Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first book, The Legend of the Hermit Master, is now out on kindle for $0.99. You can find out more information on why I wanted to write this particular book at my blog.

Dogs, the forgotten heroes! - http://hermitmaster.blogspot.com/2011/07/dogs-forgotten-heroes.html

Darkness has fallen upon the mountain forest. The magical animals have been kidnapped by an evil organisation hell bent on retracting the crystal of time, destroying the forest spirits and the ancient Never Ending Forest. The legendary crystal mage, The Hermit Master, sets off on a daring journey with the newly born pup, Katie, and his blind granddaughter, Tamara. It is a race against time. Can they save their friends from the evil crystal mage, Isabella, before it's too late?

The Legend of the Hermit Master is a story of friendship, courage, self-discovery and magic. It touches upon growing up with disabilities, losing loved ones, but also holds the core lessons of not talking to strangers, telling friends and families where you are going, treat others how you want to be treated and most of all, always do the right thing. An uplifting and positive story that inspires children and young adults to aim for their dreams and protect what is important to them.

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Simon,

Welcome to KindleBoards and congratulations on your book!

KindleBoards is a Kindle fan and reader forum. As you browse KindleBoards, keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed in the Book Bazaar. (You've posted your book thread in the right place; this is just our standard reminder. :))

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then. You may modify the latest post to reflect new information.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,36.0.html. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am really happy with all the positive responces to the blogs. Thank you so much for leaving your dog stories, cat stories and sharing your memories with me. I am also so grateful for the glowing five star review on amazon. That really made my week. Feel free to stop by the site and check out the blogs.

Dogs, the forgotten heroes

How cunning is your cat?

Living with Disabilities

Harry Potter, Rincewind & You <--- http://hermitmaster.blogspot.com/2011/08/harry-potter-rincewind-you.html

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A fantastic five star review on amazon U.K! Thank you very much. Extinction will be coming out very soon, a free short story that is set three years before the novel. So grateful for all the great feedback that I am having. I love the fact that adults are connecting with the story and that peoples kids are really into it too. It is out now for only $0.99 and a fun magical adventure.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It has been a fantastic week. The legend of the hermit master had some amazing reviews and also climbed into the U.S bestsellers list on kindle for Childrens Book, which was so exciting. The story follows a group of magical animals trying to save the Never Ending Forest from a wicked crystal mage. The story is fast paced, funny and very exciting. It was inspired by my old dog, Katie, that saved me when I was a little boy and movies such as Labyrinth, Willow & Flight of the Navigator.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Legend of the Hermit Master is a fun magical adventure for all dog lovers and animal lovers. The story follows, Katie, a puppy that joins forces with the Legendary Hermit Master to rescue her late parents friends from an evil crystal mage hell bent on destroying the Never Ending Forest and taking over the world. This is a story perfect for children and adults with some really strong messages about courage, friendship and working towards your dreams!

http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Hermit-Master-ebook/dp/B005ECTROY/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1311598629&sr=1-1

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Kato Weekly Mail

Dog Saves Chicken from Certain Death

Pierre's restaurant, located in Kato City, was the scene of an incredible event.

"I was working at my section when I heard a loud clattering on the ground. I couldn't believe my eyes. A small dog had pulled one of the chicken cages off the counter," said Luca, an assistant chef.

There is some speculation that the chicken in question was one of several animals stolen from a farm. Pierre's restaurant strongly denies these claims.

"All our produce comes from local distributors," said restaurant owner, Pierre.

Even though the identity of the chicken has not been confirmed it is believed to be, Eddie, an associate of the legendary, Hermit Master. It is no coincidence to learn that the, Hermit Master, was in the city at the time of the raid. Additionally he was spotted on the premises of, Pierre's restaurant, only twenty minutes before the event happened.

"I was enjoying a nice dinner with my, Granddaughter, at a fantastic restaurant," explained the Wold Magic Champion. When pushed on the point of his kidnapped animals, he added. "We have limited information on their location, but we hope to have them home soon enough."

The Hermit Master was later seen leaving the city with his granddaughter, a small dog and a chicken.

