Kindle Forum banner
35001 - 35010 of 35010 Posts

·
Registered
22,142 Posts
Good morning.

It is really foggy here. Glad I don't have to drive anywhere this morning. It may seem a little eerie if it is still around when we go walking.

II's 6 month visit to the cardiologist was yesterday. His blood pressure was up a bit so medication was adjusted. I'm hoping it serves as a wake up call that will encourage him to become more active. We'll see how it goes.

We've started wearing masks almost everywhere again. I don't think we are the only ones based on the number of people we see wearing them most places. I'll never understand the acrimony around mask wearing or getting vaccinated, or the pettiness of our legislature in the narrow mindedness of some of the bills they passed this year. How do you handicap the governor from taking steps to save lives.

Stay safe.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Happy Friday!!
Today is Ginger's adoption day. Five years ago the universe decided that a silly little puppy needed to come home with me.
We are still working in the garage to get my car back inside.
The whole world has gone crazy again. We are also wearing masks around other people even though we have been vaccinated.
Take care everybody.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Thursday evening I had dinner with a friend at a restaurant with outdoor seating. It was her birthday, and I had not seen her since before the pandemic. She lives in Washington Heights and has a wonderful view of the George Washington Bridge, but she came down to my neighborhood to make it easier for me. I'd been to PT in the afternoon and we had not planned ahead. I don't think I'll be going out that much for dinner for a while, though. The seating was in a big shed-type structure with one side open. It was very noisy and the tables were not far apart. They had indoor seating as well and we realized it might not have been as noisy. This was my first time having dinner with a friend at a real restaurant. It was Arriba Arriba on 9th Ave. at 50th Street. They have been in business since 1982.

My super came up Friday to clear the drain with an electric snake, but he messed up and went too far down. Damaged the plumbing. Checked downstairs and apparently some water went through. He told me not to use shower, bathroom sink or toilet. Said they couldn't get a plumber until Monday (because the management is too cheap to pay emergency fee for one right away?).

He said I could use an empty apartment in his building for bathroom use on the top floor (next door). I said no. That would have been four flights down from my apartment and 4 flights up next door for a middle of the night bathroom run and then back again. Then he tested the toilet by flushing twice and said he'd get back to me about whether it was OK for me to use. Later he said OK. I still feel it's risky, but when you gotta go . . . I am not drinking as much water as usual. I hope the plumber can fix it all on Monday. I showered at the health club today before and after my swim.

I am planning on getting gel injections for my right knee. My doctor's office is setting it up. I am not sure how much my insurance will cover or if it will help, but I need something. Still going to PT twice a week.

·
Registered
22,142 Posts
Good morning.

The heat has arrived in Arkansas. We went walking early this morning, but I'm sure it will be our only walk for the day. II is not a morning person so not sure he'll be willing to get up that early every day.

mlewis, hope the injections help your knee. We have a friend that has been helped quite a bit by those.

Have a peaceful Sunday. Stay safe. Stay as cool as possible.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Today the workmen came and fixed the pipes in the bathroom. They started from the bathroom below mine (going through that ceiling to expose pipes and they drilled an opening from my bathroom floor next to the shower. They were there from 9:15 AM - 3:30 PM. They did not turn the water back on, so I sent text to the super and he came up and did it. I thought the turning off was done in the basement, but it was in my apartment.

The hole is still in the floor and covered with cardboard. I put a big towel over that in case of water splashing from the shower. They will come back "later in the week" (per the super who is always vague) to patch up the hole. That area was already just cement and not tile, due to other work that was done in there about 15 years ago. Always quick and cheap for our building management.

It reached 90 degrees this afternoon and I did not go out at all. This evening I did my PT exercises (which I think I'm not doing enough of) and used the indoor bike. Tested the shower.

My brother Stan has acute bronchitis.. He's not been feeling well since last Monday and went to the ER Sunday morning. He was afraid he might have Covid, but he tested negative. (He was vaccinated among the earliest.)

Hope everyone is well and stays well!

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Happy Friday! It's still hot and humid here - what a surprise!
I got my replacement crown on Tuesday and all seems well on that front.
Once again we are going to try working in the garage this weekend - don't hold your breath. But I am getting tired of fighting the defroster in the mornings when I have to drive to the office. Austin went from Stage 4 last Friday to Stage 5 on Tuesday maybe. So things are getting ugly here again. I doubt we will get any time of shut-down past the governor, but maybe they will at least put the mask mandates back in place.
Take care and stay safe.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Andra, I've had a temporary crown for about 10 days and hate it. Feel as if food is on it and I'm not supposed to floss around it. I use the waterpik. I hope that the permanent one will be more comfortable. I'll get it August 10th. This is my first ever crown.

We had drier, lower humidity today. Nice day to walk to the health club and swim. I had PT for my knee on Tuesday and Thursday afternoon. Afterwards, stopped at food stores and stayed in the rest of the day -- both days were very humid. Tuesday it was 90 degrees F. I have not yet heard back from the knee doctor's office about an appointment for Synvisc injections. PT put tape on my knee Tuesday which seemed to help. He replaced it on Thursday. This time it seems less effective and looks different. I might pull it off tomorrow.

I had gained 27 pounds between mid-March to December, 2020. Now since February I have lost 30 pounds and will try to lose more. Still overweight but I'm where I was at early 2020.

Hope you are all doing well.

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
Good morning from a dark apartment! Our power went off about 10:30 pm Friday night, and three hours later still Isn’t back on! I have been back from Iceland about ten days now, and am having a bit more trouble than usual getting time zones straight. I still have a tendency to get to sleep on time and then wake up at 2 or 3 am. With the virus rebounding, I am grateful I made an overseas trip during the subdue of opportunity the covid vaccines gave us.
My elderly mother is completely locked down (positive covid tests in her unit) in her nursing home, not allowed to leave her apartment. She is bored and anxious and I try to encourage her or make it better. I’m typing on my phone’s internet, connected to a power brick I bought for travel. This is not where I had expected to use it! :)

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
I hope you have your power back, Hooded Claw.

Beautiful day here in NYC today. 75, sunny, low humidity.

35001 - 35010 of 35010 Posts