Kindle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
"The name of the book is of course attention getting, and being a new Periscoper, Jenny McCarthy featured the book on her show. It is, I would say the female's retaliation of He's Just Not That Into You, a book which Kara King openly references at the beginning of hers. She takes the power of the seemingly helpless females in Behrendt's book and says that is us who basically hold the key...just some of us don't know how to use it. She adds humor to the basics that most of us already heard, but/and/or don't follow (i.e. don't give it up too soon, have confidence, and avoid losers). It is howlingly funny how she breaks down the different types of "losers" and "users" out there, and my track record certainly appeared on those lists. Then she says to take the man's tactics and basically flip it back on them. Easier said than done, because we actually have feelings but I did notice in the past the guys I just didn't care for were at my beck and call, simply because I did not need them. Did you notice that for the guys you didn't care about? It is definitely empowering for a female to realize her "blank" power. She adds her own personal bonus material at the end, which was my favorite part, but don't know if I'm actually brave enough to act like a guy, but I can recall some instances where I actually did without realizing it. And if you even don't necessarily agree with the things she has to say, it is a great quick read and at some point you will relate to something in her book." ~Amazon Reviewer

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
😽😽😽

reminder -- very short or one/two word posts are discouraged and may be deleted at the moderators' discretion. Please see our Forum Decorum.

·
Banned
446 Posts
I recently attempted to Kindle-publish  a whimsical short story about the sad passing of my sister’s pet cat, and was astounded to discover the following day, that the story had been rejected by Amazon, and permanently BANNED !
Only later did an American friend advise me that my choice of title (‘My sister’s p*ssy’) might have had something to do with the draconian censorship.
I must confess to having been vaguely aware that there has always been some sort of confusion between the Brits and the Yanks as to what precisely defines a ‘p*ssy’ or a ‘fanny’ ~ but coming from Africa ~ as I do, you see, it has never greatly concerned me. (We - of course - have our own words which represent the two items of equipment, and we have taken care to ensure that the words are sufficiently different to discourage any confusion.)
Anyway, back to the book.
I have recovered the inside contents document, and as soon as I can think a suitable title and find a representative cover, I shall re-present it to Amazon for approval.  (The cat’s name was ‘Beaver’, by the way, but that shouldn’t raise any problem, should it ?)  ;D

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
"She tells it like it is from a best friend without a filter perspective. I was glad to know that I was ahead of the game and that I had already implemented many of her techniques. I decided, though, to make my love interest work a little harder to earn my jewels. It's like she said, men need sex but we don't. I'm definitely going to divulge less of my sexual history and make request when he is in PEAK mode. Read the book to find out what I mean...I won't spoil it for you. I recommend this book" ~Amazon Reviewer

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
"Really great book! She is a straight talker and I really admire that. The first chapter gave me that slap in the face I needed. Things you don't think about, she talks about. I'm glad I purchased this read, I would recommend it to every woman on the planet, because let's face it, we all need a boost at some point in our lives." ~Amazon Reviewer

·
Registered
19 Posts
ha, great title.  Am loving this thread.  Especially loved:  "...the companion book, rise and fall of the penis".  Am slightly weirded out by beard guy and his sister though :eek: 

·
Registered
182 Posts
  Sexual manipulation doesn't work on me no matter how hot the woman is. It's something I've taken pride in all my life.  If I feel money I spend is some kind of trophy a woman takes pride in, I stop spending immediately. I also don't expect anything physical from a lady friend that is genuine -- as long as the friendship is real and not fabricated. I, like any real gentleman like to spend money on women with no expectation of physical rewards.
  I only expect to spend it on a genuine person. 
  Not to put this book down. I think it has potential to sell, but I already know I am immune to everything suggested in it. Ok, I'll shut up and read the sample of the first book.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Fascinating topic and I like your direct approach, OP.

Have you also tried marketing via Facebook groups?  I'm not talking about the many Kindle groups on FB but actual topic-based groups. They'd be great places to share your content links (which then link to your Kindle book sales page).

41 - 60 of 79 Posts