Kindle Forum banner

461 - 480 of 946 Posts

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
My Merlot WiFi-only from Best Buy is out for delivery today, coming to my office. Not sure what time UPS gets here, I hope before lunch!  ;D  Amazon, meanwhile, still shows August 15....lol

·
Registered
740 Posts
For those of you waiting. Gizmodo staff have a really great take to make you more excited:

--------------------

Kindle Oasis - For the person who wants to experience e-reading perfection

This is the stuff a reader's dreams are made of. My mother is a tight-fisted shrew of a woman (hey mom!) who will skip a movie because she doesn't want to spend the money, but she's planning to buy a Kindle Oasis because it's that damn good (also because she was forced to talk to me about it when I called her).

But seriously, every component of the Oasis's design seems intended to please readers. It's built for one-handed uses and light enough that even people with little bird arms won't get tired of holding it. Because of the additional battery in the (included) leather cover, it will last for months versus the weeks of the rest of the Kindle line up. There are 10 LEDs serving as a backlight, so it's the most evenly lit e-reader available, and there's an accelerometer, so all the sinister lefties of the world can join us in right-handers in e-reading glory."

-------
Have my qualms but this is really quite a wonderful device.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #465

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ours (2) were delivered! 😄  But alas we are both stuck at work.  I would have had them delivered here, but the company frowns on that practice. 

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well, as of this afternoon mine is in Richmond, where I live, but I guess it's just going to sit until Monday when they'll actually take it out for delivery. :( Not that I'm stalking the UPS tracking or anything hahaha

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
cloudyvisions said:
Well, as of this afternoon mine is in Richmond, where I live, but I guess it's just going to sit until Monday when they'll actually take it out for delivery. :( Not that I'm stalking the UPS tracking or anything hahaha
I didn't do that this morning either....nor did I run down to the mail room 5 minutes after the UPS tracking site showed it was delivered when the office services guy hadn't brought it to me yet....no, not me.... ::whistles innocently:::

Not that I can do anything with it. Our tech guy, who holds the WiFi password as a deep dark secret known only to himself, is out today. So I can't hook it up to register or anything until I get home. :( Oh well. It's here, safe and sound, and just oh-so-CUTE!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #472
bordercollielady said:
Yay!! It's here! And I like the black! Its so little! And I don't see any scallops! None! Still getting it registered!
Yay, bordercollielady!!!!

Betsy

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
Mine has moved to "In Transit" and it apparently is in Louisville, KY right now.
Oh, too bad you aren't with it. You could eat at Mike Linnig's. Incredibly good fish and onion rings. In business for 90 years. People drive from Indianapolis just to eat fish.

·
Registered
172 Posts
My original delivery date for my Oasis (walnut cover, wifi, no special offers) was June 8th. Then I received an email about a week ago changing it to May 10th. Just received another email changing the delivery date to May 4th. To anyone who might have cancelled their Walnut Oasis with wifi and no special offers.....thank you, thank you, thank you.😎

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
My Oasis (Merlot from BB) is in Laurel, MD. Less than 30 miles away. But it still says delivery on Monday so I guess it's going to hang out there for the weekend. :(

Still no change in the one I ordered from the Zon . . . .

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
kschles said:
My original delivery date for my Oasis (walnut cover, wifi, no special offers) was June 8th. Then I received an email about a week ago changing it to May 10th. Just received another email changing the delivery date to May 4th. To anyone who might have cancelled their Walnut Oasis with wifi and no special offers.....thank you, thank you, thank you.😎
Yay for you!

But...Dang it! I keep checking my delivery date and it hasn't changed. I ordered on the 2nd day - Walnut/SO/wifi-only, my ship date hasn't budged from June 6. I read somewhere that it's possible to get 6-month/same-as-cash at Best Buy, part of me is ready to go find out. The other part is saying "Patience, Grasshopper". Actually, I have seen someone say that they called Amazon and were told that they're WAY behind on getting the shipping dates updated, so I'm holding out hope that other people's impatience will pay off for me. She also said that it was a supervisor who told her that and gave her an updated shipping date.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Mine was stuck in shipping soon status since the 27th... Called customer service and they expedited the delivery
But now its being delivered by Amazons own delivery service instead of the normal usps or ups. Ive heard nothing but bad things about amazons own delivery service. Anyone here had good luck with them?

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Ah, Geez! It's in Alexandria!. . . . literally 7 miles from my house . . . . fingers crossed they decide to put it on a truck TODAY -- though it still shows Monday as arrival day.

If they weren't closed (to customers) today . . . . . . :( :eek: :) ;) ;D

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #479
Ann in Arlington said:
Ah, Geez! It's in Alexandria!. . . . literally 7 miles from my house . . . . fingers crossed they decide to put it on a truck TODAY -- though it still shows Monday as arrival day.

If they weren't closed (to customers) today . . . . . . :( :eek: :) ;) ;D
Seven miles from my house, too! :D

My KO is waving at your KO!

·
Registered
21 Posts
WilliamM said:
Mine was stuck in shipping soon status since the 27th... Called customer service and they expedited the delivery
But now its being delivered by Amazons own delivery service instead of the normal usps or ups. Ive heard nothing but bad things about amazons own delivery service. Anyone here had good luck with them?
Same here on amazon.ca. Stuck in shipping soon since 27th. :(

Chatted with a rep this morning and was told I should be checking the product page for in-stock status (why?) which now indicates in stock 13 June! They will "ship when they have stock available". Why would I check the in-stock status of the product when I pre-ordered and they provide the order status from your own account page...? And why is their system still saying my order is shipping soon with delivery for 03May? Their system is obviously broken or the rep has no clue. In any case I am left disappointed.

461 - 480 of 946 Posts