Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO,
I like to take my kindle to bed naked, I mean the kindle.
I don't want a case attached to it getting in my way, and adding weight. Captain Picard reads in bed and HE doesn't have a case for his cool looking StarTrek ebook reader, so I don't either!

But I DO need a case for carrying it around, for example I can't just throw her in my motorcycle tank bag naked, she'll get damaged! So I went to the store where my daughter works and got what I considered to be a pretty spiffy carrying case. It was only $20 and I didn't have to wait for it to ship AND I got my daughters employee discount (so it was actually $16).

The downside is that my girlfriend is a luddite and she doesn't like the case, she thinks that its too effeminate. No biggy, I just don't need her snickering...

Anyway, if you have a Vera Bradley reseller nearby you can stop by and see how it fits.
:-\

·
Registered
695 Posts
Looks like a great choice to me!  I just got my first Vera Bradley's last week (I ordered 3) and wish I'd considered that fabric a bit more.

I think the most important part is it's functionality and hey, you can't beat the price either.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ConnieK said:
You obviously are secure in your masculinity. ;) It is a lovely bag.
:)
I am a 42 year old 6'-4", 220 lbs man. Think what you will.
I DO get strange looks, but to me, that only makes it funnier.
;D

·
Registered
695 Posts
I once had a boyfriend who refused to wear a red shirt because it had faded and he thought it looked pink (which it didn't) ugh.  So, I think it's great to see a man willing to use something most would see as "girly".  Heck, Stephen King has a pink Kindle, I see nothing wrong with that.  The most important thing is that it protects your investment.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
kirwoodd said:
SO,
I like to take my kindle to bed naked, I mean the kindle.
I don't want a case attached to it getting in my way, and adding weight. Captain Picard reads in bed and HE doesn't have a case for his cool looking StarTrek ebook reader, so I don't either!

But I DO need a case for carrying it around, for example I can't just throw it in my motorcycle tank bag naked, she'll get damaged! So I went to the store where my daughter works and got what I considered to be a pretty spiffy carrying case. It was only $20 and I didn't have to wait for it to ship AND I got my daughters employee discount (so it was actually $16).

The downside is that my girlfriend is a luddite and she doesn't like the case, she thinks that its to effeminate. No biggy, I just don't need her snickering...

Anyway, if you have a Vera Bradley reseller nearby you can stop by and see how it fits.
:-\
I love the Yellow Bird fabric.

That's the Vera Bradley Purse Cosmetic. It fits perfectly. Sadly it's been discontinued. You won't be able to find it in the stores much longer, but ebay should always have it :) I have 3 of them.

If you want to see just how much you can fit in that case:

Not that you need to throw that much in there....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Personally, I think you should have gotten one like mine.

Only $9.99 at Target - and it goes with absolutely nothing!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
deMoMo said:

POCKETS!!!
I loves me some pockets; thats awesome!

·
Registered
361 Posts
kirwoodd said:
:)
I am a 42 year old 6'-4", 220 lbs man. Think what you will.
I DO get strange looks, but to me, that only makes it funnier.
;D
There is nothing wrong with being in touch with your feminine side..........it's all good.
kjn ;)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Buttercup said:
I once had a boyfriend who refused to wear a red shirt because it had faded and he thought it looked pink (which it didn't) ugh.
I love a man in pink! So many men look great in that color.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
deMoMo said:

Hey - when it goes with absolutely nothing - it goes with absolutely everything! I like it!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
kirwoodd said:
:) I am a 42 year old 6'-4", 220 lbs man. Think what you will.
I DO get strange looks, but to me, that only makes it funnier. ;D
I admire men with a sense of humor and a spirit of adventure! You Go Guy!

·
Registered
52 Posts
lindnet said:
Hey, that Target one is really cool! What department was it in?
It was near the purses. It's also available online. I love the pockets on the outside!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Kirwood,  LOL... you are soooooo secure in your masculinity!  If I were your girlfriend, I would tease you endlessly though....  It just reminds me of the friends episode where Joey walked in with a "man bag" and all his friends keep making fun of his purse!  He kept saying, "Its not a purse, its a BAG!"  You can say, "Its not a purse, its a Kindle Case!".

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
It's pretty nice looking but not for me. My KK is still naked and I dont' travel much.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts