Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I quickly read through the first two books last weekend! I read that the third in the trilogy would not be released until December but to my surprise it is listed to release on 11/25. It is available for pre-order but was just wondering if anyone has ever pre-ordered a book and had it sent to their kindle?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Looks interesting. I might have to sample the first one. ...and because I couldn't resist the urge to play with the linkmaker:

Book one

Book two

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL!  I was doing the same thing!  I thought I would try to fancy up my post and it worked!

·
Registered
829 Posts
mydreamywish said:
LOL! I was doing the same thing! I thought I would try to fancy up my post and it worked!
GMTA

·
Registered
167 Posts
I didn't bother to pre-order it as the price will probabl drop that day. The paperback is listed for less and for some reason they like to post the pre-order for more than it is on the day it is released. -My husband knows already that he won't be allowed to bother me and my Kindle while we read Nora. That is a big No, No in my house. -I've been waiting not so patiently for this book to come out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Soapy, thanks for the info.  I want it so bad that I didn't know if I should or not.  I did see the price of the paperback was cheaper than the Kindle version and that made me wonder. 

·
Registered
167 Posts
I can't wait for this one! Whether the price drops or not I will get it on the 25th, but alot of them do drop some. I love her books. I have everything she has ever written. I am just waiting for them to put more of her older books on the Kindle. The publisher states they are working on it but no set timetable.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will have to get it on the 25th too!  I can't wait to find out what happens, the wait is KILLING ME!

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I preordered it because I seriously doubt the price will come down. The majority of the Nora Roberts/JD Robb books for Kindle are $6.39. Especially the ones that are part of a trilogy/series.

I have just about every one of her books myself. I'm getting read to re-read the "Born in" trilogy because they finally kindlized the final book.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Right now the Born in series is the only one I haven't downloaded. I only allow myself so many Nora books a month to re-buy. I have all the actual books so I am getting the duplicates so I will always have them with me. Getting ready to re-read the In the Garden series, Blue Dahlia, Black Rose and Red Lily.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've never read any of Nora's stuff before.  Are all her books like the series above that I'm reading?  Or is there another series that she writes that could be similar?  I am not into "romance" novels per se' but mixed with a little bit of the paranormal/fantasy I can go for.

·
Registered
167 Posts
They all have some romance but some have ghosts (the in the garden trilogy), some have witches and vampires. Some are just mysteries, nothing scary though. I read one book years ago and it got me hooked. I haven't found a bad one yet. I never got into her JD Robb series though. I read one and that was it.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
soapy70 said:
Right now the Born in series is the only one I haven't downloaded. I only allow myself so many Nora books a month to re-buy. I have all the actual books so I am getting the duplicates so I will always have them with me. Getting ready to re-read the In the Garden series, Blue Dahlia, Black Rose and Red Lily.
I think that was one of the first Nora Roberts Sets I got for the Kindle. It's one of my favorites. I love Roz. I still have many of the single books to get because the trilogies are my favorites so I started with those.

mydreamywish said:
I've never read any of Nora's stuff before. Are all her books like the series above that I'm reading? Or is there another series that she writes that could be similar? I am not into "romance" novels per se' but mixed with a little bit of the paranormal/fantasy I can go for.
If you like this one, you'll most likely enjoy the Circle Trilogy. That one starts with Morrigan's Cross. Many of her trilogy's have a fantasy/paranormal slant, whether it's fairies, witches, vampires, gods, or ghosts.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
I think that was one of the first Nora Roberts Sets I got for the Kindle. It's one of my favorites. I love Roz. I still have many of the single books to get because the trilogies are my favorites so I started with those.
The Born In trilogy was the first of hers I got for the Kindle, too. It was the first time I read it, and is now one of my NR faves.

If you like this one, you'll most likely enjoy the Circle Trilogy. That one starts with Morrigan's Cross. Many of her trilogy's have a fantasy/paranormal slant, whether it's fairies, witches, vampires, gods, or ghosts.
I just don't go for vampires, so I really didn't like this one.

Two good paranormals are the Key trilogy and the Three Sisters Island trilogy. The "villain" in the second one was sort of vague to my mind, but menacing enough, and the characters were great. The Key trilogy is my second favorite of hers.

Probably her best all around trilogy (to which she eventually added a fourth) is the Quinn brothers (Chesapeake Bay). There's a running mystery through the first three books and some ghostly sightings, but very mild in that respect. The most important aspect of these books is the relationship of the brothers to each other and their parents and a nine year-old-boy. NR writes nine-year-old boys very well.

My two favorite stand-alones of Nora Roberts are Northern Lights set in Alaska involving a murder, and Homeport set in Maine about art thefts.

·
Registered
167 Posts
My alltime favorites of Nora's are Carolina Moon and Montana Sky. Carolina Moon still isn't available on Kindle yet but I keep hitting that button. -The Key series is great too. I just re-read that one a couple of weeks ago. She also wrote some anthologies that 5 of the 6 are on kindle. They are the 'Once Upon A' series. They have witches, wizards, old time lords & ladies.Great set of stories. I enjoyed them.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
soapy70 said:
They all have some romance but some have ghosts (the in the garden trilogy), some have witches and vampires. Some are just mysteries, nothing scary though. I read one book years ago and it got me hooked. I haven't found a bad one yet. I never got into her JD Robb series though. I read one and that was it.
Love the JD Robb, but then I'm a geek!

Betsy :p

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So again the Kindle has opened my eyes to something new.  I would never buy a Nora Roberts book before because I thought she was just a mushy romance author.  Thank goodness for those samples, all of you and this board!  I don't know how I ever lived without it!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
mydreamywish said:
So again the Kindle has opened my eyes to something new. I would never buy a Nora Roberts book before because I thought she was just a mushy romance author. Thank goodness for those samples, all of you and this board! I don't know how I ever lived without it!
That's what we like to hear! Spread the word!

Betsy

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
mydreamywish said:
So again the Kindle has opened my eyes to something new. I would never buy a Nora Roberts book before because I thought she was just a mushy romance author. Thank goodness for those samples, all of you and this board! I don't know how I ever lived without it!
Same here... I am not a big romance novel kinda girl... I am the sci-fi/mystery/action/adventure type and I have avoided Nora also. Thanks for setting me straight!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts