Kindle Forum banner

561 - 580 of 946 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Linjeakel said:
It's here. IT'S HERE!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

;D ;D ;D
Glad you got on the day (just about!). Annoying when you're hanging around isn't it?

I preorded the black 3G version which is due on 10 May. I will be at work but hopefully it will be waiting for me when I get home that day.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
710 Posts
YorkieMom said:
I was wondering did anybody get the extra warranty on their Oasis? I'm not sure whether to or not.
Thank you
I only got it once for my Kindle DX. And I actually ended up using it when my brother stepped on the screen (in the cover!), which rendered the screen unusable. It was worthwhile for me because it cost way more than the Oasis, and it was a much larger screen. However, I didn't get it for my Oasis. I don't see myself needing to, at this point in time.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #566
Linjeakel said:

;D ;D ;D
Hallelujah! Whew, was getting worried!

cloudyvisions said:
IT'S HERE!!!! ;D ;D
Hurray!

YorkieMom said:
I was wondering did anybody get the extra warranty on their Oasis? I'm not sure whether to or not.
Thank you
I got one for my K1--it was really expensive and I knew I'd be carrying it around a lot in my purse. But I haven't gotten once since.

Betsy

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #567
Ann in Arlington said:
And . . . all is well . . . . . Amazon order cancelled so maybe someone else will get moved up in the queue. Off to play! :D

I figured it either works or it doesn't . . . .and if there's something wrong with it I'll deal with it then. But, after putting it through it's paces quickly, everything looks good.
I read once that most electronics, if they are going to fail, will fail in the first 48 hours of use (which usually takes quite a bit because most people don't use their devices for 48 hours straight). So I always try to use the whatever electronic thing I get as much as possible for the first two or three days. Don't know if that's still true...or if it's ever been true :D but it's the rule of thumb I go by.

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Linjeakel said:

;D ;D ;D
Woo Hoo! ;D

YorkieMom said:
Thank you
I've not felt they're wroth the money -- for ME. I tend to be pretty careful with things and we don't have any pets or children which can increase the risk of accidents. I've heard good things about Square Trade, though, which is the company that carries the coverage.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I just got a text that my Oasis shipped. Checked and I also have a serial number. They probably shipped it to keep me from checking my orders every 10 minutes.  ;D

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
My 3G walnut has shipped!

Weirdly, they combined it with one of those recurring orders that was supposed to arrive May 9. But it is scheduled for May 4 so I am happy. Especially since it is shipping UPS, not Post Office. I also have had problems with the Post Office.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Well I had a Oasis Black 3g without special offers ordered with a delivery date of May 11.  But by canceling that order and reordering with one day shipping I will have it May 4th!  :D

·
Registered
740 Posts
CAR said:
Well I had a Oasis Black 3g without special offers ordered with a delivery date of May 11. But by canceling that order and reordering with one day shipping I will have it May 4th! :D
Nice move, CAR!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Muddypawz said:
Almost no rhyme or reason.....congrats to you and all who've already received theirs!
Yes I agree! I had checked the date today expecting it to be longer. Then after the delivery date of May 6 popped up I tried One day shipping and it said May 4th release day delivery! I jumped on that with all four paws :)

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
Yay!!!
I'm glad to hear that so many Oasis devices were received today and that folks are liking them. I've been using DH's since last week but I am still hyper that mine will be here Wednesday.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been visiting for years but never posted. It has been a joy to kindle watch with everyone this year. I have been a kindle owner since the keyboard. I have purchased one every year since then. I skipped the PW3. I received my Kindle Oasis today and I love it. I was able to play with it for a couple of minutes before I had to head back to work. But I am loving the lightness and the return of page turn buttons.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #580
consuelo3445 said:
I have been visiting for years but never posted. It has been a joy to kindle watch with everyone this year. I have been a kindle owner since the keyboard. I have purchased one every year since then. I skipped the PW3. I received my Kindle Oasis today and I love it. I was able to play with it for a couple of minutes before I had to head back to work. But I am loving the lightness and the return of page turn buttons.
Yay, Consuelo! Glad you love your Oasis!

So glad you've started posting!

Betsy

561 - 580 of 946 Posts