Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new novel from the author of War of the Second Iteration.

Of all the worlds in the multiverse, Adrathea is the last David Render would willingly revisit. What happened there broke his heart and drove him to retire from the UN Multiverse Survey. To hang up his sword forever.

Then Treyvar of the Alvehn brings disturbing news. Adrathea is in peril, and David's old comrade needs his help to stop a rogue Alvehn from usurping the throne and ruling the planet forever as an immortal tyrant. To set things right, David must return to the one place he never wants to see again.

But Adrathea is a world to which David's fate is bound by the most intimate of ties. He has no choice. Adrathea calls, and he must answer.

The Gryphon Stone
The Autobiography of David K. Render, Colonel, UNMS Retired
by Thomas Watson

Special limited time new release price of $0.99 (regular price $3.99).

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Welcome to KBoards, Or Welcome Back ;) OR Hi, glad you're still here. :D Congratulations on the book! :)

Much of what follows you should already be aware of, as it was included in the information you agreed to when you signed up. So please consider this to be just a friendly reminder. :) (The posting of this 'welcome letter' doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference, so we post this note in every thread in the Bazaar. :) )

KBoards is a fan forum for Readers, Writers and Kindle Lovers. Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function or the Kboards bookmark tool available on each thread) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On sale for $0.99 for the next three days - January 5th, 6th, &7th. (Regular price $3.99)

The Gryphon Stone

When the ancient partnership between gryphons and humans is compromised, the alternate Earth called Adrathea becomes a world in peril. Only David Render and Treyvar of the Alvehn can save it.

But Adrathea is the one world of the multiverse David never wants to see again. If Adrathea calls, will he answer?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From both the left and the right, armed men with the sign of the Regent on their tabards rushed toward us. Rifles were raised, but a voice from the group on our right shouted, "Alive! Take them alive!" The words carried through the noise of battle as if amplified. The shout had come from a short, stout fellow dressed in the pseudo-Edwardian style we'd seen in Morvain. Around his neck was a gold chain with heavy links, supporting a pale blue stone.

It was the empathy bridge. The Gryphon Stone.

The Regent paused and the troops with him, all of them with the wide-shouldered look of Moj, came at us. From the other side came the shouted order to stand; they would let the Moj handle us, it seemed.

"Trey, it's been a privilege," I shouted.

"You always say that at times like this!"

I looked at Sid and saw a crazed grin on her face. The Alvehn blade that had claimed her suddenly lit up with a flash like lightning, and with a wild cry she rushed our foes. Trey and I were less than a step behind her, and so fierce was the light from our swords that the Moj actually hesitated.

We never got there.

The Gryphon Stone

On sale this weekend for $0.99

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Of all the worlds in the multiverse, Adrathea is the last David Render would willingly revisit. What happened there broke his heart and drove him to retire from the UN Multiverse Survey. To hang up his sword forever.

Then Treyvar of the Alvehn brings disturbing news. Adrathea is in peril, and David's old comrade needs his help to stop a rogue Alvehn from usurping the throne and ruling the planet forever as an immortal tyrant. To set things right, David must return to the one place he never wants to see again.

But Adrathea is a world to which David's fate is bound by the most intimate of ties. He has no choice. Adrathea calls, and he must answer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Okay Thomas...

I go check this out...

You reviews sounds really interesting...

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When the ancient partnership between gryphons and humans is compromised, the alternate Earth called Adrathea becomes a world in peril. Only David Render and Treyvar of the Alvehn can save it.

But Adrathea is the one world of the multiverse David never wants to see again. If Adrathea calls, will he answer?

$0.99 through November 11th. (Regular price $3.99)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've seen plenty of gryphons in my time, but this one was exceptional. She was magnificent! And she was, in fact, the gryphon who had spoken to me the night of the manticore attack. The youngster was the gryphon Sid and I had set free.

They waited for us to make a move.

"Gryphon friend," Trey whispered.

A shiver went up my spine. "Right. I've got this." I stepped forward to meet her. The sword on my back was quiet; it detected no threat. That was reassuring. If these gryphons were hostile, my life was about to end. I walked forward anyway, realizing as I did that if it was my death they wanted, I would probably be dead already. Trey and Sid followed, one step back, trusting my judgment in the matter. I stopped us just out of reach of an easy lunge, unbuckled my sword, and set it on the ground. Using forms remembered from years past, I stepped over the sword and held my hands out to each side, empty. "Let there be peace between us."

One of the vanguard gryphons, a handsome golden brown, black-maned fellow who still had the mostly red eyes of youth, hissed something I didn't catch. The matriarch turned her head and glared at him, but didn't make a sound. He swiftly lowered his head in submission.

"There is peace between us," she said in that hissing, sibilant version of human speech the gryphons can manage. Looking the other way, she addressed the youngest gryphon. "This is truly the one?"

"Yes, Mother," he replied. "This is the man who set me free. That woman was with him. The Alvehn was not there."

She looked straight at me, the pupils of her ruddy-gold eyes like polished obsidian. "You saved the life of my child," she said. "For that I must give thanks, though I do wonder why you did so."

"It was the right thing to do, Matriarch," I replied. So this was her child? "I knew his fate would be a terrible one. I couldn't allow it to happen."

"You told him you are Daffyd Outworlder, returned at last."

"I spoke the truth, Matriarch. I am that man." I gestured to my right and then my left. "My companions are Treyvar Olvanak of the Alvehn, and Sidraytha of the Isles of Wulde." They both bowed to her.

There was a pause, then the gryphon said, "I am..." What was said then was in gryphon speech, and transcribing that is difficult. Think the cries of eagles mixed with the warbles of song birds and the roar of a lion. That I've learned to understand any of it at all is one of the things that earned me my status with these creatures, on Adrathea at least. And I understood enough of what she said that I immediately went down on one knee and bowed my head to show proper respect in the human fashion. Trey did the same, as did Sid, albeit a heartbeat slower, since she almost certainly didn't understand what the gryphon had said.

The phrase holy [crap] reverberated through my mind.

This wasn't just the Matriarch of a single gryphon line. She was the Matriarch of all the gryphons.

She was their Queen!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

On sale today for just a dollar.

*Available through Kindle Unlimited*

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
From both the left and the right, armed men with the sign of the Regent on their tabards rushed toward us. Rifles were raised, but a voice from the group on our right shouted, "Alive! Take them alive!" The words carried through the noise of battle as if amplified. The shout had come from a short, stout fellow dressed in the pseudo-Edwardian style we'd seen in Morvain. Around his neck was a gold chain with heavy links, supporting a pale blue stone.

It was the empathy bridge. The Gryphon Stone.

The Regent paused and the troops with him, all of them with the wide-shouldered look of Moj, came at us. From the other side came the shouted order to stand; they would let the Moj handle us, it seemed.

"Trey, it's been a privilege," I shouted.

"You always say that at times like this!"

I looked at Sid and saw a crazed grin on her face. The Alvehn blade that had claimed her suddenly lit up with a flash like lightning, and with a wild cry she rushed our foes. Trey and I were less than a step behind her, and so fierce was the light from our swords that the Moj actually hesitated.

We never got there.

The Gryphon Stone

Available from Amazon and through Kindle Unlimited.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts