Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Princess Bride, by William Goldman- $1.95

I love this book, I consider it a modern classic. It is a great adventure style fantasy novel, and it was the basis of the movie The Princess Bride which I enjoy just as much.

The fancy link tool isn't working well for me, but you all should check it out. Definitely worth the two dollars in my opinion. :D

G

·
I'm currently on my THIRD paperback copy of this novel.  See my "Favorite novels" thread.  Goldman is my favorite living novelist.... who no longer writes novels.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bacardi Jim said:
I'm currently on my THIRD paperback copy of this novel. See my "Favorite novels" thread. Goldman is my favorite living novelist.... who no longer writes novels.
I also have a paperback version, but I thought it would be good (especially at that price) to buy an extra for the Kindle. I'm also sad that Goldman stopped writing novels. While I enjoy his screenplays and think he does well by being in the movie business I think it was a real shame that he gave up being a novelist for it. I'm glad there are other people on this board who loved this book! Hopefully the people that haven't read it will check it out.

·
Registered
829 Posts
My name is Inigo Montoya and you killed my father!  Prepare to DIE!!

I loved the movie - now I get to read the book!!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
LuckyRainbow said:
$1.95...........That's INCONCEIVABLE!!!!
"I do not think that word means what you think it means."

I just LOVE to quote that movie.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this info. I've already clicked it and am staring at the screen waiting for it to pop up. .............. Darn, once again I had to go to content manager and move a book from Amazon to Kindle. Wonder why that happens even when my whispernet is on before I order.

Now to start reading.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Gertie--

I'm not sure why you're having this problem...do you wait a bit before checking to see if it's downloaded? Leslie or anyone, can you help Gertie?
Hm, not familiar with this problem. Are you sure you're choosing the option to send it wirelessly to your Kindle when you buy it?

L

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
My kids quote the movie back and forth to each other (occasionally I get to join in). I think they have most of the dialog memorized.

Hope wife doesn't notice the charge on the card.

So many good books ... so few dollars.  :'(

·
Registered
695 Posts
Darn, once again I had to go to content manager and move a book from Amazon to Kindle. Wonder why that happens even when my whispernet is on before I order.
You can also go to the menu and click on "check for new content" or some such, I don't have my kindle handy to check for sure.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I am so stoked... We (me, hubby & kids) discovered the movie back in 1988 when one of my son's friends suggested it to me as a "must see" for my son's 16th birthday dinner/movie night. The whole family has been Princess Bride crazy ever since! All 4 of us have the movie on VHS and DVD and I have given it as a gift many times. I can't wait to own the book... oh yeah, I don't have to wait... hehehe :D

G

·
Betsy the Quilter said:
Wow, you're really old, BJ! :eek:

Betsy, ducking and running!
As you'll find out in the book, there has always been stew. When the first proto-mammal clambered out of the primordial sea to find out if it could breathe on land... it had stew for supper.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
As you'll find out in the book, there has always been stew. When the first proto-mammal clambered out of the primordial sea to find out if it could breathe on land... it had stew for supper.
So, if you've been around since before "always", does that make you, like, a god? (To quote Bill Murray in Groundhog Day, "not THE God, just a god.) This could explain your hairdressing skills

Looking forward to it, I already bought and downloaded it.

Betsy

G

·
I am, in fact, "a" god.  (Small "g.")  I rank somewhere below Anoia, the Goddess of Small Things That Get Stuck in Drawers.  (Her emblem is a spatula.)

1 - 20 of 132 Posts