Kindle Forum banner

401 - 420 of 946 Posts

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
Annie said:
I keep debating between waiting for my September Merlot or just go ahead and buy the Black one. I think the reason I'm hesitating is because I don't plan on getting another cover for it, since I'm already forking out so much for it.
That is why I waffled over the color. Expensive enough I wanted to get it right the first time. Maybe wait a week or so, now that the initial shipping has started, the dates could move up. If you really want the Merlot, you might want to wait a bit. maybe they'll get a bigger shipment with the boat sooner than they thought.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Well I changed my Kindle Oasis order again  ::)  This time went with the $5.00 extra gift card offer and also some Amazon gift cards I just got.  Ordered the Kindle Oasis Black cover without special offers. The delivery date is May 11 now  :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wasn't sure where to post this, but BestBuy.com is now showing all three colors (Black, Walnut, Merlot) available to order.  In store pickup is available at the stores in my area beginning on Saturday (April 30).  Express shipping would get one to me on Friday.

·
Registered
6,123 Posts
stuart_h said:
I wasn't sure where to post this, but BestBuy.com is now showing all three colors (Black, Walnut, Merlot) available to order. In store pickup is available at the stores in my area beginning on Saturday (April 30). Express shipping would get one to me on Friday.
Stuart, I just did the same thing!
Best Buy has the Walnut and Merlot covers available now in addition to the black. If you pick delivery, the Merlot showed 5/5 and it looks like pickup is available locally on 5/4.
And it looks like the Walnut is the same. I am in the Austin, TX area.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=kindle+oasis&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

·
Registered
710 Posts
stuart_h said:
I wasn't sure where to post this, but BestBuy.com is now showing all three colors (Black, Walnut, Merlot) available to order. In store pickup is available at the stores in my area beginning on Saturday (April 30). Express shipping would get one to me on Friday.
I have never ordered something so quickly in my life. I saw them up on Best Buy earlier as "Sold Out Online," but they must have actually just made it available just now.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Andra said:
Stuart, I just did the same thing!
Best Buy has the Walnut and Merlot covers available now in addition to the black. If you pick delivery, the Merlot showed 5/5 and it looks like pickup is available locally on 5/4.
And it looks like the Walnut is the same. I am in the Austin, TX area.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=kindle+oasis&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys
I just looked here in Florida and it is showing the Merlot available on 5/4. That is the date I'm getting mine from Amazon, but in the black. I started out ordering the Merlot, but changed my mind. I may go by and look at them to see if I would prefer the Merlot. I can always send the black back.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Mine arrived very obviously run over by the UPS truck.  Sadly I had to refuse delivery.  Called amazon and now my delivery date is September :(

·
Registered
125 Posts
Woo hoo!  The Oasis has arrived! 8)

Just played with it for a few minutes to set up!  I love it already! esp vs. the Voyage with Origami cover.
Now to decide if I want to stick with the black or wait on the Brown/Walnut coming in May (or I guess I could just exchange for a different color at Best Buy next week since they are showing them on their site as available then.

I will be eager to see pic and reviews of those who got the Walnut cover today!  Now I have to get back to work on another project...would rather be putting Oasis thru paces.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #411
katy32 said:
Mine arrived very obviously run over by the UPS truck. Sadly I had to refuse delivery. Called amazon and now my delivery date is September :(
Holy moly.... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: :-\ :-\ :-\ Can you find one at Best Buy? *hugs*

Betsy

·
Registered
292 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Holy moly.... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: :-\ :-\ :-\ Can you find one at Best Buy? *hugs*

Betsy
Possibly but I had all but $12 worth of it paid with amazon gift cards. I don't need it that badly. I may call and talk with someone higher up once they process the return

·
Registered
29 Posts
stuart_h said:
Thank you for posting this information. I just checked, and I can have the wifi + SO in the Merlot on April 30 rather than June 21. Decisions, decisions. Has anyone had any issues with buying a Kindle at Best Buy in the past? I know Amazon still honors the warranty, but are there any other issues of which I should be aware?

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #416
katy32 said:
Possibly but I had all but $12 worth of it paid with amazon gift cards. I don't need it that badly. I may call and talk with someone higher up once they process the return
Yeah, that's what stops me from going there to get a walnut cover. Mine was paid with Amazon GC too.

Betsy

·
Registered
125 Posts
mysteryrdr said:
Thank you for posting this information. I just checked, and I can have the wifi + SO in the Merlot on April 30 rather than June 21. Decisions, decisions. Has anyone had any issues with buying a Kindle at Best Buy in the past? I know Amazon still honors the warranty, but are there any other issues of which I should be aware?
This is the second time I bought a Kindle outside of Amazon (I bought a Fire at Staples once). I love BB they are always easy to deal with for me. The only thing, that is not a big deal, is that the Kindle is not registered to your account when you get it like it is when it comes from Amazon. I really don't see any other difference, except like others have said that they wanted to purchase it with gift cards. But BB is just a couple of miles away and super convenient for me.

·
Registered
710 Posts
mysteryrdr said:
I wonder how everyone is getting the April 30th pick-up date. The soonest I have is May 4th, and my expected delivery date is May 2nd.

401 - 420 of 946 Posts