Kindle Forum banner
34941 - 34960 of 35082 Posts

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Happy Friday!!
I was lucky yesterday and my dentist appointment went well. I had forgotten, but this was the crown that had a hole drilled through it several years ago when I needed a root canal redone (definitely don't recommend THAT!). So my dentist said that weakened the porcelain. The metal part of the crown is still fine and so is the rest of the tooth. So I have an appointment on July 1st to have him completely remove the old crown and start the process for a new one. He acted like this was totally normal and not a big deal. I had them put the nitrous on the treatment plan any way in case I wig out. He also took his little drill and smoothed down the rough spot that kept catching my tongue.
We start on our big cleaning project this weekend. The first step is to go through what's in the game room and decide if it's keep, donate, or throw. Then we have separate places in the garage for each type. I'd like to get everything sorted this weekend if we can.
LL, hope II manages to eat something. My mom got an implant a few years ago. I don't know that I want to deal with that, but I suspect it will happen at some point.
Have a great weekend everybody.
Take care and stay safe.

·
Registered
6,322 Posts
Andra, I am glad that your dentist visit went well. I have one this Monday afternoon. I keep forgetting, since I have had so many other appointments lately (PT). I won't forget on Monday though. It will be cleaning and exam. I hope no work needs to be done. I had some fillings and bonding done six months and 12 months ago.

I went to the pool again today (Friday). I think the swimming improved over the first time Wednesday (after 15 months off). My knee has been achy tonight though. Weather was great, even though it was warmer than the other two days. Low humidity. But Saturday it may go up to 90.

I had a slice of pizza before I went home. 2nd day in a row. I went to a different place on 9th Ave. Thursday. I usually get plain classic slice, but they had a fresh sausage/pepperoni pie and I had a slice of that (Thurs.). They have rather large slices!

Happy first national holiday for Juneteenth!

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Good morning from southern Arizona. We are mostly staying inside due to the heat. My daughter's AC was finally replaced but needed an additional part a few days later. They also had to put in additional ductwork and the final repairs to holes made in the ceiling during that process have not yet been finished.

Last week a niece needed to quickly find a home for a bonded pair of cats (brother and sister, both altered and chipped) that she had adopted from the Humane Society about 6 months ago. We are now their fourth home. My understanding of their history follows. They were first adopted as kittens and lived in that home for about three years. They went to the Humane Society and were adopted as a pair but were returned some months later. Our niece then adopted them but she recently got a job that requires she be out of the state for six months training. She was hoping that her son could take them but he wasn't home enough. So, we are their new, and hopefully forever, home. Crush, a red/orange male tabby, was named Stoeffel according to his adoption papers. Zoe, A brown/black female tabby, was named Zero. Our niece renamed both of them and we are staying with those names. We currently have them restricted to our bedroom and master bath while our other two cats, Dusty and Sylvester, are in the rest of the house. We are using the laundry room as a cat free zone with access to the outside. We have a vet appointment Monday for Crush and Zoe. After that we will start supervised introductions. Sylvester has Bern bidding and growling at them under the bedroom door. The second day he attacked the door with his tail fluffed but he hasn't done that since. We are making sure both sets of cats are getting personal attention. Crush and Zoe are calm, loving, and seem content. We will need to have all four cats getting along well before we move.

Our daughter finally got HOA approval for the backyard studio. She will be making arrangements to get that started. We don't know when the work will start as there is a backlog. We are hoping to move AFTER the summer is over. 😉 However, I will be going there Thursday to start moving the garden bed to the side yard as it is where the new structure will be. We have been making more progress sorting through our stuff and that progress is becoming apparent. 😄

I hope that your day is wonderful. Stay safe. Be excellent to each other and to yourself.

·
Registered
6,322 Posts
It felt pretty hot out (86) when I took out the garbage. Planning to walk to the health club to swim. I had bad headache from late in the afternoon yesterday. Maybe I slept too much. Just a bit off today. It may be caffeine withdrawal from not having any diet pepsi.

My phone weather app is off. Second time today it says drizzle (88 degrees). I see sunshine and never saw any rain today.

My laptop is slow, so I ran the CCleaner this afternoon. I ran it on Friday too. I usually run it once a week. Ugh.

