Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I've recently published my first novel on the Kindle platform. It's a culturally diverse Urban Fantasy / Thriller with action, betrayal, and painful life lessons passed from a jaded immortal to a young man trying to make sense of the world. You can buy The Remortal on Amazon here

Here's a short description:

----------------------------------

Telly is a homeless teenager struggling to survive on the streets of Los Angeles, but he has just met a man that can make all of his dreams come true. His rich new benefactor only asks for one thing in return-something no one else has been able to do for two and a half centuries.

He wants Telly to kill him.

The man with the death wish is named Van, and he offers Telly an escape from the constant fear, hunger, and shame that have haunted him during his homelessness. Telly thought he had Van all figured out, until a chance encounter with a gun-wielding thug shows that bullets don't do Van the slightest bit of harm.

Van is much more than he seems; he's an immortal seeking escape from a world he now despises. He desires a higher plane of existence, but in order to get there he must train someone to complete the grim ritual that will free him from the confines of his immortal body. If Telly can fulfill Van's request, he will inherit Van's wealth, strength, and eternal youth. But he soon discovers that Van is a harsh teacher with a questionable sense of morality, and there are other immortals who believe Van's plans for ascension could lead to something they've been dreading for centuries: the birth of a wrathful god.

If you're interested in learning more, visit the promo website for the book: http://ramseyisler.com/remortal/

Amazon US
Amazon UK

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Ramsey-

Welcome to KindleBoards and congratulations on your book!

KindleBoards is a Kindle fan and reader forum. As you browse KindleBoards, keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed in the Book Bazaar. (You've posted your book thread in the right place; this is just our standard reminder. :))

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then. You may modify the latest post to reflect new information.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,36.0.html. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reviews for The Remortal are in!

"Ramsey Isler succeeds at the neat trick of portraying a realistic LA that is vast and anonymous enough to contain the characters and plot of this urban fantasy. Well done!" - Noddy Boffin

"There are a good number of quirky characters who are surprisingly organized. It's a smart read with good imagination for explosions and devious but concerned undying beings." - Kenny Requa

Get it today and please leave your own review! http://www.amazon.com/The-Remortal-ebook/dp/B004VB532E. If you're still on the fence and would like to learn more, visit the promo site for character and setting info: http://ramseyisler.com/remortal

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Happy Holidays to all!

Thanks for all the Kindleboards support for my novel, The Remortal. If you haven't had a chance to take a peek at it, please take moment to visit the Amazon page. If you like urban fantasy, action, suspense, and moral themes where not everything is black and white, I'll think you'll like it

Here's an excerpt:

"The earliest history of our little club has been lost through the ages," Van answered. "Even we don't know exactly who the first of our kind were. But back in the 1920s, one of our more academic members discovered a Sumerian story that was written about five thousand years ago. The story told of the Anerin-people who had fallen from the stars. They were gods who were thrown out of the heavens for wanting to bestow the honor of godhood upon the noblest peoples of Earth. The other gods, not surprisingly, were not in favor of bringing the lowly humans up to their level. As punishment, the maverick gods were confined to immortal human bodies and forced to live amongst the common people until they had learned to value the exclusivity of their godhood. But the story goes on to say that these gods were very clever, and resourceful. They found a way to release their true astral forms from their mortal prisons, while simultaneously accomplishing their original goal of bestowing godhood upon man. They devised a method to pass on their curse, along with some of their godliness, through their blood."
Read more of The Remortal at:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Remortal-ebook/dp/B004VB532E

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Remortal is still only $2.99 and enjoying a 4.5 star rating. Elizabeth from the Wading Through Electronic Ink blog had this to say about it:

I actually enjoyed The Remortal a great deal more than I thought I would. I confess that sometimes when I pick up a novel that I have agreed to review, I don't expect very much. And a book about a male protagonist who lives on the street is exactly the kind of gritty "boy" book that I usually have to force myself to read. But in this case, I am glad to say that I was pleasantly surprised.
Read more of the review here, and get the book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/The-Remortal-ebook/dp/B004VB532E

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Weekend Sale! The Remortal is now only $0.99. Get it on Amazon today

I enjoyed this book so much! The characters seemed well known to me by the time the book was even half way read - really good characterizations. - Review from J. Kucinski

1 - 8 of 8 Posts