KBoards.com banner

441 - 460 of 34406 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
chobitz said:
Some one forgot to tell God I live in Louisiana! I woke up to a mix of snow and rain, yes slush fell from the sky!
LOL, my thoughts exactly!! I half way expect to see snow everytime I look out the window today! Hopefully our sunshine will be back tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
chobitz said:
Some one forgot to tell God I live in Louisiana! I woke up to a mix of snow and rain, yes slush fell from the sky!
Maybe someone got the zip codes mixed up its 55 here and raining.

·
Registered
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #443
Morning all, 30 degrees this morning with predictions of an ice storm tonight. Yikes!

L

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Good morning, woke up to another stormy, rainy day. It is 45 with a cold front moving in today and chances of *snow*.  We are under a winter weather advisory which is a big deal in Alabama. Things are so slow at work I decided to take a mental health day.  ;)
Linda

·
Registered
657 Posts
Again God forgot where he placed Louisiana! Its FREEZING 35 degrees with a chance of snow and or rain. My parents come in this afternoon for christmas and its warmer in Philly (where they live) than here!

Chance of snow the whole time they are here.. wow.

I'm 2/3rds finished The Story of Edgar Stewelle. Sad sad book. I am a dog lover so I am loving Almondine but I don't want to get attached. I saw Ole Yeller too many times..

Me thinks I need to read some Christopher Moore after this and the last book were both downers. Maybe get into the Christmas spirit (something I have been sorely lacking) by reading the Stupidest Christmas Angel.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's a balmy 73 here in Jacksonville, which is higher than the high predicted for today.  We are in for tons of rain and thunderstorms while the cold front comes our way.  It definitely won't be anywhere close to 73 tomorrow!

My daughter finished her exams yesterday and comes home from college today for the holidays!  Of course, she's in love with my Kindle and will be trying to "borrow" Brigit all the time.  :-\

Hope your day is merry!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Ethan said:
Well, God did remember where he put Vermont and I am looking out at trees covered with ice after a day of horrendous rain and melting of lots of snow and the re-emergence of the brown ground once again. Like Leslie, we got a big turnaround and all the snow we had, along with -7 degree temps. of a couple of days ago, went away. Now, the cold is back and the weekend is looking like more precip.
Sounds yucky, Ethan, but on a brighter note, love your Avatar, love Marty Feldman! Thanks for brightening my day.

I'm here in Alexandria sharing coffee with my Kboards friends, hubby has gone out to run, bless his heart, I think I'll have a pastry. ::)

Betsy

·
Registered
455 Posts
Cloudy and warm here in Orlando today. The rain is just starting today and we're trying to decide what to do on our last day in town. :) Might be a Downtown Disney kinda day.

·
Registered
377 Posts
In SE Tennessee/NW Georgia, the temp is low 50's the rain is pouring down and we are told to expect snow flurries by nightfall.  Should really make for a fun afternoon commute home.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
It is a warm 79 and sunny here in Miami. No cool weather in sight for a while.
ScrappingForever said:
Cloudy and warm here in Orlando today. The rain is just starting today and we're trying to decide what to do on our last day in town. :) Might be a Downtown Disney kinda day.
Try NASA at the Cape, there are lots of malls and outlets in the area, the Morse Museum in Winter Park has a great collection of Tiffany glass. There is lots to do in Orlando that isn't mouse related. :)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Gables Girl said:
It is a warm 79 and sunny here in Miami. No cool weather in sight for a while.

Try NASA at the Cape, there are lots of malls and outlets in the area, the Morse Museum in Winter Park has a great collection of Tiffany glass. There is lots to do in Orlando that isn't mouse related. :)
Isn't Winter Park where they have the toy museum? It's a beautiful little town.

At 6am it was 71 degrees, but windy and damp. Not looking forward to tonight when it's going to be cold and rainy. I'm taking Mom and the grandkids to the Christmas concert at the school tonight then we'll take a tour of the Christmas lights in that area.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Since its not windy today, its warm enough to wear capris outside this morning. I am working off of two hours of sleep and have a essay (which only the first sentence done) to write. So far I have yet to have breakfast, but I am about to sneak off get myself a four shot espresso pumkin latte or peppermint mocha latte to fuel me through the day. right now I have 16 hours and three minutes until my essay is due. Laters

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
OK... lets give this a try. I am on my smartphone and thought I would see how KB works in mobile mode!

It is sunny and cold this morning. Temp is still in the high 30's. I am helping my mom at her church with their monthly Sr Adult luncheon. I will be here for most of the day. I will check back in with y'all this evening. Have a blessed day!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
gertiekindle said:
Isn't Winter Park where they have the toy museum? It's a beautiful little town.
If it's the one I'm thinnking of they moved to I Drive and then closed it. Winter Park is as close to old Florida as you can get in the Orlando area.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Gables Girl said:
If it's the one I'm thinking of they moved to I Drive and then closed it. Winter Park is as close to old Florida as you can get in the Orlando area.
That's a shame. It was a great place.

Vegas_Asian said:
Since its not windy today, its warm enough to wear capris outside this morning. I am working off of two hours of sleep and have a essay (which only the first sentence done) to write. So far I have yet to have breakfast, but I am about to sneak off get myself a four shot espresso pumkin latte or peppermint mocha latte to fuel me through the day. right now I have 16 hours and three minutes until my essay is due. Laters
How times change. We used to take straight caffeine pills and you get to have peppermint mocha latte.

441 - 460 of 34406 Posts