·
Registered
20,438 Posts
mlewis,
i think the weather apps look at too big an area when saying what's happening. it may be drizzling over by broadway, but sunny on 10th Ave and the apps will say it's "drizzling in NY."

i'm feeling off also, i just can't seem to do anything but work and sleep. i keep telling myself i'm going to go out, but i just can't seem to.

·
Registered
22,155 Posts
Good morning.

Thunderstorms beginning around noon are our forecast for the day, but highs will be in the 80s for the next 2-3 days.

I noticed the attachment where the ear piece attaches to the lens on my glasses is loose so we'll be heading the the optometrist's office some time today. These don't just screw on so hoping they can be fixed.

Otherwise, no specific plans.

Stay safe.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Good morning. It's hot and sticky here with a heat advisory in effect from noon until 8:00pm. I can't believe (well, actually I can) that Ercot was recommending that you set your thermostat to something like 82 at night to sleep. I barely manage to sleep at 75 with two fans blowing straight on me!!
I brought my personal laptop to work to check on Prime deals occasionally. I am hoping that the put the cases for the new Fires on sale. I just think $40 is too expensive for a case. I am excited to see the Oasis discounted today. Hopefully that means they will refresh it soon with a USB-C port instead of micro-USB.
Take care. Stay cool. Stay safe.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Good morning. Thunderstorms went north and south of us last night, but places that did have rain were grateful. A lovely cooler, dry day here today for the first official day of summer after triple digit days and humidity last week.

Last week had more than its share of stress, but things have worked out and we had a wonderful outing yesterday with DD and DIL for lunch at a sushi/Japanese restaurant and a trip to Trader Joe's. We had planned a walkabout around our old college haunts, but it was raining too hard at the time so it will be an adventure for another day. Grandkids spent the night Friday night for the first time since Christmas Eve 2019, it was FABULOUS.

Weight Watchers continues to be successful. I am at the lowest weight I have been in 15 years! Still working on it, though. Hope everyone has good outcomes on dental, eyes, and general mood issues. Stay safe and be well.

·
Registered
6,322 Posts
Went to the dentist this afternoon. The hygienist spotted a problem on the x-ray with a tooth on lower left. Dentist took a look and they say I need a crown, since it's been filled a few times. Ugh. Never had a crown before, and I guess I'm lucky it has taken this long. I have an appointment on July 20th as prep and get the crown put in three weeks later. Expensive, of course.

I walked over there (about a mile) and it was sunny, hot and humid. We are expecting rain on Tuesday. I stopped at Whole Foods on the way back and then stopped to have a slice of pizza on 9th and 58th St. pizza place.

The primary election for mayor of NYC is tomorrow. I'm not excited about any of them (and there are too many), but I should vote. Also for NYC DA and various city council positions.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Our high here today was about 96 and then a big thunderstorm blew through drenching everything. Hopefully the fires that are burning in Oregon. Feel for the crown business, mlewis. My whole mouth is crowns. Such fun. DH has been gone for over a week visiting family back in New England so I have spent several hours for about 4 days doing a good clean of the house. Wonder if he'll notice.

Tomorrow I'm taking a friend to the surgery center where he is having BOTH carpal tunnel surgeries done at the same time! I can't believe docs do that, but I guess things have changed in the years since I had one done.

You folks can enjoy your humidity! Stay safe and cool!

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Good morning. After a thunderstorm last night, it was a pleasant 71 when I got up this morning. It won't last, but it was really nice outside.
I have ordered a few small things from Prime Day - nothing major. I did reload my gift card balance to get an extra $10...
Take care and stay safe!

·
Registered
6,322 Posts
We had a cooler day Tuesday. No AC needed. Went to PT this afternoon and then went to vote, although I did not have strong feelings FOR any of them. I spent the whole evening at home. We didn't have any storms, just rain, but I decided to wait until tomorrow to go back to swim. 63 now (late night).

·
Registered
22,155 Posts
Good morning.

Currently 54 degrees and heading to a high in the 80s. It has certainly been more pleasant walking the last couple of days, but it won't last long. Highs in the 90s again starting tomorrow.

I had an early morning doctor's appointment yesterday. Blood pressure readings for the past 3 months were much improved. She was pleased. I'm to continue doing as I am with the medication I'm on and continue walking.

We'll head out mid morning for II to get the sutures in his mouth removed. One spot is still hurting more than he expected. Hopefully we find out what is going on with that. Also should find out what the next step in the process is.

Mowing probably on the schedule for later today. The grass seems to have grown overnight.

Stay safe.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Good afternoon from central Arizona. I drove to my daughter's house in central Arizona yesterday as there was a forecast for slightly cooler weather and a 20 to 30% chance of rain. :)

My daughter and I had a quick planning discussion followed by an hour or so of work last night moving some of the cement blocks of the raised garden bed located where the backyard studio will be built. At 5:20 am this morning I started laying out the blocks in the side yard where the first raised bed will go. I headed in for ice water just before 6 as my daughter was coming out to help. We agreed on the best garden bed size. She continued moving blocks while I focused on leveling the ground and setting the blocks square and level. We stopped at 7 am for breakfast. After breakfast, she started her workday working remotely from her home office. I continued working outside until noon as this may be the coolest day here for weeks. I was rained on a couple times. I stopped for lunch and am finally headed out to work after the most recent rain.

I hope that your day is wonderful. Stay safe. Be excellent to each other and to yourself.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Good morning. Looks like the Iowa drought may be near to an end (at least in our area) over the next few days as we are expecting up to 7" of rain. Hopefully it spreads out enough over the days to give the extra dry ground time to soak it up and doesn't lead to flooding. My bones are not very happy with the wet weather, but it is desperately needed, so I won't complain.

Nothing else new or interesting happening for me to share. The building collapse in Miami overnight looks horrible. Everyone stay safe and be well.

·
Registered
22,155 Posts
Good morning.

77 degrees with 90% humidity this morning. I still haven't mowed - maybe this evening I'll get started. Rain possible again for most of next week.

II's sutures were taken out Wednesday, but a dry socket was forming so they put a medicated plug in that had to be removed yesterday. So we made another trip to the dentist's office. And they said if it causes problems over the weekend, call, and someone would meet him at the office to help him out. Our dentist and his staff are outstanding. Work on implants won't start until October.

I think we're going out for breakfast this morning. Always a treat as far as I am concerned and it has been a long time.

Enjoy the weekend. Stay safe.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Good morning from central Arizona. Yesterday was hot and sunny here in Gilbert and today will be also. Predicted high 104°F. It is currently 80°F and I am headed outside to get as much done before it is too hot.

Almost 2/3 of the old garden has been dismantled and 2 of 3 new raised beds have been built. I am slowing down due to the heat and sore muscles but progress is on track.
I hope your day is wonderful. Stay safe. Be excellent to each other and also to yourself.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Good morning. Our sump pump kept up pretty well with 5-7" of rain in 3 hours last night. Just a little bleach mopping in the basement this morning, minor compared to past flooding. I just panic when Flash Flood Warnings start blaring. More rain expected tonight and tomorrow, but no where near the large amounts in a short time like last night. Fingers crossed!!

LL, breakfast is one my favorite meals to eat out, any time of day. It has been a long, long time, and that sounds like a wonderful outing to me. There may be a breakfast supper in our weekend plans here at home now. Yesterday I made a blackberry/raspberry "no count" sauce in anticipation of a topping for ready-to-heat cheese blintzes we got from Trader Joe's last weekend. That and a couple of chicken maple breakfast sausages on the side are my plan. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Everyone stay safe and be well.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Happy Friday!!
We are trying to get plans together to visit family next week. But things got complicated really fast because my uncle is still at my mom's. So we need to take the trailer. Guess when the tags expire? The last day of June (at least it's THIS June). So now we have to find time to take it out for an inspection before I can renew the tags... I don't see why I have to take it out and pay somebody to check the stuff that we check every single time we hook it up... So I suspect we may take it as is and hope for the best.
We don't have time this weekend since we are still getting ready for the new treadmill.
Grrrrrr
Take care and stay safe everybody.

·
Registered
20,438 Posts
i figured out a good way to make me go out of the apartment. ship my amazon package to the nearby rite-aide, instead of to the apartment!

it's 80 degrees and sunny here, so i'm thinking that i'll do the pick up and maybe go sit in a park for a little bit and read.

34941 - 34960 of 35082 Posts