Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone.

My name is Kevis Hendrickson, author of The Legend of Witch Bane. The best way I can describe my book is The Lord of the Rings meets Brothers Grimm fairy tales. I wrote my book to address some concerns I had about the growing violence against children. Instead of writing some boring treatise or magazine article on the subject, I ventured into the realm of fantasy, using my love of classical mythology and folklore to tell a heroic tale that would appeal to people of all ages.

Some reviewers have compared my book to The Hobbit, The Chronicles of Narnia, The Prydain Chronicles, and even Harry Potter. If you would like to learn more about my book before deciding whether or not it's for you, just perform a Google search for The Legend of Witch Bane and you'll have at your disposal several pages of information pertaining to my book including press releases, spotlights, book reviews, and video trailers.

If you are interested in reading my book and would like to download it to your Kindle, then please visit my Amazon Sales page.

For a limited time only, you can download The Legend of Witch Bane to your Kindle for $0.80. Why so cheap? Truth is, I am far more interested in having people read my book than making money right now. So I invite you to take advantage of this limited time offer and enjoy!

Here is the link to my sales page:

Now presenting the teaser trailer for The Legend of Witch Bane:

Thanks everyone. I hope you decide to join me on this adventure and read The Legend of Witch Bane.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Will check it out. And thanks for posting the YouTube trailer.  :)

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pipes676,

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed Witch Bane. I am working hard to make sure the sequel lives up to your expectations. Thanks for joining me on the ride! :)

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd like to take this opportunity to share this review of The Legend of Witch Bane with you:

The Legend of Witch Bane

Reviewed by Celina Cuadro, Book Ideas.com

"Set in the world of Arva, The Legend of Witch Bane tells of the adventures of three young siblings who set forth on a quest to free their kingdom from a powerful and evil overlord. In their pursuit of a means to break the enchantment on their kingdom, they set into motion a series of events that unleashes a great evil and awakens a great hope. The children not only face forces far stronger and skilled than they are, but have to face fears and doubts within themselves.

Kevis Hendrickson's maiden foray into the fantasy genre is an action-packed adventure loaded with epic themes, and yet is still very accessible to a younger audience. The story is packed with many fascinating creatures, from the classic werewolves and dragons to odd ones like the immortal Kinderlings and the forest gardener called a Kifflewop. The story is told from the perspective of a child. I feel this will resonate with younger readers, perhaps inspire them to reach high in their own pursuits. A lot of that has to do with the main protagonists: Prince Kòdobos and Princess Anyr.

The youngest princess, Anyr, is not only the "heart" of the three adventurers, but it is through her that younger readers can relate most to the story. Loved by her two elder siblings, Anyr's contribution to the quest lies in the love she deepens for them, her kingdom, and the people and creatures she encounters. She speaks plainly and frankly, very much like Alice of Alice in Wonderland, and like Alice such plain speech gets her both in and out of trouble with equal frequency! It is her honesty, forthrightness, and prosaic nature that keeps her safe, protects others, and moves her forward despite hardships - all qualities that inspire young readers to commit to Anyr's quest.

Kòdobos, Anyr's full brother, is surprisingly the "head." Surprising because he's the one that rarely thinks before diving into the fray, his passions always propelling him forward even before he understands the situation. But in Kòdobos we will see the transition, the growth: he develops from a young boy with a half-thought plan to save his kingdom, into a determined boy-king. Aware of his enemy's strength, knowing that failure is possible - but not acceptable - for the sake of those he loves and protects. Younger readers straining to "grow up" will be able to relate with Kòdobos struggles, failures, and insights.

There is a third sibling, a half-sibling, who stands as the most tragic creature of this tale. I am especially moved by the pain in the life of the half-fairy Princess Laris. Ostracized by everyone, she feels prejudices keenly; exploited by those who knew of her nature, she becomes distrustful of everyone; and orphaned by those she held dear, she grows bitter and frightened and determined to be alone. She is a lesson for all readers of this tale - the fantasy genre equivalent of teen angst writ large, causing great suffering as she attempts to understand and transcend all the pain in her life.

I enjoyed Hendrickson's tale for the sadness and poignancy that gives character and personality to an otherwise excellent swashbuckling adventure. I was entertained by his way of keeping the adventure awe-inspiring, while at the same time accommodating silliness and interesting twists. I encourage readers of all ages to sample the wonders of Arva and hear the amazing tale of these unique children."

For a limited-time only, The Legend of Witch Bane is available to Kindle owners for the low price of 99 cents. This special offer will not last forever, so get your copy of The Legend of Witch Bane for 99 cents while you can.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I want to thank everyone here on Kindle Boards for their wonderful support. A number of you have expressed your desire to read the sequel to The Legend of Witch Bane. I assure you that I am working hard to complete the sequel within a reasonable time as well as make certain that it meets, if not exceeds, the expectations of my readers.

In the meantime, The Legend of Witch Bane is still available to Kindle owners for the low price of 99 cents.

Download your copy today and enjoy!

http://www.amazon.com/The-Legend-of-Witch-Bane/dp/B001U3YKRU/ref=ed_oe_o

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello everyone. I'd like to share the latest review of The Legend of Witch Bane with you all:

"5-Star Review

Review-Diane Wright, March 12, 2009

By Diane L. Wright (Salmon, Idaho USA) -

The writing style of Kevin Hendrickson is reminiscent of Mark Twain for a younger generation. Comfortable and friendly, this reader felt as if she was sitting on the couch in her pajamas, being told a story before bedtime. Being completely caught up in the tale I did not put it down from the first page until the last.

The message of the book for me, for it does contain many, could be summed up in words of the future image of Kòdobos self in the cave of dreams: "When put to it, most people would rather die than sacrifice the thing they love most. But what if the thing they love most is the thing they must sacrifice?" In order to save the kingdom many choices were placed before them. If they did not make the right ones their quest would fail and every hardship faced for naught.

It is refreshing to find a writer that does not talk down to the reader and appreciates the beauty of English language. Although some of the words used in his books are not commonly used by the youth of today, they will not be learned if they never are. I did not find them to be so excessive that they would cause a stumbling block to anyone.

The characters continued to unfold from beginning to end. Introduced in an interesting fashion, I was eager to know more. As Kevis fleshed them out, I was obliged. Through their many adventures I continued to get close to them until as I turned the final page I was disappointed to say good-bye to my friends."

For a limited-time only, Kindle owners can download The Legend of Witch Bane for the low introductory price of 99 cents. That's right. For less than the price of a cheeseburger, you can enjoy The Legend of Witch Bane. The Legend of Witch Bane is also available in paperback.

I'll be winding down my 99 cent book offer very soon, so I invite those of you who would like to download a copy of The Legend of Witch Bane to Kindle for less than a buck to do so as soon as you can.

Thanks everyone and enjoy.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts