Kindle Forum banner
34981 - 35000 of 35010 Posts

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Loonlover, happy birthday to Il and happy anniversary to both of you!!!!

THC, sounds like a wonderful trip.

We had thunderstorms for more than 3 hours Tuesday night. There were warnings for more Wednesday evening, but we haven't had any. The watch is over in a half hour (1am Thursday).

I am still losing and trying to lose more weight. A few days ago I was just 2 pounds above my pre-Covid weight. I guess I need to eat a little more before my swim. I felt a bit weak and hungry during it. Got a slice of pizza before I went home. I've been eating steel cut oatmeal with blueberries and yogurt for breakfast. I have physical therapy Thursday afternoon.

We may get the tropical storm Elsa Thursday night/Friday morning. I hope it misses us, but the weatherman on the TV sounded so certain. Maybe 2 more inches of rain here.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Good evening. We are back home after a somewhat eventful long holiday weekend.
I drove to Corpus Saturday to pick up my car! I can't be 100% sure because I can't get it in the garage, but I think it is fixed for real this time!
I also did something stupid to my back again and spent a lazy day Sunday by myself in the trailer. It was just me and the heating pad and muscle relaxers and my kindle.
My uncle found out he got into the apartment that he had applied for (that sentence is awkward and I am too tired to even try fixing it). So he will be moving out of my mom's guest house soon.
Rain was predicted the entire time we were gone. But we had most mornings clear, so that was nice.
On the way home we detoured by the Crestview RV to drop the trailer off for inspection and a short list of repairs. I swear, this trailer has spent way more time in the shop than our Denali ever did.
I went to the dr about my back this morning. I am on steroids and have a referral for an x-ray to start with. We'll see where we go after that.
At the movies tonight for Black Widow. DH really wanted to see tjis one opening night. But we got the time wrong and are at the theatre an hour early. Better than late I guess.
Happy birthday! Happy anniversary!
Happy Iceland trip (hope you share photos when you can Claw).
I am sure I forgot stuff, but oh well.
Stay safe.

·
Registered
22,142 Posts
Thought I'd get this out here a little early.

Crebel, Happy BIrthday Friday.

We brought lunch home today from a place we probably hadn't been to since II's birthday two years ago. It traveled very well (it's a little farther from us than most places we go) so kind of wish we hadn't waited so long to try their take out.

I plan on fixing his usual order from Waffle House for breakfast here at home in the morning. Not sure if we'll do anything else to celebrate tomorrow or not. I'll probably do some laundry and finish the mowing I started tonight, but will let him take it easy.

Do hope to hear more about your trip, Claw.

Hope your weekend is a relaxing one.

Stay safe.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Tropical storm Elsa dumped a lot of rain on us overnight. There was flooding in some subway stations, but it seems to be drained now. I need to get out to the pool. It's 4pm now and they will start kids classes and then a family swim at 5:30-7:00, so I am hesitant to go until later.

A few days ago I discovered a cousin DNA match on Ancestry and have been in touch with her. Interesting that her maiden name is the same as an Italian-American family from my hometown and they are her first cousins (I am not related to her cousins). We are related through her mother's side and we have a same 2nd great grandmother. She is from a nearby town and as a kid went to the beach with her cousins near our house. She lives in Virginia now.

·
Registered
20,435 Posts
* wanders in with baked goods for crebel and II's birthdays and II and LL's anniversary *

we have baklava, greek easter bread, apple turnovers, cheese danish, and a cinnamon danish. i also have tazo passion ice tea, and chocolate oat milk.

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
Anniversary good! Baklava even better!!!!

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Good afternoon. Yesterday I swam later. Right after I got home we had a thunderstorm. There is a youtube couple who sometimes go live from their apartment window in the east village when there is a storm, so I watched the lightning from there (James and Karla). I see flashes here and hear the thunder, but my apartment is on the back of my building.

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
Greetings from Grimsey Island! We are at the Arctic Circle and the sun is still up at 11:30 Pm. I’m pooped, but posted a few photos in the photo gallery forum for anyone interested.

·
Registered
22,142 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, Claw.

Good morning.

Thanks for the well wishes for our celebrations. We spent a quiet weekend, ate too much as part of our celebrations, and just enjoyed being together. We talked to both sons and heard from friends and relatives.

Almost half an inch of rain fell Saturday night. There was some thunder but we didn't get much of the wind that blew through to the north and east of us. I saw this morning that there were some power outages in both Little Rock and North Little Rock. We got lucky, apparently.

