Kindle Forum banner

481 - 500 of 946 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
Ah, Geez! It's in Alexandria!. . . . literally 7 miles from my house . . . . fingers crossed they decide to put it on a truck TODAY -- though it still shows Monday as arrival day.

If they weren't closed (to customers) today . . . . . . :( :eek: :) ;) ;D
Mine is also extremely close to my house. It hasn't been updated since 1:38 PM yesterday. Still says Monday as well. I'm not even gonna be home until tomorrow, but still. It would have been nice to have it waiting for me when I get home.

·
Registered
172 Posts
WilliamM said:
Mine was stuck in shipping soon status since the 27th... Called customer service and they expedited the delivery
But now its being delivered by Amazons own delivery service instead of the normal usps or ups. Ive heard nothing but bad things about amazons own delivery service. Anyone here had good luck with them?
I've had generally good luck with Amazon's own delivery service. A few blips here and there, but not as many as with the USPS. UPS is probably the best in my experience.

·
Registered
172 Posts
My current delivery date is Wed, May 4th. Just checked the "My Orders Page" (something I might do once or twice or thrice a day) and see that my kindle is shipping today. My math skills aren't the greatest, but I hope this means I might get it Tue since I have Prime 2-day shipping.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I decided to check on my local store status on BB.com and it says Merlot and Black are sold out online and Brown is unavailable for store pickup at any time but could be delivered May 9. Guess it's good I don't want one just yet.

·
Registered
490 Posts
kschles said:
I've had generally good luck with Amazon's own delivery service. A few blips here and there, but not as many as with the USPS. UPS is probably the best in my experience.
thats good to know..thanks..we shall see..its out for delivery

·
5,880 Posts
Mine has been in that 'preparing for dispatch / shipping soon' no-man's land for over a day now. And it still says delivery Tuesday. I've had stuff delivered by Amazon's own delivery service on a Sunday before now, after being shipped on a Saturday ..... *crosses fingers*

·
Registered
490 Posts
walk0080 said:
Same here on amazon.ca. Stuck in shipping soon since 27th. :(

Chatted with a rep this morning and was told I should be checking the product page for in-stock status (why?) which now indicates in stock 13 June! They will "ship when they have stock available". Why would I check the in-stock status of the product when I pre-ordered and they provide the order status from your own account page...? And why is their system still saying my order is shipping soon with delivery for 03May? Their system is obviously broken or the rep has no clue. In any case I am left disappointed.
i just went through chat window..all i did was ask what the status was since it said it was suppose to ship on 4/27 and was in shipping soon status for 3 days..they expedited the shipping to overnight at no charge and even credited me 10 bucks..i didn't ask for any of that or get angry with them ..they just offered it since the issue was on their end..it all depends on the csr..i would call back or use the online chat

·
Registered
21 Posts
WilliamM said:
i just went through chat window..all i did was ask what the status was since it said it was suppose to ship on 4/27 and was in shipping soon status for 3 days..they expedited the shipping to overnight at no charge and even credited me 10 bucks..i didn't ask for any of that or get angry with them ..they just offered it since the issue was on their end..it all depends on the csr..i would call back or use the online chat
Same here I used the chat window earlier. I didn't get angry, I just asked for shipping ETA. (I am venting on this forum, however!) Tried the chat feature again just now and reached a different agent. She gave me the same details - item is out of stock despite me pre-ordering and given a ship date of 27Apr. They upgraded my shipping service to "Express" at no charge, but I am still stuck waiting until maybe June 16th for the delivery.

I still have to ask - what is the point of a pre-order if their systems don't keep track of how many units are available and how many people ordered them? This is a FOUR HUNDRED dollar eReader - How about Amazon gets the ordering process correct for their "premium device"? OK end rant.

·
5,880 Posts
It`s shipped!  ;D

And the tracking details have provided the answer as to why it`s not arriving till Tuesday - it`s coming from Germany!  :eek:

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #490
Linjeakel said:
It`s shipped! ;D

And the tracking details have provided the answer as to why it`s not arriving till Tuesday - it`s coming from Germany! :eek:
Yay, Linjeakel!!!!

Betsy

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #492
jlee745 said:
I had a June delivery date also but received email yesterday that I will receive Tuesday 😊
Woohoo!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Meemo said:
Yay for you!

But...Dang it! I keep checking my delivery date and it hasn't changed. I ordered on the 2nd day - Walnut/SO/wifi-only, my ship date hasn't budged from June 6. I read somewhere that it's possible to get 6-month/same-as-cash at Best Buy, part of me is ready to go find out. The other part is saying "Patience, Grasshopper". Actually, I have seen someone say that they called Amazon and were told that they're WAY behind on getting the shipping dates updated, so I'm holding out hope that other people's impatience will pay off for me. She also said that it was a supervisor who told her that and gave her an updated shipping date.
I am still right there with you, Meemo! I did change to one day shipping....so now it says Friday, June 3...saved myself a weekend, at least :)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Well the Best Buy option is out now.  Skooching over on the June bench to make room for Sunshine!  And I shouldn't complain - some have much longer waits, I know. 

·
Registered
458 Posts
Just received a text from Amazon and my Oasis shipped today. Email said it wouldn't ship till Monday.. So excited!!!!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #496
jlee745 said:
Just received a text from Amazon and my Oasis shipped today. Email said it wouldn't ship till Monday.. So excited!!!!
Yay, jlee!

Betsy

·
5,880 Posts
So, my Oasis has been in transit from Germany for over 24 hours now and apparently hasn't yet reached the next stage of it's journey, wherever that might be. How are they transporting it? By bicycle?  ???

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Linjeakel said:
So, my Oasis has been in transit from Germany for over 24 hours now and apparently hasn't yet reached the next stage of it's journey, wherever that might be. How are they transporting it? By bicycle? ???
Mine's been in a warehouse 7 miles from my house since 5:15 yesterday morning . . . . no doubt it will stay there until tomorrow morning when <fingers crossed> they put it on a truck for delivery. :)

481 - 500 of 946 Posts