
Registered
20,203 Posts
yeah, we all seem to have similar weather, it's 66 and drizzling here. i'm kind of wiped out from the hike yesterday and it looks like rain all evening, so i don't think i'll go out today. but i'm running low on water and don't expect my hint order for a few days, so will need to go out tomorrow.

i'm still shifting my schedule, probably looking at 9 PM to 6 AM, then sleep a bit and head out around 2 PM...

* passes left over rib eye steak, and sweet potato *

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Telracs, on the Dutchmazz video of Governor's Island, he took the 3:40pm ferry back to Manhattan. He was getting a subway from there to Brooklyn (he lives in Bay Ridge). I have never been to Gov. Island, but the Flute Club had an event there a few years ago. They played flutes outside. I don't remember why I didn't go, but probably so I could get my swim in and I was still working. I was devoted to my swimming.

Weather was colder than I expected when I walked to PT for 4pm appointment. I took my umbrella but didn't use it. I stopped at Mee Noodle Shop to get take-out steamed dumplings. That was my early dinner.

·
Registered
20,203 Posts
it's actually less of a walk to the subway if you take the ferry from GI to Manhattan than if you take a Brooklyn one (depending on where in Bay Ridge he lives).

i'm pretty good at portion control, so my outback stuff will last me a few days.

i'm trying to figure out my new health insurance options and to be honest, it's very confusing.

i hadn't planned on going out today, but i got antsy, so i decided to do a quick rite aide run. it was raining a bit, but not too bad.

·
Registered
22,097 Posts
Good morning.

Our high yesterday was 86 but the forecast thunderstorms, high winds, etc. mostly did not materialize. I did hear a few thunderclaps around 2 AM with hard rain, but it didn't last very long. Highs the rest of the week will be in the 70s most days. But, we are taking the flannel sheets off the bed today. Neither of us slept well last night - mostly due to being too warm.

We grilled hamburgers last night and I made homemade hamburger buns. Will definitely do that again. An easy recipe, and they were not nearly as heavy and dense as from the recipe I had tried in the past. I didn't get them quite as consistent in size as I thought I was so a couple of them will probably just be eaten as dinner rolls. The rest will go in the freezer to be used as hamburger buns or sandwich rolls.

Haircuts and my allergy shot on the agenda for today. We're still trying to decide if we will actually eat in someplace once we're through. There is still a possibility of isolated thunderstorms early this afternoon so that might affect our decision.

Hope your day goes well. Stay safe.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
Good morning. It is rainy and chilly here. The house is closed up again, but fans and dehumidifiers are running - it seems really early in the season for the dehumidifiers.

My arm and hand do not like wet weather at all. Doing my morning therapy exercises brought a tear or two to my eyes, that hasn't happened for a while.

One load of laundry is already in the dryer and MIL is going to drive me to the grocery store later this morning. What exciting plans for today ...

Stay safe, be well.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Happy Star Wars Day. It's 70 and muggy here today. We have the chance of pop-up storms during the day - fun.
At least I had a good cup of tea this morning. I fixed my glass yesterday and didn't taste it until I got to the office. It had been in the fridge too long and got nasty. I spit it out and switched to water. So I put new tea in last night and today was much better.
I am still not used to going to office two days in a row. But I am better at getting to bed on time Monday night than Sunday. I am planning to take a mental health day tomorrow. I have some errands to run and phone calls to make and I just want a day off :)
Take care. Stay safe.

·
Registered
20,203 Posts
i'm up earlier than i wanted, someone seemed to be ringing all the doorbells near me (i heard mine and my neighbor's) which startled me and now i can't seem to fall back asleep even after trying to veg out in bed.

it's grey and gloomy here with thunderstorms due later, so i'm going to eat breakfast and then take a walk to one of the grocery stores for a couple of salad kits and water.

34801 - 34820 of 34821 Posts