For more information on this story check out "The Legend of the Hermit Master"

http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Hermit-Master-ebook/dp/B005ECTROY/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1311598629&sr=1-1

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I was growing up I was inspired by fantastic movies like Labyrinth, Never Ending Story, Innerspace, Willow and The Witches. These amazing stories were the source of my motivation. It is why I went into writing. If you love these memorable movies check out the Kindle U.K bestselling novel "The Legend of the Hermit Master" the epic magical adventure for kids, teens and adults.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will keep this blog short, as I don't want to take up too much of your time, or be too soppy. I took down a box from the attic today and found loads of old CD's inside. They are mostly theme tunes of T.V shows or movies that I burned onto C.D when I was a kid, but when I played the CD's they brought back really happy memories. They reminded me of things I haven't thought about in years, but allowed me to remember them in great detail.

They reminded me of my two best friends growing up, Danny and Mark, and all the crazy adventures we used to go on. They reminded me of sleep over's where we stayed up all night laughing like lunatics. They reminded me on my Grandma and all the fun I used to have seeing all my cousins, aunties and uncles up in Liverpool. They reminded me of Katie and Tess, my old dogs, and some of the amazing sights I have witnessed in my life. One song in particular brought back a memory I haven't thought about in a long time.

It was the day I was sat out in the new forest. I was listening to my I-Pod. I was miles away from the nearest town. It was a beautiful summer's day. My bike was up against the tree. I was sat with my back against the tree. It was just a lovely day and then out of nowhere a stag, with massive antlers, walked into the clearing. He must have been five foot from me. I just sat in silence, as this beautiful creature stood before me.

I am not one to dwell on the past. I embrace the past. I embrace the good things and the very bad things. My beautiful Lakeland Terrier Katie was my world. My family picked her up when I was one years old. Aged six she saved me when I was attack by a dog. We were joined at the hip. She was my best friend and my partner in crime. All of my happiest memories involve Katie. Thinking about the savage attack that killed her, aged eighteen, still breaks my heart to this day, but the C.D's in this box just brought back so many memories of her.

I wrote, The Legend of the Hermit Master, to keep her memory alive. It was a way for me to come to terms with her death. Of course she died eight years ago, but I would be so upset every time I thought about her. I remember someone saying "Who would want to read a book about a dog?" but the point wasn't to sell books. I wanted to do something for my best friend and now I can think about Katie and smile. I get so many e-mails from readers saying how they can feel how much I loved Katie and that most end up in tears because of the emotional content in the book. I think it is because every dog lover or cat lover has lost a precious friend in their lives and they relate to the emotions in the story.

So, I will leave you with one of my favourite pieces of music from my childhood. It is from Final Fantasy 7. A game I used to play when I was a kid, but I played this song a million times on my I-pod. This song brings back so many memories of Katie. I would love to hear your stories too. Can you remember the happiest moment from your childhood? Where were you? Who were you with? What were you doing there? And why does that one memory stay with you to this day?

Thank you for listening to me talk about Katie.

Stop by my blog to check out the song or to leave your own memories, as I would really love to hear them.

http://hermitmaster.wordpress.com/2011/12/08/can-you-remember-the-happiest-moment-of-your-childhood/

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My bestselling fantasy adventure novel, The Legend of the Hermit Master, went free on kindle yesterday and will remain free for today. I have been absolutely shocked by the amount of downloads, reviews, comments and tweets that the book has been given. I am just so happy that so many people are enjoying the story. I wanted to make it free before Christmas, as it is my way of gifting everyone that has been so kind and supportive to me this year. So please download a copy of the book. It is free on kindle for today. I really hope you enjoy the adventure.

Simon

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Magical Fantasy Adventure novel, The Legend of the Hermit Master, climbs back into the U.K bestsellers list on amazon kindle. Rated five stars. This book is perfect for kids, teens and adults. Follow Katie, the magical puppy, on her quest to save her friends, the forest spirits and the never ending forest before its too late. It you loved labyrinth & willow then this may be the book for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts