Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been meaning to get around to seeing the pilot of this one. Amazon had a bunch of show pilots available to watch and viewers could vote on which one should get a full season. I thought this one sounded great, although I was not familiar with the novel. Anyway, I am definitely going to watch now that Amazon says they want a full season: http://io9.com/the-man-in-the-high-castle-gets-series-order-from-amaz-1686515015

Anyone else watch the pilot or see any of the others?

·
Registered
19,901 Posts
OMG!  thank you for posting this.

i adored the pilot (a lot more than the book) and was hoping they would pick it up.  it is a bit violent for my taste, and there are a couple too many subplots in the pilot, but ultimately, it was chilling. 

i watched the teen girl show and also liked that one. 

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
I watched the pilot and definitely wanted to see more, since it's not one of his stories I've read, so I have no idea where it goes. :)

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
Both my husband and I were really interested in watching this and he knew about the book, I didn't. Unfortunately, neither of us ended up liking it. He fell asleep towards the end and I kind of zoned out at the same time. I don't even remember anything about it towards the end. Oh well, I thought the idea was interesting, didn't like the execution and the tone of if.

I should know better. Most anytime anything is done with Nazi's in it, it grates me for various reasons. There are very rare  exemptions to that.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I loved the pilot. I haven't read the novel, so I have nothing to compare it to, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts