Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2209 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I thought that I would start a thread for all of us to commiserate waiting for our Kindles to arrive, and to post developments on their status, etc. So come on in to commiserate, give helpful hints to pass the time, discuss your wait, etc. And all you members who already have Kindles are welcome too, help us through this trying time in our lives, haha.

I ordered my Kindle on Saturday Nov. 8th, and the expected delivery date is Nov 28 to Dec. 4. It's such a killer wait! I've been mostly following this site every chance I get and trying to only allow myself to check its status on Amazon twice every day. (I'm failing at this so far)

Did anybody else order their Kindle around the same time and/or have a "Ships in Appx 2 to 3 week" notice when they bought it? How long did it take? Some people said it shipped in one week.....I'm just curious.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hiya Kimblee...I got mine within a week but I had paid for 2 day shipping since I had hoped it would arrive before I left for Vegas in August.

I read all I could in Leslie's FAQ thread on Amazon but was about to unsubscribe as the questions just became silly and repetitive...then on the last one that I received in my inbox, I saw Leslie's link to the forum. The rest is history and I'm still learning loads of new things, not only for the Kindle but also neat computer/forum things :)))

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chynared21-

I paid for 2day as well....what day did you place your order?

·
Registered
30 Posts
We placed our order Oct.31.  It FINALLY shipped yesterday.  My husband really wished he would have paid extra for the 2day shipping, because he got tired of me asking about it.  I can't wait!!!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I was told by Kindle Support guy, Paul, that they were out of stock on the day he place a new order for me when my original Kindle decided to take a tour of the US, but I still got that shipment in 4 days. It would have been 2, but the package made it as far as 50 miles away before the weekend and FedEx didn't deliver until Monday. Hang in there... as long as you have the KindleBoards, time will pass quickly. Between the original order placed (with 2 day delivery) and the replacement order, I had to wait 7 days for actual delivery. Being here that week was time well spent!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Kimblee said:
chynared21-

I paid for 2day as well....what day did you place your order?
I ordered on 8/17. It was shipped the next day and it arrived on 8/20. But, this was the day before the $100 off offer (yep, kicking myself still-think of all the books I could have bought!) and the shortage caused by the Oprah overflow :p

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I've got dibs on that one ;) :  the original post with the same title posted months ago (and still resurfaces on the forum with a little help) reads as follows:

I would love to see the excitement of each person opening their brand new Kindle when it is delivered. I remember it all so well:

Looking out the window every 5 minutes:

Knowing what it was when the doorbell rang. Heart pouncing: yessss; it's here...yessss! The UPS man looking at you like you are a member of the Cleaver family as you sing-song...Thaaank youuuu!! Have a nice dayyyy!!!

Then, you want to tear the box open: but you think twice; and ever so gently open it...and Oh!! when you get to the "Kindle box" under all the cardboard; a sight to behold. With caution, you anxiously unpack each side of the "book-like" box trying to memorize exactly where each item was placed.

Next, your heart drops to your feet when you realize you have to wait 2 hours for a charge. You plug it in, and check the time every five minutes. You pace, you keep checking the charge light, you go to Kindlebooks.com, you pace some more...Then magic...the charging light goes out.

Once again, your heart starts to race and your palms start to sweat. Ever so carefully, you hold it as not to smudge the screen. Gently flip the on switch and see the wonderful floating words Amazon Kindle appear; you can't believe your eyes...and then the Welcome, you are reading your first Kindle book. Of course, you nearly die when you see your name personalized on the welcome note.

You eat dinner late, because you were busy with the Kindle; then leave the dishes in the sink...hours and hours later, you're still up in bed, fumbling with Kindle: next page, last page, home, whispernet, flip, flip; scroll, scroll, download, one-click. Soon, you start to get drowsy and figure I better put my precious Kindle down before I fall asleep and roll on it and crack the screen. Reluctantly, you put in within arms-reach next to the bed (not on the bed).

The next morning you are awake BEFORE your alarm because of the Kindle. Flip, flip; scroll, scroll...you don't bother to make the bed...too busy. Oh shoot!! You put Kindle down...jump in the shower, brush your teeth, barely make it to work on time. The whole day at work; your itchy fingers want to pull out the Kindle. After work, sandwhiches or take out for dinner...too busy with the Kindle...no dishes this time; oh no-sir-e.

Later that evening; no tv...no time, too busy; still playing with the Kindle. Next day at work there is the hint of purple under your eyes from lack of sleep for the second night in a row; and once again--you gladly repeat the process. Oh the joy!

Ah the memory... wish I could be a fly on the wall; well, maybe a butterfly...for each person's reaction.
Enjoy!!
(Read the User's Guide...it's pre-loaded into your Kindle). Visit www.SquareTrade.com for 3 year warranty ask for ADH plan (accidental damage in handling).

G

·
Mine was ordered November 7th.  Amazon said it would take 2-3 weeks to ship.  Arrival date is December 1-5. 

I only check on it about every 2 or 3 hours or so...except when I am sleeping.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vampyre said:
Mine was ordered November 7th. Amazon said it would take 2-3 weeks to ship. Arrival date is December 1-5.

I only check on it about every 2 or 3 hours or so...except when I am sleeping.
I ordered mine a day later, and it says I'll get mine between the 28th and the 4th. That's wierd. I have 2 day shipping though... what do you have?

·
Registered
433 Posts
lol sjc. That's how it was for me too.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I ordered it on November 1st (the last day of the Oprah sale), and it was originally set to ship between Nov 24-28, but it mysteriously got bumped back to Nov 28-Dec 2. The first week, I was obsessed waiting for it. Now, I'm still excited but it'll get here when it gets here. :)

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I give you a lot of credit for having patience.  I don't think I could do it without :p looking like that.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Miss Molly said:
Thanks!
I'm going to be so anxious when it ships - I wonder if I should have upgraded to overnight shipping (I have Amazon Prime)? Ahh!! :p
I did. I upgraded. It pushed the price over $400 (this was back when the Kindle still cost $399) but it was worth it to me. Still, I had to wait a month to get it. I ordered back in the days of the big backlog.

L

·
Registered
30 Posts
errrrrgh........ mines still not here.  Does it come via UPS or the post office?  They said it shipped the 10th from Warrendale, Pa on the 10th and it hasn't come yet.  Thats only a few hours away from me.  :(

1 - 20 of 2209 Posts