Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
They can be used in your checkbook, your wallet, on a bulletin board, stuck on the fridge, displayed on the coffee table, preserved in a scrap book...  You'll can still find many uses for the beautiful little bookmarks

·
Registered
261 Posts
She can make you some screen savers! Take pictures of her artwork with a digital camera, transfer the photos to your computer then follow the directions (somewhere in this board) to transfer them to your Kindle.

My son is a sophmore fine arts major, and I have a bunch of his paintings and drawings as screensavers.

my palm tree avatar is one of his works, also

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
bosslady said:
She can make you some screen savers! Take pictures of her artwork with a digital camera, transfer the photos to your computer then follow the directions (somewhere in this board) to transfer them to your Kindle.
...That's the best idea!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All great ideas.  she only 5, so I'll proably wait till she's a little older before I make her artwork into screensaves.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Anniehow said:
All great ideas. she only 5, so I'll proably wait till she's a little older before I make her artwork into screensaves.
Absolutely not!! Start now so you capture the earliest efforts. It's great to look back when their older and say, "You made this when you were only 5. Believe me - they grow up way faster than you expect.

I

·
0 Posts
Just as long as she understand her art work goes in the Kindle and not on it you'll be fine.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FearNot said:
Absolutely not!! Start now so you capture the earliest efforts. It's great to look back when their older and say, "You made this when you were only 5. Believe me - they grow up way faster than you expect.
I didn't say I was going to throw it away...I'm a scrapbooker, i have TONS of her artwork

Plus I have NO CLUE how to make a screen saver for the kindle...the only attempt I made was with screensaver was one with my skin and it caused my Penelope to freeze up, so I'm a little leary of messing with her screensaver.

·
Registered
186 Posts
At the risk of being accused of being a shill...Leslie's FAQ publication gives instructions. It's pretty easy but you will need to have some software on your computer to allow you to resize the digital pictures to the correct size. Or... You can get a free account at Photobucket http://photobucket.com/ that will let you resize and do simple manipulation of photos you have uploaded there without having to buy or learn complicated image editing software. You can scan in your daughter's artwork and not even have to take a digital photo.

My avatar is one of my personalized screensavers made from one of my wife's digital paintings.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Cush,

Good advice & ditto!  Wow, I love your avatar and have admired it every time I see it.

Would there be away I could get a picture of it so I could use it as a cover on my Kindle?  ;D

Cheers,

Marci

1 - 14 of 14 Posts