Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 342 Posts

·
Banned
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The entire Assassin Chronicles series has been up-dated, tweaked, discounted and revamped. Some even have new covers. Now is the time to start the adventure.

Short Description with anomalous comments:
The main character is one of twelve Council members for the internal circle of the secret Templar Order that has survived the crusades, the Inquisition and banishment over the centuries. They are the ones who know where everything is hidden. The Chevalier Ramsay is a hair-triggered Scotsman from the lowlands who ran away from home back in... oh, about 1180 AD (pardon the use of an old term. I prefer Anno Domine to Common Era because I believe that there is absolutely nothing common about our current era).

Anyway, Mark Ramsay, is called to serve in one of his mystical capacities as Assassin for the Order and sent off to America (known as Merica to those in the know) to fetch back the Grand Master's apprentice who has decided to leave the Order and take up with a rival order. Our fellows, being both ancient and arrogant have little regard for this silly modern order of pretenders and vastly underestimate their high priestess's motivations, means and madness.

He falls prey to her immediately and loses his memory temporarily after a close encounter with her body guard. While under the influence of a debilitating drug, he forgets who he is and what he's doing in America in the first place. One of his captor's, the leading lady as it turns out, has things on her mind other than the secrets of the philosopher's stone and immortality. After a while, he finds himself falling in love only to learn that he is actually 837 years old and supposed to be a celibate monk.

Eventually his Brothers of the Order come after him, thinking him to be a deserter as well. The action heats up as he has to fight his captors and his own Brothers for his life. There's lots of action, love and blood. The best combination for a good yarn. Happy reading.

There are thirty books in the series published for Amazon Kindle, eBooks on Smashwords and available in paperback format from Createspace and Amazon.com. Questions, comments and banter is welcome both here and on my blogs. None of my works cost more than $1.49. All of the series is available for $.99 each or $1.49 for the omnibus Red Cross of Gold Books I & II to get you started at an even greater discount.

My fan page at Facebook is at: facebook.com/BrendanCarrollRCG.

I have a website at http://brendan-carroll.com where I occasionally post blogs about all sorts of inane subjects.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Brendan Carroll said:
Just to let everyone know that I have reduced the price of the Red Cross of Gold series to $1.99. Unfortunately, being totally non-savvy, I didn't click the publish button and so now that I have clicked properly, we should all breathe easier that my books will be available in these 'troubled times'. Hey, I just want people to read and enjoy my books because I put so much into writing them for entertainment. If you get something else out of them... wonderful. Let me hear from you! Sincerely Yours.
Thanks for slashing your price, now more people can AFFORD to read! Can't wait to get your newest book.

·
Banned
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're so sweet, Miss Meredith, I like the way you use that word 'slasher'.  As you know, my leading male character does a lot of slashing in his role as Assassin for the Red Cross of Gold.  Assassin is his his primary role, hence the title:  Knight of Death.  His secondary role is as Alchemist for the order and he is quite an adept after 800 years.  However, even at his advanced age, he is still unable to keep his vows of celibacy.  This is how he gets in trouble with Miss Meredith in the first place. 

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
They are half way there, the Digital list price is now at 1.99, but the Kindle price still says 7.99!

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
We understand how hard it is to get everything just the way you want it on the Amazon site.
Let us know when it has been made the way you want it and we will go back.
And post reviews here on KB.

·
Banned
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
crebel said:
Everything is still coming up at $7.99 - I will keep an eye out for the "sale" price!
Thanks for looking! I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience. Yesterday, it said, 1-2 hours. Hmmmmm. Maybe they are.... working........on...........slower....................time................drives........................than.....................us. ::)

·
Banned
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MAGreen said:
They are half way there, the Digital list price is now at 1.99, but the Kindle price still says 7.99!
And thanks for the update. Halfway there is like a half-full glass held under the faucet, I guess, unless it's upsidedown. Yeah, I know, I'm a comedian :-\. Love talking to you though. Keep helping me look, I appreciate it greatly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I will look into the book later. I finally managed to crawl to the last page of Angels & Demons and am now ready for a good book.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
TheAutomaton said:
I will look into the book later. I finally managed to crawl to the last page of Angels & Demons and am now ready for a good book.
Brendan,

Well, book II is now $1.59, so maybe it won't be long for the rest of them to catch up!

Can't wait for the next book....

·
Banned
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know what the problem is.  Looks like all of them will eventually change over.  Only three left at the old price.  Please bear with me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Brendan Carroll said:
I don't know what the problem is. Looks like all of them will eventually change over. Only three left at the old price. Please bear with me.
JUst found this thread. I liked your "snippet" but it got all blacked-out on my response to it. What was that about? was is too many words or something in the contents of the snippet? I thought it sold your book. Made me want to buy it anyway. Who would not want to read about a knight falling in love with a pretty girl? Hmmmm... did you use any BAD words? cause I saw the term "BJ" on another snippet and THAT actually surprised me, could not believe that it was allowed. I don't know, but I guess you do.

·
Banned
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the concern.  I don't know what happened, Mike.  But BJ?  What are you talking about?! :eek: I must have missed something quite exciting.  But yeah, I think maybe it was edited for content, whatever that means.  I don't want to think negatively, so I'll just say 'It was too good for them, laddie!"   ;D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yay!

Now, even poor college kids can read your book(s) now...

My fave character, who doesn't seem to get ANY respect is Lucio... What's up with that action?!  ??? :p

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
celiaisawesome said:
Yay!

Now, even poor college kids can read your book(s) now...

My fave character, who doesn't seem to get ANY respect is Lucio... What's up with that action?! ??? :p
Hey! I could not agree more... he IS AWESOME... but... ya gotta give poor Mark a break, he works so hard! And at a thankless job too. Nice to see another fan here, I have been reading the books since the first EBook in 2000! Just hope Kindle helps to get the rest of them published. I am on the 10th one in paperback... unfortunately it's not available in Kindle form yet. He also wrote a good time-travel book about Mozart, but I lost it in a move... LOVED, loved, LoVed that one. Not on Kindle either... :mad:

·
Banned
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, Meredith, for the plug even though the book has been out of print for a year... make that several years.  I'm going to get it on here.  You'll see.  You'll be sorry... I mean, no! I don't want you to be sorry, I want you to love it like Mort loved it before he even read it, he loved it!!! ;D

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Brendan Carroll said:
Thanks, Meredith, for the plug even though the book has been out of print for a year... make that several years. I'm going to get it on here. You'll see. You'll be sorry... I mean, no! I don't you to be sorry, I want you to love it like Mort loved it before he even read it, he loved it!!! ;D
&, & who is MORT again...

·
Banned
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awwwww now lassie, you know Mort is that annoying little lemur from Madagascar.  Remember, the one who likes King Julien's feet? ::)

·
Banned
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey, I just want to thank everyone for the interest in my novels and let everyone know that I have just added The Red Cross of Gold IX: the Queen of the Abyss to the list. It's listed at the same low sales price as the others. Happy Reading and I really mean that from the bottom of my ink well! ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
He has one about time travel too?!

Well...*taps foot, waiting impatiently* When will it be available on here?!

I can't read books unless they're in digital form! :) What can I say? I'm in the techno-gen. :)

Let us know when it makes the switch over?!

1 - 20 of 342 Posts