Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A huge thank you to everyone who has read my first novel, "The Mill River Recluse." It continues to receive glowing reviews and has recently appeared on the Amazon bestseller lists for literary fiction!

I love to hear from readers and am very appreciative of all constructive criticism. If you haven't checked out "Recluse" or visited my website, please do! Let's keep the momentum building!

The Mill River Recluse

Here is a brief description of the story:

Disfigured by the blow of an abusive husband, and suffering her entire life with severe social anxiety disorder, the widow Mary McAllister spends almost sixty years secluded in a white marble mansion overlooking the town of Mill River, Vermont. Her links to the outside world are few: the mail, the media, an elderly priest with a guilty habit of pilfering spoons, and a bedroom window with a view of the town below.
Most longtime residents of Mill River consider the marble house and its occupant peculiar, though insignificant, fixtures. An arsonist, a covetous nurse, and the endearing village idiot are among the few who have ever seen Mary. Newcomers to Mill River--a police officer and his daughter and a new fourth grade teacher--are also curious about the reclusive old woman. But only Father Michael O'Brien knows Mary and the secret she keeps--one that, once revealed, will change all of their lives forever.
The Mill River Recluse is a story of triumph over tragedy, one that reminds us of the value of friendship and the ability of love to come from the most unexpected of places.

Thank you so much for taking a look!

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Darcie-

Welcome to KindleBoards and congratulations on your book!

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,36.0.html. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Betsy!  This is all helpful information. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an update to promote my novel, The Mill River Recluse. Some recent developments:

Author David Wisehart was kind enough to post an interview with me on his Kindle Author blog. You can read it at http://networkedblogs.com/j849z. A huge thank you to David!

Also, the price of The Mill River Recluse at the Kindle Store is now only $0.99, and reviews have been strong! If you enjoy women's fiction with a historical bent, now is a great time to take a look!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A huge thank you to everyone who has read my first novel, The Mill River Recluse. It continues to receive glowing reviews and has recently appeared on the Amazon bestseller lists for literary fiction!

I love to hear from readers and am very appreciative of all constructive criticism. If you haven't checked out "Recluse" or visited my website, please do! Let's keep the momentum building!

Here is a brief description of the story:

Disfigured by the blow of an abusive husband, and suffering her entire life with severe social anxiety disorder, the widow Mary McAllister spends almost sixty years secluded in a white marble mansion overlooking the town of Mill River, Vermont. Her links to the outside world are few: the mail, the media, an elderly priest with a guilty habit of pilfering spoons, and a bedroom window with a view of the town below.
Most longtime residents of Mill River consider the marble house and its occupant peculiar, though insignificant, fixtures. An arsonist, a covetous nurse, and the endearing village idiot are among the few who have ever seen Mary. Newcomers to Mill River--a police officer and his daughter and a new fourth grade teacher--are also curious about the reclusive old woman. But only Father Michael O'Brien knows Mary and the secret she keeps--one that, once revealed, will change all of their lives forever.
The Mill River Recluse is a story of triumph over tragedy, one that reminds us of the value of friendship and the ability of love to come from the most unexpected of places.

Thank you so much for taking a look!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
Darcie, just read your book and absolutely loved it!  I gave a 5-star review and made some honest, heartfelt  comments which I hope you appreciate.  Congratulation on a wonderful book and I have no doubt that publishers will be snapping at your heels, if they aren't already.  All the very best for the future.

Lexy xxxx

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you so much, Lexy and Chris!! 

Lexy, your review was wonderful -- I so appreciate it, and I am tickled that you enjoyed Recluse!

Also, just wanted to thank everyone else who has read my novel.  The past few weeks have been surreal, and I am so grateful to everyone for giving THE MILL RIVER RECLUSE a chance!

Finally, I wanted to let people know that DailyCheapReads is featuring Recluse today!  If you haven't visited that site, take a look -- they have a ton of recommendations for great ebooks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts