Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local noon news weather reporter has just breatlessly announced that temperatures will be dropping now that we're well into November. It's one of those "no s***" moments that would have me laughing, if not for the fact that winter makes it so much more difficult for Mrs. Ten to get out of the house.

B

·
0 Posts
"When Chekhov saw the long winter, he saw a winter bleak and dark and bereft of hope. Yet we know that winter is just another step in the cycle of life. But standing here among the people of Punxsutawney and basking in the of warmth of their hearths and hearts, I couldn't imagine a better fate than a long and lustrous winter."

·
Registered
426 Posts
Its 31 here in Michigan.  I spent the morning with people that were complaining about the weather.  That was one of the no sh** moments too.  You live in Michigan people -- it gets cold here.  ::)

·
Registered
195 Posts
I moved to ATL in large part because I hated winter up in Connecticut and New York. Down here, they think snow is a treat!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
"When Chekhov saw the long winter, he saw a winter bleak and dark and bereft of hope. Yet we know that winter is just another step in the cycle of life. But standing here among the people of Punxsutawney and basking in the of warmth of their hearths and hearts, I couldn't imagine a better fate than a long and lustrous winter."
Ah, Groundhog Day. Definitely a classic. A few years ago, one of the stations ran it for 24 hours straight. I watched it about four times.

B

·
0 Posts
gertiekindle said:
Ah, Groundhog Day. Definitely a classic. A few years ago, one of the stations ran it for 24 hours straight. I watched it about four times.
I finally had to break down and buy it because it seems that none of the movie channels I get will actually show it on Feb. 2. :mad:

Of course, I watch it the rest of the year, too. :D

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
I finally had to break down and buy it because it seems that none of the movie channels I get will actually show it on Feb. 2. :mad:

Of course, I watch it the rest of the year, too. :D
I don't know why I haven't bought it yet. I watch it every time it comes on. Maybe I'll break down after Christmas.

B

·
0 Posts
LR just shakes her head every time I put the movie on. She feels like once you've seen the film the first time, you've already seen it twenty times. ;)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It's been in the high 70's-low 80's here for weeks. We are going to get a cooling though...mid-60's next week.
Boy, California sure does need some of that winter chill and rain here, for sure! Us water-rationers so envy you.

Teninx, I didn't know Mrs. Teninx wasn't feeling well, I will add her to my prayer journal for healing - that I am obviously just starting now with reading about a few of our sick members.

Xia, said a prayer for you last night/early morning, will add you in for healing as well.

I must live on some other planet, never saw groundhog day, but will check it out when it airs.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Khabita we definitely think of it as a treat here in Alabama. If that ugly four letter word starting with a s*** is mentioned, every grocery store here is out of bread and milk in a few hours. Oh yeah, we all look forward to not working the next day too since we don't know how to drive if there is a dusting. LOL

·
Registered
829 Posts
Boycott winter!! 

Oh how I wish I could sometimes....  Tennix....  My car was all icy this morning when I left the house at 6:30 AM.  I was not happy!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for your prayers, Sailor. Mrs. Ten is afflcted with MS and needs a lot of assistance.

Kirstin, it's only gonna get worse  :mad:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Its currently 80 degrees here in my part of AZ.  It a beautiful sunny day with very few clouds, and those are the fluffy kind.  It was 57 when I drove in to work at 5 am, so I cant really complain.  I'm glad to live in a place that's warm though, my husband has this crazy idea that we should go camping this weekend.  Desert rat that I am I'm already complaining that it gets too cold at night to go camping.

rla1996    

·
Registered
795 Posts
Currently 24 degrees F. and snowy here in upstate NY. Almost balmy compared to tonight's low which is supposed to be 0. This is what I call build a fire in the fireplace and read your kindle weather. And just think--winter doesn't even start for four more weeks!

(This probably qualifies as a bump-up-my-total-of posts post: I am shy by nature and feel like I've been talking my head off on this board but no matter how much I say I can't seem to move beyond this darn newbie status. How do you guys who have posted over a thousand times do it??!? I'm starting to get laryngitis of the fingers here...)

1 - 20 of 68 Posts