I have one medical appointment this week. Other than that, my intentions are to push and prod us into doing some decluttering and general cleaning. We'll see how that goes.

Have a good week. Stay safe.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Last night I could not get to sleep and then at 2:20 AM it started pouring rain followed by more rain and thunder. I had to get up and close three windows. I was awake for a few more hours.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Wow, Claw, what a trip! I know you're enjoying it!

All you people, PLEASE send any rain out to Oregon. It's awful out here.

·
Registered
20,435 Posts
Last night I could not get to sleep and then at 2:20 AM it started pouring rain followed by more rain and thunder. I had to get up and close three windows. I was awake for a few more hours.
and we had no rain here in Brooklyn overnight.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Spotsmom, I wish we could send our showers your way.

We had just a sprinkle late this afternoon. NY1 (TV) said we would get a quick t-storm, but we didn't. I was anxious, because I wanted to get to the pool. I was trying on different inserts in my shoes (for support because my knee is so bad) and ended up wearing my Dansko clogs, which have a very good arch support. My custom orthotics are very old but still better than the inserts I recently purchased at the drug store. I did get to the pool and there was no lightning/thunder to stop it. (The pool has a glass roof, so they close the pool area whenever there is lightning in the area.)

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Good morning. It's been a crazy week. We are all fine; weird stuff is happening though.
I wanted to go get the new tags for the trailer today, but the tax office is closed for staff training. Honestly, how did I manage to pick THAT day? They have also changed their reservation system and you can now make appointments in advance (before it was just same-day). So I have an appointment for next Tuesday.
I am hoping that the slightly cooler weather in the morning continues through the weekend so I can get some work done in the garage. I'd really like to get my car parked inside again :)
We have not had too much rain here, but the coast is saturated. I wish we could send some where it's needed.
Take care. Stay safe.

·
Registered
22,142 Posts
Good morning.

I had an early morning appointment yesterday for a mammogram. I was there the proscribed fifteen minutes early, and was back in the car 3 minutes after my scheduled time. So glad I decided to go to the satellite office in Benton instead of continuing to go to the site at the main hospital.

We spent the rest of the day doing little things. We have one crisper drawer that cannot be removed without pulling out the refrigerator so the plan for today is pull the refrigerator out and do the necessary cleaning in and around it. Starting with one corner of the kitchen and moving from there.

Highs are supposed to be only in the 80s the next 5 days. There is a possibility of thunderstorms off and on for most of that time. We'll see since at one time rain was supposed to be here this morning, now it is predicted for early afternoon.

Enjoy your day and the weekend. Stay safe.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Good morning from southern Arizona. We finally got a good rain yesterday but I doubt that it has made much of a dent in our drought conditions.

Yesterday our niece came and took back her cats, Crush and Zoe. The job opportunity didn't work out for her so she is back at her house in Tucson. While we will miss having those sweet cats around, our two older cats will be much happier and less stressed. They are certainly taking advantage of having access to our bedroom again.

We are still slowly going through our stuff and deciding what to keep, give away, or throw away. I am also working on the #100days100blocks sew along. Each block will fit one of my fabric categories. I finally have four blocks in my Winter category so today I hope to make a fabric storage tote with them. That will let me pack all my fabric in that category. Mixing crafting and packing is a win/win situation. 😀 I hope to work on this month's blocks for Nebula and Gravity tomorrow.

Hope that your day is wonderful.

·
Registered
22,142 Posts
Good morning.

77 degrees with cloudy skies. Highs in the 80s for a few more days and dry conditions after today. A little over 1/2 inch of rain fell Saturday and a tiny bit fell during a thunderstorm early this morning. Still a slight possibility of more thunderstorms this afternoon.

One appointment on our agenda this week. Otherwise, just doing what we feel like doing. We are walking daily and my blood pressure is definitely responding in a positive manner to the exercise. I have already received notification electronically that my mammogram was normal.

Have a good week. I'll admit trying to be positive is a little more difficult once again. Stay safe.

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
Good morning. I am back from Iceland! Coming back into the US really wasn’t a problem at all though having to take a COVID test in Reykjavik was a nuisance. The test itself wasn’t unpleasant as I had feared it would be. Customs and Border Patrol coming back into the US was actually one of the quickest experiences for me ever. There had been flooding on Saturday (the day before returning) and it disrupted airline schedules so that I got stuck in Houston after arriving there too late to catch my flight to Oklahoma. I did enjoy the decor in the lobby of the Reykjavik hotel…

Reactions: mlewis78 and crebel
34981 - 35000 of 35010 Posts