Kindle Forum banner

THE KINDLE GOD's REVENGE - I HAVE SINNED part#2

4K views 50 replies 28 participants last post by  kim 
#1 ·
For those of you pagans who think there are no Kindle Gods, beware. After my sinning (see I HAVE SINNED - part#1), I went to do some work in my shop. Now I have a very funny, but exasperating dog (think Marly from the book/movie). A few days ago she destroyed my Kindle 1 power supply. Luckily, since my wife and I both have K1s, I had another power supply. I pulled it out and sprayed "Bitter Apple" (tastes like sh*t to dogs or humans) all over it. Everything was fine again until my SIN. When I came in from outside, she had eaten my 2nd power supply, Bitter Apple and all. Now we have no power supply. When our Kindles run down, we're finished. Rushed to Amazon to order 3 power supples with super fast shipping. I figure they might last at least 2 weeks before she eats them. Does anyone know how long the Kindle God's curse stays on?

Steve

#4 ·
I am thinking it may be time to move the dog treats power supplies to some place she can't reach. Good luck!

#7 ·
I think redemption is around the corner Steve...there is hope ;) Bitter apple does not work, I repeat...does not work!!! I sprayed it on my walls, molding, table legs, chair legs...did it stop Max and Jonni??? No. We have a hole in the wall, not a hole in the bucket, new molding chewed away, table and chair legs gnawed away... Oh, did I mention that bitter apple doesn't work?

#9 ·
chynared21 said:
I think redemption is around the corner Steve...there is hope ;) Bitter apple does not work, I repeat...does not work!!! I sprayed it on my walls, molding, table legs, chair legs...did it stop Max and Jonni??? No. We have a hole in the wall, not a hole in the bucket, new molding chewed away, table and chair legs gnawed away... Oh, did I mention that bitter apple doesn't work?
Don't keep me in suspense - did you find something that does work? Please, pretty please with Kindles on it.

Steve

#10 ·
Oh crap, you are making me rethink buying both versions of Jim Butchers next Dresden book which is coming out in a couple of days.

To be fair I already had the DTB version on pre-order before I got my K2.

#11 ·
Forster said:
Oh crap, you are making me rethink buying both versions of Jim Butchers next Dresden book which is coming out in a couple of days.

To be fair I already had the DTB version on pre-order before I got my K2.
Love the Dresden Files series. Have read the first 10 so far. Have not preordered the new one yet. I am hoping (I know it's a false hope) that the price may come down shortly after it becomes available. $14.27 is so expensive. I will pay it if I have to, but I still hope it will fall to $9.95. Of course I also am hoping that the tooth fairly will pay me a visit and give me a bulk bonus for all the teeth that I have. So what, I'm an idiot, but I'm a nice idiot. :)

Steve

#13 ·
Thank goodness the KK power adapters were back in stock.  I have been watching for a while to get a second one so I can carry one around and leave one at the house.  I think I checked Thursday or Friday and they were still out.
Now sit back, relax and enjoy your great book (even if it's not the Kindle version).

#14 ·
It must be how electronics seek revenge!  I experienced the same thing with my phone this weekend.  I've been spending less time with my smart phone since I got my K.  I caught the dog chewing on the phone cable, I moved it (yea, I have bitter apple too), and pretty soon I caught her chewing it again.  Nope I can't sync anymore.  

I'm not sure why our electronics choose self mutilation as a way to remind us of how much we love and need them.  

#16 ·
Leslie said:
Oh you sinner you, go off and order two or three of these asap.

And sign up for amazon prime so you get free two day shipping.

They work great! Thanks for posting about the cable earlier, Leslie.

#18 ·
Well I don't know how it would work for power supplies but we used to have a neighbor dog that liked one particular bush in our back yard and he was killing the bush.  The neighbors showed no interest in keeping their dog out of our yard, so my mom took matters in to her own hands and sprinkled the bush liberally with Cayenne pepper.  He took one sniff of that (they always seem to sniff first), took off for home and never went near that bush again.  It so happened that my mom was on the phone with the neighbor when the dog came by for his "lesson".  She saw him get his education and when he showed up at home they were still on the line.  The neighbor told my mom "there's something wrong with Conrad, he's snorting and gasping.  I'll have to talk to you latter."  My mom deviously never let on a thing, she just said "Oh, okay, I'll talk to you later" while smiling to herself on the other end of the line.

#21 ·
JennSpot said:
If you pup is that much of a chewer, I would suggest crating her when she isn't in your line of sight. Give her a large kong toy stuffed with peanut butter and she will be a happy camper and your power supply will be safer.
Kong toys are great! My miniature schnauzer (name is Britt - see my avatar) wasn't a chewer but she loves her Kong. She still gets one every night with a small Milk Bone pushed all the way into the end the small red Kong so that she has to work to get it out.

The Kong is very hard rubber. If your dog is larger, the black one is the strongest. I've never seen a dog chew through one. Even with her razor sharp little teeth, Britt's red Kong looks like new.

Steve,

Is your dog a puppy? When Britt was a puppy, I used to freeze wet terry cloth rags tied in knots, and let her chew on them to ease the pain of teething. Most dogs start chewing because they are teething, then it becomes a habit.

Good luck with your new power supplies.

#25 ·
stevene9 said:
Leslie, I wasn't aware of these. I assume that they work with the Kindle 1?

Steve
I am not Leslie, but yes, it works great with the Klassic Kindle. I saw where she recommended this cable a while back and ordered it. It has become my favored method of charging my Kindle and also allows you to access the computer via the USB portion at the same time, if you want.

#26 ·
DD said:
Steve,

Is your dog a puppy? When Britt was a puppy, I used to freeze wet terry cloth rags tied in knots, and let her chew on them to ease the pain of teething. Most dogs start chewing because they are teething, then it becomes a habit.

Good luck with your new power supplies.
Maggie is 9 months. She seems to be past the furniture chewing and wall chewing stage (after must destruction), but she likes Kindle power supplies. I have other power supplies that don't tempt her. I guess she likes to read.

Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.