Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished my first Kindle book, The Reincarnationist, last night.  I really enjoyed the book, but was somewhat disappointed with the ending.  Anyone else?  I was looking at the dots across the bottom of each page thinking "it can't possibly be that close to being over - there's too much left to accomplish".  It ended too abruptly in my opinion.

Still a good read, and it was free!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I am a little more than halfway through it. It's not a bad book, but not one I'd have paid for.

I found a couple of inconsistencies in the book (something I have a real pet peeve about), and I think that has dampened my enthusiasm for it.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I started it, got about one-quarter of the way through, then got distracted by a couple of guilty pleasure books. We'll see if I get back to it or not. I have a million unfinished books in my reading life.

L

·
Registered
49 Posts
I read it.  I enjoyed it.  I don't think I would have liked it as much if I paid $9.99 for it.  I really liked how it weaved 3 different stories from 3 different time periods.

The ending, yea I know what you're saying.  In fact, I have a question about it, but don't want to ruin it for anyone.  But did what I think happen happen?

If you understand that you're good!

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'm still reading it.  I switch back and forth with another book.  She has another new book that also brings in the Phoenix Foundation so I thought maybe this was going to be a trilogy, but upon reading the reviews for the new book "The Memorist"  nothing says its a continuation of The Reincarnationist.  It looks like it going to be a series.  Give the first one for free, find people who love it enough to buy the others.

Yogini2

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ShellyD said:
The ending, yea I know what you're saying. In fact, I have a question about it, but don't want to ruin it for anyone. But did what I think happen happen?

If you understand that you're good!
LOL - I think I do understand what you're talking about! I'll send you a PM tomorrow and we can chat (so we don't ruin it for anyone else!).

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I always half-read threads like this worrying that I might accidentally run into a major plot twist. Thanks to everyone here for not spoiling the book. It's much appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I downloaded it as soon as the "free" notice went up. I've read about 1/4 of the way through and am not sure I'll continue.  On the one hand, it is very well written, which I appreciate.  On the other hand, I find the characters to be pretty wooden - they seem to exist only to explore the reincarnation/not-reincarnation question.  So far, I also don't find the author's exposition on the R/Not-R theme to be very interesting, but I can't decide if that's because I'm old enough to have "been there, done that" in terms of that subject, or if it's because of a more objective quality. 

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Nancy & thanks for the feedback. I have it but haven't read it yet, I will try it because it was free. I'm somewhat OCD in the fact that when I start a book I feel as if I must finish it. I know...weird.  ??? I have struggled through many over the years.

Linda

·
Registered
192 Posts
I read it and enjoyed it.  I too was disappointed in the end, thought it had to be a set up for a sequel.  Will I buy it if there is a sequel, probably, if I'm feeling flush at the time.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Still have it, I will finish "Too Late to Say Goodbye" a true crime by Ann Rule tomorrow, love her books. I then have "A Red Bird Christmas" by Fannie Flagg for my Christmas read, and then I plan to read The Reincarnationist. I hope we get a freebie this week.  ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Rivery said:
I read it and enjoyed it. I too was disappointed in the end, thought it had to be a set up for a sequel. Will I buy it if there is a sequel, probably, if I'm feeling flush at the time.
I believe the sequel was released on November 1st, which is why this book was free, as a pre-release promotion.

L

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Welcome Nancy & thanks for the feedback. I have it but haven't read it yet, I will try it because it was free. I'm somewhat OCD in the fact that when I start a book I feel as if I must finish it. I know...weird. ??? I have struggled through many over the years.

Linda
Linda, I'm that way too. No matter how good or BAD a book is, once I've started it I HAVE to finish it. Very frustrating when I run into books that are totally not enjoyable!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Fear Not I am so happy to hear that! Is it not the craziest, most frustrating thing in the world. I can't do one thing to change it either. I've tried to put many a boring book down. :mad: I think we may need professional help, what do you think? I am thrilled to have someone I can whine to who will understand.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts