Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a favorite of mine so I tried to contact the author to see if it could be put on the Kindle. Unfortunately Mr. Farmer has recently died. However, I did get an answer from someone who said that while there were no plans for any form of ebooks, he would bring it up with the proper agent to see if it might be possible. So we have to hope.

Steve

·
Registered
399 Posts
I love PJF and have most of his books (including the entire Riverworld series) in DTB, including several limited editions and autographed copies. I'd love to purchase them in eBook form. Hopefully, that will eventually happen.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Thanks for the info. The first two books in one edition at $9.99 is an excellent deal. The three separate follow-on books at $9.99 each, not so much -- particularly since I don't think any of them is up to the quality of the first two. So I've already ordered and downloaded the 2-for-1 e-book, but I'll probably pass on the others unless/until their prices are slashed. :)

·
Registered
9,634 Posts
Farmer was an offbeat and talented author, and Riverworld  series was my favorite of all his work.  I may pick up at least the first two for Kindle.  I agree with Nog that the series deteriorated later, though it held my interest longer than Nog's.  Thanks for alerting us!

·
Registered
272 Posts
One can only wonder if Mr. Farmer is now sitting on the bank of a large river, talking with Mark Twain.  The first two books were great but the others were so-so.  I found the recent mini-series unwatchable...

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Erick Flaig said:
One can only wonder if Mr. Farmer is now sitting on the bank of a large river, talking with Mark Twain. The first two books were great but the others were so-so. I found the recent mini-series unwatchable...
Yeah, I tried to watch the TV series both times they aired it, and could not stay with it for very long at all. It did not feel to me anything at all like I remember the books -- which I'll be reading soon to find out how far off my memory is now after all of these years. :)

·
Registered
982 Posts
Read the Dayworld series years ago, in fact so long ago, I can't remember if I read the 3rd one, or even if it was out yet. I don't think it was. Loved it like crazy though. Farmer was such a wonderful and quirky writer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts