Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Googled my horror pen name before I started putting up KDP books under that name. I wanted to see if any other author had the same name. All I found was an artist whose work was in a completely different field. Then after I published my second horror book someone started popping up with a children's book under the same name. Plus, the one word in my title is the first word in hers. I hope no one is confusing us, but I have been using the pen name for years and I didn't find her when I looked just a couple of months ago.

Her title is "Mama Got Rhythm and Daddy Got Rhyme." Her Facebook page seems to indicate that she is doing a lot better with hers than I am with mine, so I guess I'm not causing any conflict.

·
Registered
583 Posts
When I signed up for Facebook under the name Lisa Rusczyk, another Lisa Rusczyk added me as a friend. With a weird name like that, it's pretty funny. She married into the name and her husband looks like part of the Rusczyk family.

·
Registered
160 Posts
There's some guy who likes doing pastels (and writing books about it) that shares my name. And somebody else who does dance remixes of stuff I hadn't heard of in the first place. And somebody writing how-to books on filmmaking (no, hang on, that last one actually was me...)

But no matter what, there are too many Pauls out there. I propose an immediate cull.

:)

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
I have a Google Alert set up for my name.

Earlier today, I received a link to an obituary. It listed my name as a survivor or someone I didn't know who had passed.  :(

Actually, I married into O'Dell and just kept the name after the divorce, which was about twenty years ago. I have no link to anyone with that name other than my son. (He's why I kept it.)

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
After I posted my books to Barnes and Noble, a book of gay erotica by someone else named Paul Clayton showed up.  Amazon has a way to wall off writers with similiar names, but I haven't figured out how to do the same in B&N.  If anyone knows how to do that, I'd appreciate letting me know here or in a PM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts