Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted 6 polls (I had to do them separately, no way to combine in one question, sorry!) for the major categories for the Academy Awards. Cast your vote and then join us for the live chat during the Oscar ceremony tomorrow night, February 22nd, starting at 8 pm EST/5 pm PST.

It will be fun!

L

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I just watch to see what Nicole Kidman and Cate Blanchette are wearing. Although Cameron Diaz and Rene Zellweiger are always good for a laugh.

Added incentive for me is the Half-Blood Prince footage that will be shown. Spoilers on MTV will have the same footage and cast interview. I think that's on tonight.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I came across this on the AP Wire:

Celebs party; Hugh Jackman promises a naked Oscars

LOS ANGELES (AP) - An affable Hugh Jackman talks about hosting Sunday's Academy Awards.
___

NAKED OSCARS: Oscar host Hugh Jackman plans to reveal more than most at Sunday's awards ceremony.

"I haven't told anyone this, but we are going to do most of it naked and we're going to sing through the whole show," the affable actor joked during an interview backstage at the Kodak Theatre. "In fact, all the acceptance speeches are going to be sung. There will be some interpretive dance behind them, and I really think it will be beautiful and touching."

But don't expect People magazine's "sexiest man alive" to show everything.

"There will be a strategic leaf placed here or there," he said. "We don't want to be distasteful or anything. This is a raw night. This is the Oscars. Raw emotion, that's the quality we're going for."

The 40-year-old entertainer has hosted the Tony Awards three times, but this is his first time in the Oscar spotlight.

"If I hadn't done the Tonys, I think I'd be a lot more nervous than I am," he said.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Every day I find out that I'm really not alone LOL
I luv these threads, 2morrow Oscar night!!!!!
8)

P.S. Heath is gonna get it FOR SURE!!! No doubt in my mind, I totally agree with Leslie

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hey Leslie,

From you blog post earlier today about the Best Picture nominees...

The Reader is a Swiss book, originally published in German, and unfortunately, not available in a Kindle edition.
The Reader (English translation) is available on Kindle. I read the DBV about five years ago and recommend it anyone who is interested. (I think it was also an Oprah Book Club pick as well.)

·
Registered
869 Posts
lindnet said:
He'd better! He was just awesome in Dark Knight.
Have to agree - My Dad watched the "Dark Knight" and he was wowed by Heath's performance. You have to understand, my Dad is not an avid fan of today's movies...

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, thank you, Sparkplug! When I did my quick search yesterday, I didn't find it.

I'll go add it to the blog now.

L

·
Registered
149 Posts
Might be a let wet on the old red carpet this evening...rain up and down California.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to everyone who participated in the chat! We had a good crowd and lots of fun. It made a rather boring show more entertaining, at least for me. I know I would have fallen asleep long before the end, if it wasn't for you guys!

L

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Leslie said:
Thanks to everyone who participated in the chat! We had a good crowd and lots of fun. It make a rather boring show more entertaining, at least for me. I know I would have fallen asleep long before the end, if it wasn't for you guys!

L
Leslie : It was fun last night. I found the show boring and would have turn it off if I had not been in the chat room with everyone.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yes, it was fun in the chat!  My first time in a chat room.  I was reminded of why I never watch the Oscars though.  Good thing Hugh was there for eye candy.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
lindnet said:
Yes, it was fun in the chat! My first time in a chat room. I was reminded of why I never watch the Oscars though. Good thing Hugh was there for eye candy.
Same here I never watch the Oscars. The only part I hate to miss is when they remember the actors that have die that year. And they even messed that up. For me it was hard to see some of the pictures the camera was too far away. It was fun being in the chat with everyone.

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
What can I say?  I love the Oscars--watch 'em every year.  I know they said people were trying to tone it down because of the economic problems, but seriously, does it matter whether you wear a beige Valentino or a red valentino?  Does it cost less if they don't have to dye it as much?  C'mon, let's have some glitz!  Most of them are borrowed anyway--which is what I'd have to do to get one of those gowns--either that or steal one.  Anyway, I had a great time at the chat AND I enjoyed the Oscars--I must be easily entertained.  ;D

Betsy

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
What can I say? I love the Oscars--watch 'em every year. I know they said people were trying to tone it down because of the economic problems, but seriously, does it matter whether you wear a beige Valentino or a red valentino? Does it cost less if they don't have to dye it as much? C'mon, let's have some glitz! Most of them are borrowed anyway--which is what I'd have to do to get one of those gowns--either that or steal one. Anyway, I had a great time at the chat AND I enjoyed the Oscars--I must be easily entertained. ;D

Betsy
I'm with you, Betsy. They did things a little differently, and I liked it all. I especially liked the Bollywood singing/dancing. I'm glad that song won the Oscar.

Not too many train wrecks on the red carpet. I liked Miley Cyrus' "princess" dress. I'm going to have to find a picture of it for my granddaughter. Big Hannah Montana fan.

My favorite was the gold halter dress worn by one of the supporting actress nominees.

I wanted to stay up for the "gone to their reward" tribute, but couldn't make it.

As for Hugh ... WOW. He really livened things up. What a showman!! It seemed to me that he didn't do as much actual hosting as in previous years. Quality over quantity ... worked for me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts